• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 Combo MAD: Winds Of Destruction

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
My first Combo MAD video, I hope everyone likes it :)

There are a few moments where combos drag on a bit but so sorry for that I struggled a bit to get things to fit with the music. Some people may also notice a few of the combos are a bit slower than the rest, that's again to try and fit in with music, everything was played in Turbo mode.

HKDJ

That was a great vid bro. I still can't chain combo's together like that. I'll be trying again after watching this ; )

Can you tell me what buttons I need to input for the move you do at 6.10 and when they need to be inputted? I know you need to be in Royal guard and JC full house which I can do, but I can't do the teleporting back to the enemy that comes after the full house. Well, I've done it, but only a couple of times. Any tips man?

Edit
Never mind. I can do it now :D

K-Style

Nice combos :). I really like your use of inertia in it. I can't even do it on purpose -.-"
I have one question though. It looks like some combos would kill enemies half way through. Is that true or am I wrong? If I'm right (or wrong), how do you kill them precisely at the end of the combo? I usually see those combos and when I try to attempt at it, they die half way. (Sorry if I don't make any sense lol)

SpawnShooter

Nice combos :). I really like your use of inertia in it. I can't even do it on purpose -.-"
I have one question though. It looks like some combos would kill enemies half way through. Is that true or am I wrong? If I'm right (or wrong), how do you kill them precisely at the end of the combo? I usually see those combos and when I try to attempt at it, they die half way. (Sorry if I don't make any sense lol)

Thanks :) and yeah I use debug mode to give the enemies infinite health, then just before the last hit pause the game and turn it off. It can sometimes be a bit finicky if the last hit is something awkward, but it's much easier than trying to fit combos around enemy health bars and record things in one take.

NostalgicRobotX

Awesome video, really liked the use of momentum transferring and you had some pretty sweep Lucifer setups. You made the Lucifer glitch look natural. Only thing that was lacking was possibly Coyote, although that can understandably be a pain to use in relation to single-enemy combos.

I use debug mode to give the enemies infinite health, then just before the last hit pause the game and turn it off.
Damn that's a good idea, might have to borrow it from you in the future. Gives me an idea for a similar concept in DMC3.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Very nice, man! I not even mastered changing styles in the middle of a fight when played this, haha.

I'm working on a SS run on DMC3 right now, i still have to buy DMC4 for my PS3. When i've had my hands on this game for the first time i've rushed through the game because i was playing it on a X360 of a friend of mine and had to give it back to him, could not take my time and appreciate the mechanics to its fullest :/

Very nice, man! I not even mastered changing styles in the middle of a fight when played this, haha.

I'm working on a SS run on DMC3 right now, i still have to buy DMC4 for my PS3. When i've had my hands on this game for the first time i've rushed through the game because i was playing it on a X360 of a friend of mine and had to give it back to him, could not take my time and appreciate the mechanics to its fullest :/

Do you have a PC that can run games fairly well? If so, you should get DMC4 for that. It's worth it for the exclusive features.
Hell. I'm saving up for a PC just so I can play that version of DMC4.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I really cannot afford a high-end PC right now, and my desktop is kinda old, Cherry. The exclusive features are debug mode and things like this? I'm planning on getting a high-end-Sparda-tier PC on 2014, but in 2013 i will just play on my PS3.

NostalgicRobotX

Exclusive features include Debug mode(This is beyond awesome, seriously), Turbo mode(Increases game speed by 20%), LDK difficulty(Tons of mobs), and mods obviously.

The game is amazingly well optimized, and runs on a toaster. There is a free benchmark tool that can give you an idea on how well the game will run on your current computer.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1111/Devil_May_Cry_4_Benchmark.html

It's worth a try, seriously; I have been able to get this game running with 512MB of RAM.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Exclusive features include Debug mode(This is beyond awesome, seriously), Turbo mode(Increases game speed by 20%), LDK difficulty(Tons of mobs), and mods obviously.

The game is amazingly well optimized, and runs on a toaster. There is a free benchmark tool that can give you an idea on how well the game will run on your current computer.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1111/Devil_May_Cry_4_Benchmark.html

It's worth a try, seriously; I have been able to get this game running with 512MB of RAM.

I'll download this benchmark and try it here on my notebook haha, just for fun, i don't think it can run it without dropping some frames.

SpawnShooter

Awesome video, really liked the use of momentum transferring and you had some pretty sweep Lucifer setups. You made the Lucifer glitch look natural. Only thing that was lacking was possibly Coyote, although that can understandably be a pain to use in relation to single-enemy combos.

Damn that's a good idea, might have to borrow it from you in the future. Gives me an idea for a similar concept in DMC3.

Cheers man, I'll try to bear that in mind in future :)
I rushed this one a bit (from start to finish was about 4 days) and I think I could have been a bit more imaginative, I wished I had put a bit more effort onto it but all in all I think it came out alright :)

Also yeah the health thing makes the combos much easier, you don't have as much restrictions to your imagination and stops you having to constantly reload the game if you mess it up, I got the idea myself from ChaserTech, but I think it's fairly common place in combo vids now. It's also good because when you pause the game you get an extra frame which makes editing it pretty much seamless.

Though bear in mind it can make some things a bit tricky, for my /v/ entry I have a combo where I finish a Frost with a reverse Backslide, I remember it took a few attempts to be able to pause the game while trying to buffer a reverse attack.

P.S Nice sig man, using the spikes to Release was awesome! :D

EDIT:
I'll download this benchmark and try it here on my notebook haha, just for fun, i don't think it can run it without dropping some frames.

I found the benchmark to be more taxing on the system than the game in most places. It runs a sim in pretty heavy areas (like the forest)

On my old PC the benchmark test was on the verge of un-playable, though I found simple stuff like practicing with debug mode in BP worked ok. You'll prob find even if the benchmark drops in places the game will be fine. As long as you don't pick LDK in the forest with this mod or something.

Good luck dude :D

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Did the benchmark here with kinda downgraded specs and it's still a 20 frame average, it's kinda unplayable that way haha.

Cool, man! Actually, yesterday searching for a DMC4 for PS3 to buy i actually found a guy selling the collector's edition and found that metal box awesome. The price is nearly 40 bucks (80 R$ for me), it's a reasonable price. I think i'm getting the PS3 version and when i come up with a high-end PC i'll be getting the PC version (does it is selled on Steam or something like this?).

SpawnShooter

Did the benchmark here with kinda downgraded specs and it's still a 20 frame average, it's kinda unplayable that way haha.

Cool, man! Actually, yesterday searching for a DMC4 for PS3 to buy i actually found a guy selling the collector's edition and found that metal box awesome. The price is nearly 40 bucks (80 R$ for me), it's a reasonable price. I think i'm getting the PS3 version and when i come up with a high-end PC i'll be getting the PC version (does it is selled on Steam or something like this?).

Yeah, they have frequent sales as well.
If you notice it on a sale you can always buy it and it will be saved to your account ready for your SuperSparda PC!!!1!

If I notice it on sale, I'll let you know bud :D

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Thanks a lot, Spawn! If you keep up with your love for this game be certain that you will have another friend to talk about combo making and other DMC4 stuff.

Keep up your good work there, willing to see your next combo movie.

SpawnShooter

Thanks a lot, Spawn! If you keep up with your love for this game be certain that you will have another friend to talk about combo making and other DMC4 stuff.

Keep up your good work there, willing to see your next combo movie.

I look forward to it man ^^
If you ever want any tips never hesitate to ask anyone, people like NostalgicRobotX, Terrutas, ChaserTech and pretty much most players are really approachable, insightful and really do a lot to help.
It's a great community and there are exciting times ahead, DMC is far from dead! Can't wait to see some stuff from you :)

Top Bottom