• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 Sequel or Prequel?

What do you think DMC5's Plot should be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AhrXSnow

I think that it would be awesome if they made DMC5 as both a sequel and a prequel to DMC2, that way a lot of questions can be answered,two of them being, what happened to Dante during the game?(He was TOTALLY different :() and what happened to him after the game (he was on his way to the center of the demon world to find something or someone probably Virgil :O). If you look at It DMC5 can really be helpful if Hideki Kamiya & Capcom decides that DMC5 should be used to fill the holes in the story, like what's Nero's history where did he come from or maybe Sparda's story even ^_^. Anyway that what I think Peace! :)

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I personally like to think of his personality in DMC2 as just a mistake. In my view, the story is canon but his attitude is not so I think DMC5 should have Dante as his old self but at times, have a colder personality come out from his time in hell.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I have no idea.
Prequel: we could have a game about Sparda?
Sequel: We could find out who Nero really is?

PREQUEL PLEASE!!

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I would like to see a Nero game in the next one but I don't think they could build an entire game on the few significant events of Neros life pre DMC4 so maybe a prequel which leads on to a sequel that tells us which path Nero takes from here. I would be happy to have the whole game without even seeing Dante but I don't think that is going to happen is it?

Not that I never want to see Dante again I just think he would get in the way and like in DMC2 and 4 wouldn't really be there for any kind of massive reason.

Sparda™

Since DMC1 and its sequel, DMC2, we've seen only prequels getting released - I'm talking about DMC3 - which is set before DMC1, and DMC4 set before DMC2.

It's time to see a sequel, which most probably will be a prequel to DMC2, again.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I want something after DMC 2. Forget moving around dates to make it canon, Capcom, give us an ACTUAL SEQUEL FOR ONCE! God...

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Darth Angelo;201473 said:
I would like to see a Nero game in the next one but I don't think they could build an entire game on the few significant events of Neros life pre DMC4 so maybe a prequel which leads on to a sequel that tells us which path Nero takes from here. I would be happy to have the whole game without even seeing Dante but I don't think that is going to happen is it?

Not that I never want to see Dante again I just think he would get in the way and like in DMC2 and 4 wouldn't really be there for any kind of massive reason.

If they started to make games without Dante in it, I would not even play it... I see where you're coming from but I think a game without Dante would suffer severely in sales and the fanbase would take a BIG hit. So don't swear at me and say NO DANTE!!! LOL jokes man but seriously... DANTE FTW :D

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
As long as Capcom see fit to explain a little of the backstory behind Nero then I will be happy! I wouldn't say no to Vergil popping in at some point and saying "hey", too. All in all, I think I'd prefer a true sequel rather than a prequel mainly because if we do get a sequel and Nero is the main character, it's extremely unlikely we'll see any of Dante because the two of 'em only met in DMC4.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
SuperDante;201499 said:
If they started to make games without Dante in it, I would not even play it... I see where you're coming from but I think a game without Dante would suffer severely in sales and the fanbase would take a BIG hit. So don't swear at me and say NO DANTE!!! LOL jokes man but seriously... DANTE FTW :D

Don't act so fanboyish. We ALL know you'd play it just cause it's DMC, but you'd probly justify yourself by telling others that "you're just playing to see how bad it is."

...that last part was a joke, but the first part wasn't.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I dont know... I think a game with Dante & Nero will definately work... I mean 2 different discs or mission lists for them... The more I think about it, the more it feels DMC4 was primarily about Nero just to introduce his character so the next game should go back to Dante and have Nero in his own missions seperate from the devil hunter... but in saying they wouldn't meet up... it seems very unlikely given that Nero is a "decendant of Sparda"... it seems like anyone connected to Sparda is fated to continuely match up with one another ie. Dante>Vergil... so its Nero who will now interact with Dante. But I personally don't feel DMC4 is about fasing Dante out, more introducing a new character... Dante will always be the primary character in DMC... but if the new director (the guy who did DMC4) DOES fase Dante out of the series... I will be done with the series.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
DreadnoughtDT;201510 said:
Don't act so fanboyish. We ALL know you'd play it just cause it's DMC, but you'd probly justify yourself by telling others that "you're just playing to see how bad it is."

...that last part was a joke, but the first part wasn't.

Honestly man, I wouldn't play it... I would go online and read the story but I wouldn't buy it if Dante wasn't in it... just download all the cutscenes and everything. IF the game looked really good I MIGHT play it. I'm not saying it would be a BAD game if it was just Nero but it simply wouldn't interest me a great deal. Just my opinion.

Meg

There's such a gap between DMC4 and 2 that I want a game set in between those two. And I want Nero as the main character. After that though I want only sequels with maybe Nero's history as a bonus unlockable or something.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
It is hard to say... I would like for the next game to be a sequel for DMC4, and the prequel for DMC2. But the game must shed some lights about Nero's background so that all of the DMC fans will stop being confused and in peace. It is surprising to see that Nero came out as the main star in DMC4, and he has a spectre like Vergil's D.T. form, and etc. This is similar to Metal Gear Solid 2's plot twist, but Nero is playable from the start. Regardless, the next game should have Nero's background explained, but Dante should return in the game too because he is my all time favourite character. :)

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
We really don't know how much time is in between DMC4 & DMC2... no way of telling until Cpacom clarify this... which they won't!

Meg

SuperDante;201560 said:
We really don't know how much time is in between DMC4 & DMC2... no way of telling until Cpacom clarify this... which they won't!

True. Which is why I hope DMC5 is set between the two in order to explain finally how much time has passed.

AhrXSnow

The way I see it Dante was becoming older and more mature. Chronologically DMC2 was supposed to be the last of the story maybe after all the long and hard battles he turned into this "Virgil" like character. Well that's what I think Peace! :)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sequel to DMC4 and prequel to DMC2. I have to know what happened to Dante to make him the mopy depressing guy in that game. Who knows, it might actually save DMC2's rep!:O

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
5; before dmc4 it should explain nero
6 2000 years before 3 it shoud be the story of the legendary dark knight sparda
7 after 2 it should bring back virgil
or 5 could be sparda and 6 nero. oh and maybie throw in a virgil origin story in there to explain where virgil learned to use his powers and how he met arkam (maybye it could be mixed in with neros origin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom