• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do the Devil May Cry fans have a right to complain about the new DMC?

Do the Devil May Cry fans have a right to complain about the new DMC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rogue_devil

Heres a question for ya'll
Do u think game designers should take into consideration of fan input to the game or should they not?

I think game designers should stay focused on their overall plan and collaborate within the company to figure out new and inventive ways for a player to have fun.
yes i think they should,now that doesn't mean they should take every thing.
yes they should stay focused on there main concept, but when thousands of fans point something out, u probably should take a look at it because they are human after all and they make mistakes.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
yes i think they should,now that doesn't mean they should take every thing.
yes they should stay focused on there main concept, but when thousands of fans point something out, u probably should take a look at it because they are human after all and they make mistakes.

Good point.

In essence this is what Sega did in order to please their fanbase.

Any Sonic fan has surely heard of the "Sonic Cycle" at one point.

It was a cycle of games that where not received well among fans.

The problem was the fact that Sega kept adding lame gimmicks to Sonic games and also the fact that Sonic simply had lost its core essence of speed.

Like for instance Sonic unleashed which had sonic turning into a werehog and Sonic The black knight which had Sonic using a freaken sword.

The fans really did not like the Sonic games and alot of negative backlash came from it.

Enough to the point where sega had to set back and ask the fans what exactly do they want?

And what can they do inorder to please the fanbase.

They listened, and afterwards we got Sonic Colors which was the most well received Sonic game in a long time financially and review wise.

Now we are getting Sonic Generations which is aimed to please old and new fans alike and the entire fanbase it pretty much pleased.

My point is that I believe that NT should try to listen to some of the "constructive" negative feedback and see how they can improve.

That does not mean that they have to give up what they are trying to do.

But they should atleast hear some of the fans concerns out.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
^how can there be any negative constructive criticism when there has been nothing TO criticize? some misunderstood story/gameplay concepts reported by a VERY biased author? or perhaps designs that they were TOLD to make by CAPCOM since Capcom wanted to make it different? or maybe it's just that they are using an engine that they are USED to making games on rather than taking the risk using something that they are unfamiliar with that will probably have crappy gameplay and graphics BECAUSE of this inexperience? ALL OF WHICH THEY'VE DONE TO CREATE AN ENJOYABLE GAME FOR YOU! A game that we don't have yet or have had any demos of, that's what you want to criticize? two trailers and an interview?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
^how can there be any negative constructive criticism when there has been nothing TO criticize? some misunderstood story/gameplay concepts reported by a VERY biased author? or perhaps designs that they were TOLD to make by CAPCOM since Capcom wanted to make it different? or maybe it's just that they are using an engine that they are USED to making games on rather than taking the risk using something that they are unfamiliar with that will probably have crappy gameplay and graphics BECAUSE of this inexperience? ALL OF WHICH THEY'VE DONE TO CREATE AN ENJOYABLE GAME FOR YOU! A game that we don't have yet or have had any demos of, that's what you want to criticize? two trailers and an interview?

Once again you feel the need to go on the defensive and defend this game when really there is no need to.

I'm not bashing it or anything.

But alot of the fans are unhappy for a reason.

Sure you may think their opinions are stupid and hold no value but to some people it does matter.

What is the point of releasing trailers and interviews if they do not want fan feedback?

Whats wrong with fans giving feedback and opinions on what Is shown so far?

It does not matter that the game has not been released yet.

The fact is they have been showing details on the game and its only natural that fans are going to give their opinions.

If you hate that so much then you should probably lay of the internet, because its happens with alot of games.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Because let's be realistic here. The game is a work in progress and as stated before, we know pretty close to nothing about it. What we do know is from them advertising the game and showing how combat is. That's fine. Base opinions on that. Formulate a well thought out argument against that. But don't just sit there and act like you ("you" as in general population not YOU specifically) know everything about a game and that it's the worst thing ever based on pure speculation and twisted facts. This is the sheep mentality that game companies refer to. One person dislikes what they see over design (yes DESIGN, because if he had his white hair and exact same facial structure, you wouldn't be looking at every single detail and judging so harshly and, let's just be honest here, quite unfairly) and so they twist all of what has been revealed from interviews into something that will make more people angry and back them up. We have no evidence of story nor have we seen any actual completed gameplay. We have no idea on fluidity, controls, in-game graphics, voice actors (save for the lack of Reuben Langdon), characters, etc. Again, what can you possibly criticize about the game? A trailer (which was really only the announcement of the game), Beta/pre-Beta gameplay footage, and a biased article that falsely reported an interview. There isn't anything TO base an opinion on in order to HAVE one.

rogue_devil

i have to disagree,we have lots of facts to bias are opinions on.
now what u said earlier
^ or maybe it's just that they are using an engine that they are USED to making games on rather than taking the risk using something that they are unfamiliar with that will probably have crappy gameplay and graphics BECAUSE of this inexperience? ALL OF WHICH THEY'VE DONE TO CREATE AN ENJOYABLE GAME FOR YOU!
how can that be for my benefit,why make better engines lets just all stay on old out dated engines (unreal engine 3 was described by game designers as out dated)because we dont want the risk of using something new. thats not better for me its them taking the safe side.now on a new IP that could be excepted but on a will established franchise like DMC its not excepted at all,this game must be advancing in all aspects. its not even staying in the same place its a step backwards(not the same engine as DMC4 which is better than unreal engine 3).i mean no disrespect,but thank god game designers dont think like u, because if they did we'll be seeing the same games over and over again.BTW that proves that NT cant handle a game like DMC.
Edit: can u imagine santa monica studios(the ppl responsible for god of war),developing DMC,now that would be epic.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
I couldn't find the original video, but this guy included the interview in his;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO_ORriq0bw&feature=relmfu
Start around 2:00

That's the example that sprung to mind. The fact that the fans not jumping on board are thought of as sheep isn't helping either.
lol, they say here it's an origin story and it will show how the dante we know today becomes the man he is, but he's half angel and half demon, hahaha wtf man, this game is a such a huge dissapointment

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
lol, they say here it's an origin story and it will show how the dante we know today becomes the man he is, but he's half angel and half demon, hahaha wtf man, this game is a such a huge dissapointment

Tameem said in an interview that Dante will also have a human side, so right now we can't really claim he is actually 'half angel'. It is an origin story, it's meant to be about why Dante is so hell-bent on killing demons. Even though as I said before, it isn't even canon, so it isn't really explaining anything to us anyway.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
Tameem said in an interview that Dante will also have a human side, so right now we can't really claim he is actually 'half angel'. It is an origin story, it's meant to be about why Dante is so hell-bent on killing demons. Even though as I said before, it isn't even canon, so it isn't really explaining anything to us anyway.
they said he's half angel, it's been confirmed, i heard it from the horses mouth
no, it's an origin story to explain why dante is the dante of today, that's what they said, not why he is hell-bent on killing demons

which we already know anyway is because they killed his mother

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Because let's be realistic here. The game is a work in progress and as stated before, we know pretty close to nothing about it. What we do know is from them advertising the game and showing how combat is. That's fine. Base opinions on that. Formulate a well thought out argument against that. But don't just sit there and act like you ("you" as in general population not YOU specifically) know everything about a game and that it's the worst thing ever based on pure speculation and twisted facts. This is the sheep mentality that game companies refer to. One person dislikes what they see over design (yes DESIGN, because if he had his white hair and exact same facial structure, you wouldn't be looking at every single detail and judging so harshly and, let's just be honest here, quite unfairly) and so they twist all of what has been revealed from interviews into something that will make more people angry and back them up. We have no evidence of story nor have we seen any actual completed gameplay. We have no idea on fluidity, controls, in-game graphics, voice actors (save for the lack of Reuben Langdon), characters, etc. Again, what can you possibly criticize about the game? A trailer (which was really only the announcement of the game), Beta/pre-Beta gameplay footage, and a biased article that falsely reported an interview. There isn't anything TO base an opinion on in order to HAVE one.
Couldn't agree more.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
they said he's half angel, it's been confirmed, i heard it from the horses mouth
no, it's an origin story to explain why dante is the dante of today, that's what they said, not why he is hell-bent on killing demons

which we already know anyway is because they killed his mother

Tameem also stated that Dante has a human side, he claimed that in an interview. And as I put before, you can't have a human, angel and demon side unless he's half human, quarter angel and quarter demon. So in terms of taking his human side out of consideration and his non-human powers into consideration, Dante would be half angel and half demon.

The story was to explain why Dante was so angry with the demon World and angry towards demons in general. Yes they killed his mother. Perhaps there are more reasons also. But nonetheless, it is also to explain why he is so aggresive and so intent on hunting and killing demons.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
Way to be narrowminded and judgemental.
do you wear eyeliner? do you dye your hair black and have a really long gelled fringe which you have combed over one of your eyes? do you have the phsique of a female runway model despite being male? do you lack any form of athletcism and thus hate sports?

you cant truely be a fan of the other dmc games if you are loving this one, and you have been loving it from the very beggining, since that very first trailer, it's cringe worthy even thinking about it

tell me, do you actually like the other dmc games?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Just to disprove that only Emos like the new DmC, I wasn't an Emo when I first started playing Devil May Cry. In fact, I only recently became an Emo and I enjoy the new DmC. So how does being Emo make any difference to whether you can like the old Devil May Cry? Which I still do today, and I'm still Emo.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
do you wear eyeliner? do you dye your hair black and have a really long gelled fringe which you have combed over one of your eyes? do you have the phsique of a female runway model despite being male? do you lack any form of athletcism and thus hate sports?

you cant truely be a fan of the other dmc games if you are loving this one, and you have been loving it from the very beggining, since that very first trailer, it's cringe worthy even thinking about it

tell me, do you actually like the other dmc games?
I lol'd at this. Hard. Sorry but this right here is the biggest fail post of this thread so far. Presuming you are not simply being deeply sarcastic, of course. I've got to say here that I am sick of hearing so-and-so can't possibly be a true fan of a gaming series or franchise just because they happen to like a new direction or character which seemingly flies in the face of the tradition followed by said series/franchise.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I've got to say here that I am sick of hearing so-and-so can't possibly be a true fan of a gaming series or franchise just because they happen to like a new direction or character which seemingly flies in the face of the tradition followed by said series/franchise.

No I think heatlancer made a valid point. I mean, I can't possibly like Devil May Cry since my jeans are slightly skinnier than his =0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom