• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc4 insider!!!

Zato-OW

King
I think in DMC3 Vergil wanted Sparda's power because it was rightfully his by blood and he wanted to be as strong or stronger then his father was. So the whole arm thing being vergil sounds stupid. As he said to Dante : why do you refuse to gain more power?,the power of our father Sparda. If you ask me he was gona share the power with Dante, if Dante wanted too.
Dante_Vergil_1.jpg

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Zato-OW;45049 said:
If you ask me he was gona share the power with Dante, if Dante wanted too.
Dante_Vergil_1.jpg

Thats what I thought too, When he asked him why he refused to gain power.

Don't forget that Dante already has this power. He took the sword of his father. After that he turns into devil looks like Sparda.
Look.

Yeah, but then the retard gave it to Trish, along with the two amulets. But I like to think that it never happend cause im weird like that ^^. Im also the same way with the Devil Never Cry name, because it sounds so stupid.

morrigan

Hmmm... Gave to Trish. Riiight. Well. So if he needs it's back, he just can ask her. Wait,wait,wait... Trish is a demon, right? What if Nero or someone of Holy Knights killed Trish and took amulets and sword? Leader of Order (i think it's Credo) and "priests" (Agnus looks like a very high-moral spiritual person, indeed, ha-ha) could want that power (for the saint aims, of course). And Dante wants it's back! In that case I understand why he kills ALL priests. He revenges for Trish!

But it sounds... weird... lol.

morrigan

Yeah. Last time when Trish was "killed" Dante became a real Devil. But there is another way...Trish could be wounded by Holy Knight (or by Knights) and she was compelled to abandon amulets and sword and run to save her life. After that she could ask Dante to help her to find power things. May be Trish will be back in DMC4. We don't know.
Besides ...On the one hand there are three Knigths - Credo, Agnus and Gloria. On the other hand there are three things - two amulets and sword.
And another comparison...Three "evil" Knights vs. Dante, Nero (later) and someone "old" character (promised by Capcom) - Trish or Vergil or someone else.

Mobfigurz

morrigan;45089 said:
Hmmm... Gave to Trish. Riiight. Well. So if he needs it's back, he just can ask her. Wait,wait,wait... Trish is a demon, right? What if Nero or someone of Holy Knights killed Trish and took amulets and sword? Leader of Order (i think it's Credo) and "priests" (Agnus looks like a very high-moral spiritual person, indeed, ha-ha) could want that power (for the saint aims, of course). And Dante wants it's back! In that case I understand why he kills ALL priests. He revenges for Trish!

But it sounds... weird... lol.

We've been sayin from the start that it could be the Amulets and Force Edge that Dante wants back, but you have to think outside the box, cos it could be a whole host of things.

morrigan;45093 said:
Yeah. Last time when Trish was "killed" Dante became a real Devil. But there is another way...Trish could be wounded by Holy Knight (or by Knights) and she was compelled to abandon amulets and sword and run to save her life. After that she could ask Dante to help her to find power things. May be Trish will be back in DMC4. We don't know.
Besides ...On the one hand there are three Knigths - Credo, Agnus and Gloria. On the other hand there are three things - two amulets and sword.
And another comparison...Three "evil" Knights vs. Dante, Nero (later) and someone "old" character (promised by Capcom) - Trish or Vergil or someone else.

Dante took on his TRUE form in DMC1, but not because Trish died, no, it was a sequence of events, the merging on the Amulets with each other, creating the Perfect Amulet and then Merging with Force Edge, changing the Sword into Sparda sword and thus, initiating a reaction in Dante's body which had been set by Sparda to occur in a time of great peril.
So, the reaction has already taken place, so by right, Dante can unleash his TRUE power when he wants, the Sparda Demon has already been awoken.

Mobfigurz

Exactly, I think alot of people just forget what took place in DMC1, considering many dont play it any more.

But as we have been discussing, Dante's Power is Superior to any other Demon, and if Vergil wasnt controlled by Mundus in DMC1, he wouldve had similar Power granted to him, if infact Sparda hadnt foreseen Vergil's destiny, it just brings up the question if Yamato wouldve reacted in the same way or if it was only set to happen with Force Edge.
Now, Force Edge was left to Dante and Yamato was left to Vergil.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Not really. DMC3 changed that fact. Rebellion was set to Dante and Yamato to Vergil. Force Edge was one of the sealing factors that held the demon world at bay until Arkham removed it.

Zato-OW

King
Lol well if someone from Order of the Sword did kill trish it will explain why Dante is killing them without a second thought.
Oh yeah and if Dante still has the true Sparda power then vergil is no longer a match for Dante,Nelo Angelo or not he will lose Badly.
Dante_Vergil_1.jpg

Mobfigurz

Was it always Rebellion that was left to Dante?

Cos I get mixed up between Force Edge and Rebellion, I believe DMC3 says something different in the in-game weapons option menu, correct me if Im wrong.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
In DMC1 when we check the Force Edge it says it is a weapon that Sparda left for Dante. But we see in DMC3 how he got it and therefore that part is probably wrong now. Dante got Rebellion and Vergil Yamato. Vergil tried to get Force Edge and the two amulets to obtain the power of Sparda but he failed and therefore Dante got Force Edge for himself.

Mobfigurz

Hmmm, yea I remember now, odd.

So then the reaction could have occured in either one of the Twins and both, since both have the Blood and had both been present when the Amulets and Force Edge merged (not controlled by Mundus) then maybe both of them would have reacted and unlocked the True Power they inherited, Vergil wouldve been extremely happy, ha ha.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I actually disagree with the whole power thingy. What I saw in DMC1 in DanteVsMundus was Dante unleashing his powers while using the Sparda sword. Just like we got a glimpse from these powers in the battles with Griffon and Phandom. And even at the beginning with his aura which enchanted Ebony&Ivory and sent the motorbike back to Trish. The only Sparda thing I saw was the sword who was ok awesome since it could hit Mundus from far away while dealing extremely high levels of damage.
And even in DMC3 the DMC1 Dante clothes transform into that Devil Trigger, which looks almost identical to Sparda in demon form.

But we clearly saw Arkham obtaining more power when he had the two Amulets and the Force Edge. Although that power was his undone since as Vergil said he couldn't control it at all.

So there is power but we didn't see Dante using it. Even in the last battle before the island collapsed Dante used his own DT along with Trish's power to sent Mundus into oblivion. If the Sparda sword could give him such an awesome power Trish would have tossed that to him instead of her powers;)

So hope is not yet lost for Vergil. Even without Sparda's amulets and powers I think he can be strong to the point we see his real DT form too. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was almost like Dante's but of course with a blue pattern and slight changes. We just have to wait and see.

Mobfigurz

I dont think it was a product of the Sword, I still think it helped in the Transformation of Dante, but I dont believe the Power was held within the Sword, if it had been Dante wouldnt have left it Trish, believing she was dead and left.

I think maybe, just maybe the Sparda Power is unleashed in times of great Danger, such as DMC2, when your energy is almost gone and you have minor amounts of DT left in your gauge, you become this Awesome Demon, which I would assume is meant to be the Sparda Form.

But now Im just confused, I hope that DMC4 shows us Dante Sparda in an Amazing DT and give us more insight in Dante, Vergil and there Father, including Powers.

Zato-OW

King
In Dmc 1 was Mundus at his full power or was the majority of his power still sealed away from Sparda's Doing? I also think since Dante is Half Human hes not able to Hold his True Devil Form For a long period of time, mabe hes only able to hold it for a few Seconds mabe a few mins.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
He had all his powers. He was unsealed before DMC1 as we see him from DMC3 ending. Probably from then on he gathered powers and forces to defeat the new "Sparda" and finally conquer the human world. And I think you may be right about DT. He can use it for as much he want but it somehow tires him so he uses it rarely.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Tony_Redgrave;45168 said:
So hope is not yet lost for Vergil. Even without Sparda's amulets and powers I think he can be strong to the point we see his real DT form too. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was almost like Dante's but of course with a blue pattern and slight changes. We just have to wait and see.
I agree, even though Vergil was not able to obtain his father's powers in dmc3, he could have found a another way to obtain his full power after he was freed from Mudus' control IF he was freed and IF he was still alive. Which I believe both, I think he was freed after Mudus got smacked up by Dante, and he is still alive, we'll just have to wait and see in dmc4. *sigh*

Top Bottom