• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do the Devil May Cry fans have a right to complain about the new DMC?

Do the Devil May Cry fans have a right to complain about the new DMC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
...that was alot of reading....

and who says sales dictate what games you like or not, i'm sure all our game collections are not the same at all, some people here like pokemon...:confused:, honestly i dont even see it in the stores when i shop for a game, its numb to my eyes, and theres alot of people here who think dmc2 is a bad a$$ game....(maybe, i do have sentimental value with it) I'm saying your opinion is your own, anything u say wont change anyones mind, except when i'm talking. All i know is the combat looks cool in DmC, its quite interesting to me, but also its ran at 30fps or so or is it locked at 30fps?..... what ever that means. maybe i'll just have to slow down my demon ass kicking i guess.... couldnt care less about the frame rate.

PS heath whatever (not gonna bother looking for his name) was priceless!!
i really thought he was going to talk more.....oh well......(super troll)

And the dude from NT, T.A, he does has a way with words. But i've never been offended by what he has said. Compared to whoever thinks he's a meanie, its just one person saying one thing, he gets HATE mail. I'm sure plenty of people have wrote they wanted him to die, or worst. I actually like when industry guys have a backbone, it shows they're no push-overs. Maybe thats just too unprofessional for some people here, but when i hear it i giggle hehehheheheh

PUNK ROCK

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
why because im honest,and u have yet to give ur reasons why u like this game,i have a lot of valid reasons,u didnt give any,its the same answer every time,dont judge before u play and that's fine,but i can tell u the same thing,until then i will judge what i see now.
and dont be disrespectful i can live with immature but "that other guy above" who the hell do u think u are,u better thank god that i dont know who u are,because if i did i will kick ur ass,get a life.

People have different opinions, people are allowed to believe what they want, if people want to believe the new DmC will be good, then that's their choice. You can't change that. Deal with it.
Also, pack it in with the internet tough guy threats and ad hominem attacks, no one's going to take you seriously in an argument if you keep it up and all it'll do is result in you getting reported and banned very swiftly.

Best course of action if someone riles you up is to just walk away, I suggest you do that.

~Credo.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Of course the foundation is true; it's a fighting game. There are only so many things you can do with a fighting game: more moves, a few new stages, and a cutscene sprinkled here or there. That's why the file sizes are so small when you download the game onto your system. I'm sorry, I love MK and Tekken, but there is just nothing TO change about them. MAYBE camera angles. Other than that,there's nothing that changes. For Hack-and-Slash, it's totally different. There NEEDS to be a story as much as there needs to be different interactions in the environment, and hell even the environment itself needs to change. Comparing a fighting game to a hack-and-slash is like comparing Star Wars to Lord of the Rings. Yes, they're both movies, but at the end of the day they are two totally different animals.
I guess thats all good except a fighting game is made for 2 players so the majority of the tweaks and upgrades from game to game are usually speed, responsive gameplay and graphics. Graphics on fighting games are usually in higher poly's because they have a wider range of movement that each character does ingame. As for a hack and slash... yeah, whatever you said. My comparison was taking the core of "both" game mechanics and reinventing something new fun and familiar.

and who says sales dictate what games you like or not, i'm sure all our game collections are not the same at all, some people here like pokemon...
PUNK ROCK
I like pokemon :3 :oops:.
I'm glad ToCool74 became much more understanding and realized WE'RE ALL DMC FANS.
Ahh it was nice to say this :).

rogue_devil

People have different opinions, people are allowed to believe what they want, if people want to believe the new DmC will be good, then that's their choice. You can't change that. Deal with it.
Also, pack it in with the internet tough guy threats and ad hominem attacks, no one's going to take you seriously in an argument if you keep it up and all it'll do is result in you getting reported and banned very swiftly.

Best course of action if someone riles you up is to just walk away, I suggest you do that.

~Credo.
i have no problem with ppl who like this game,i dont give rates ass,i made this thread to see ppl's opinions ,hes the one that was disrespectful,i never called any body names or something like that,because doing that on the net is just weak,im sure he wouldn't talk that if he was talking to me face to face,we are not in middle school,i noticed that alot of ppl on this forum are in there 20's,and most of them act like it.

and who says sales dictate what games you like or not, i'm sure all our game collections are not the same at all, some people here like pokemon...:confused:, honestly i dont even see it in the stores when i shop for a game, its numb to my eyes, and theres alot of people here who think dmc2 is a bad a$$ game....(maybe, i do have sentimental value with it) I'm saying your opinion is your own, anything u say wont change anyones mind, except when i'm talking. All i know is the combat looks cool in DmC, its quite interesting to me, but also its ran at 30fps or so or is it locked at 30fps?..... what ever that means. maybe i'll just have to slow down my demon ass kicking i guess.... couldnt care less about the frame rate.

PS heath whatever (not gonna bother looking for his name) was priceless!!
i really thought he was going to talk more.....oh well......(super troll)

And the dude from NT, T.A, he does has a way with words. But i've never been offended by what he has said. Compared to whoever thinks he's a meanie, its just one person saying one thing, he gets HATE mail. I'm sure plenty of people have wrote they wanted him to die, or worst. I actually like when industry guys have a backbone, it shows they're no push-overs. Maybe thats just too unprofessional for some people here, but when i hear it i giggle hehehheheheh

PUNK ROCK
i agree,there's alot of ppl who hate DMC 4(i love it) especially in the DMC fan base,but the game was huge success,sales proves that.
the fact is,that sales are the only thing to base a games success and movies too(i think twilight is the most over rated movie in history,i think it sucks,but sales proves other wise)

Last edited by a moderator:

Asmodaius

Though I have a certain dislike for Nero, I found DMC4 a good game. I liked the story, the gameplay was alright and the graphics quite good as well. My only beef with it is that the plot of the game was rather random and didn't really have anything to do with Dante - other than him doing what he does best; killing demons. The story revolved around Nero who just left everyone with more question than answers, and leaving alot more plotholes in an already messy storyline.

But I still bought the game and I still played it. As rogue said, the sales say the game was a success.
We'll just have to wait and see how the sales will be for the new DmC...

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm glad ToCool74 became much more understanding and realized WE'RE ALL DMC FANS.
Ahh it was nice to say this :).

Never realized anything.

Like I said before I never said or implied that the DmC supporters where not true Devil May Cry fans for liking this game.

Also like I said before, I mostly get into arguments with you "supporters" because in my eyes it seems like sometimes you are trying to attack or challenge my opinion.

I have never actually attacked or condemned any of you for liking it.

I will admit however that once a disagreement starts I always like to have the last word, hence the reasons it tends to last for a while lol.

But for now on I'm willing put those disagreements behind me if you guys can start respecting my opinion, even if its something not so positive towards this game.

If so I promise to respect yours.;)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Yes, DMC fans have the right to complain about the new DmC game. However, Capcom also has the right to ignore DMC fans' complaints, as evidenced by Capcom's decision to use the current Dante's design.

Regardless, I am gonna play this game when it comes out, because I am intrigued with Ninja Theory's storytelling.

Never realized anything.

Like I said before I never said or implied that the DmC supporters where not true Devil May Cry fans for liking this game.

Also like I said before, I mostly get into arguments with you "supporters" because in my eyes it seems like sometimes you are trying to attack or challenge my opinion.

I will admit however that once a disagreement starts I always like to have the last word, hence the reasons it tends to last for a while lol.

But for now on I'm willing put those disagreements behind me if you guys can start respecting my opinion, even if its something not so positive towards this game.

If so I promise to respect yours.;)
There are so many bashers of this new game who do not put valid facts about what they don't like in the new DmC so maybe that's the reason why we always argue with you and you should not consider that an attack...that's too harsh :oops:, we're merely debating or pointing our facts and opinions which most of the haters are lacking.
I'm surely going to respect your opinion more in the future as you seem to be one of rare guys (naysayers, whatever) with true opinions and facts.
You're very stubborn if you always like to have the last word, but respect comes from both ways.
If we ever get into an disagreement, which I think we would xD, I guess I'll be the one who will finish it quickly before it gets out of hand.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
There are so many bashers of this new game who do not put valid facts about what they don't like in the new DmC so maybe that's the reason why we always argue with you and you should not consider that an attack...that's too harsh :oops:, we're merely debating or pointing our facts and opinions which most of the haters are lacking.
I'm surely going to respect your opinion more in the future as you seem to be one of rare guys (naysayers, whatever) with true opinions and facts.
You're very stubborn if you always like to have the last word, but respect comes from both ways.
If we ever get into an disagreement, which I think we would xD, I guess I'll be the one who will finish it quickly before it gets out of hand.
you're full of yourself
here's somethin
the frame-rate is stuck at 30 frames, as oppossed to devil may cry's usual 60 frames
the motion capture of dantes movements look wack, doesn't look athletic at all(it's like white people doing martial arts in films, the choreography usually look like crap and you can see the fighters haven't really got the nack of someone who actually grew up practicing martial arts, watch some chinese kung-fu movies and then watch some american martial-arts movies to see what i mean)
and he's half-angel(personally dont think angel's have any place in devil may cry games, seems too corny)

i needn't express the obvious, as so many people took it very personal last time
but now im also worried about other characters(vergil)

now you tell me why you love the game so much, esspecially since right now, it's lookin like a lesser version of dmc2

Asmodaius

you're full of yourself

No need for this. No need for namecalling or pointing fingers.

the frame-rate is stuck at 30 frames, as oppossed to devil may cry's usual 60 frames

Instead of focusing on this, maybe check out the gameplay videos instead to see how it actually works in-game. To me, it looks smooth and fast enough.

the motion capture of dantes movements look wack, doesn't look athletic at all(it's like white people doing martial arts in films, the choreography usually look like crap and you can see the fighters haven't really got the nack of someone who actually grew up practicing martial arts, watch some chinese kung-fu movies and then watch some american martial-arts movies to see what i mean)

Again with the judgementality and narrowmindedness... There are many "white people" who are great at martial arts (and also many Asian people who knows nothing about martial arts) and who do well with motion capturing for games and movies etc. Don't judge a book by its cover.

and he's half-angel(personally dont think angel's have any place in devil may cry games, seems too corny)

Tameem Antoniades told us he has an angel form, not that he is half-angel. Dante being half-angel is the conclusion made by the fans, not the actual facts we've been given. In reality, none of us knows exactly how it's going to work and why he's obtained these powers.
That you don't think angels have a place in the world of DMC is your opinion. DMC4 proved to me that there are indeed angels in the world of DMC who the bad guys tried to shape their DT after, as well with those angelic knights who you fight in the game.

rogue_devil

i think white ppl are good in martial arts,and in DMC3'4 some of the motion capture was done by reuben langdon(a white guy)FYI im not white.
i agree that 30fps is a huge concern,and i think the angel thing is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom