• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4: Best Action Game Of The Year

Dante94513

I'm not really a huge fanboy, but I have played all of the DMC games (except DMC2), and now with DMC4, it still stayed in it route, and did it justices, though DMC3:SE is IMO a bit better, but DMC1 can't compare against both of them. DMC4 has lived to my hype and somehow, I had more fun with this game than most of the PS3 games (even MGS4, and GTA4) mostly because of the gameplay, and top-notch cutscenes, plus I loved the story (not as good as MGS4's though). I do agree, the game has less weapons, but VERY less, and it doesn't stop the gameplay for being fast and stylish. And If you ask, I didn't care about the backtracking a bit. IMO, DMC4 is the best action game since DMC3 and GOW2, but also I think DMC4 is a step closer for qualifing in GOTY aswell.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Alot of people seem to complain about the combat system on DMC4; despite it being alot more fluid, while lacking weapons felt more slick and stylish. I also loved the story, it's not much on the MGS story, but it retains its own atmosphere, and i felt it was a change showing love and care compared to FPS war games with buff American men, which im sick of.

Janny

Dines with dementia
I actually loved the combat system, it's easy to learn and looks awesome and I thought the storyline was fantastic. Even though I've played DMC3 before this one, I tend to like DMC4's story a bit more.

I doubt DMC4 will ever surpass the hyper that's been created over MGS4... Why do I have the feeling that the fanboys will decide what game will win GOTY?...

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Gameplay is fun; I never play it for rank, I always play for the story and DMC4 is definatly my favourite in terms on emotional disputes which were displayed. Everyone called Nero a whiney emo, but really, you'd cry too if the only person who gave a damn was taken.

Zato-OW

King
Well i don't think i would cry unless she was killed. When Nero cried it was like he was giving up even in the following cutscene right after i mean she wasn't even dead.He was an idiot for not to know they was trying to trap him. It was pretty obvious with them keeping her alive so he shouldve used that to his advantage. Hes still cool though.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Zato-OW;112683 said:
Well i don't think i would cry unless she was killed. When Nero cried it was like he was giving up even in the following cutscene right after i mean she wasn't even dead.He was an idiot for not to know they was trying to trap him. It was pretty obvious with them keeping her alive so he shouldve used that to his advantage. Hes still cool though.

True. But Agnus did threaten to harm her; I think it was more feeling hopeless and unable to do anything, got back on his feet though. I just love the ambidence about the game, the Idol Of Time and Space track the DMC4 OST is really relaxing.

Dante94513

It wasn't that he knew that they were trapping him. In Fact, he didn't care, he just wanted to save Kyrie, not caring that it was trap (besides he wanted to see what the order was up to). Nero only cried twice which were very short. The first time is when Sanctus took Kyrie, Its not that she was kidnapped again, but she and Sanctus dissapeared, and that Nero felt that he failed to save her (Good thing he didn't give up searching for Sanctus at least). The second time inside the Savior was reasonable because it did looked like she died when she turned to angel dust.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Dante94513;112693 said:
It wasn't that he knew that they were trapping him. In Fact, he didn't care, he just wanted to save Kyrie, not caring that it was trap (besides he wanted to see what the order was up to). Nero only cried twice which were very short. The first time is when Sanctus took Kyrie, Its not that she was kidnapped again, but she and Sanctus dissapeared, and that Nero felt that he failed to save her (Good thing he didn't give up searching for Sanctus at least). The second time inside the Savior was reasonable because it did looked like she died when she turned to angel dust.

I thought she did at first, and actually being in the situation is being another. Kinda made me sad when he cried for Kyrie >_>

ManOfMayhem

It was slick and trendy in its own atmosphere it certainly would not be as good as MGS4 but still a very nice game. I didnt like the combat battle systems and the lack of weapons just killed me, then again I thought DMC3:SE was a much better game.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I enjoyed them both differently, DMC3 gave you a load of styles and could mix and mash together to make chains, but DMC4 feels alot more fluid and smooth.

Dante94513

Well, both DMC3 and DMC4 have their own flaw in gameplay. DMC4 has 1-2 less weapons, and very few moves taken away (though some are in Nero's side), DMC3 has a very limited space of weapons and styles in gameplay in which it got repetitive sometimes, and it slows the action quite a bit when I has to go to theGold Statue each time to choose different styles and weapons. Also I felt like gameplay was a bit slower, it was harder to dodge, and AR was a one time move in the air then you drop down fast. IMO, I find DMC3 to have more harder to do enemy stomp than DMC4, I did hightime on one of the hells in DMC3 M1, and I couldn't stomp on him til I got Air hike. Also the was more frustrated than DMC4 since the rooms are small. So to tell the truth from my point of view, DMC4 doesn't have an inferior gameplay nor better. Yet I still think DMC3:SE is a tad better than DMC4, but DMC4 topped the original DMC3.

OH YEAH, I saw a bit of X-play's G4oria, GTA4 won best action game, lol,and Mario Galaxy was nominated.

Zato-OW

King
Ill agree DMC4 combat feels more smooth but DMC3 combat is just insane and takes an extreme amount of practice. Vergil's combat is alot more smoother then Dante's in DMC3 but his gameplay also was crazy. Even though the DA's in 4 are more unique then 3's(except for gilgamesh) i still can't see how capcom has left these DA's out of DMC4 unlockables because they are simply very amazing weapons just to be used in one game then forgotten after that. Ill say DMC3=DMC4 because they both have very good features and improved features but they only cancle out each other so i have to go with them both.

Koemi

half-breed
I like DMC 4 more in terms of the style-switching part : it's more "realistic" in the DMC realm. c'mon, why wouldn't Dante use a certain skill just for being stylish if he learned it? DMC 3 limited that and that's my only complain. DMC 3 does have lots more devil arms and firearms so that's it own fun part - as well as the insane precision in timing attack/defense o_O but that's the challenge and challenge is stimulating =].

Zato-OW

King
I rather them let you use 2 styles at a time then 4. It seems more balanced using 2 because with 4 styles on the fly you can easily tear through enemies with no problem and it makes Dante very over powered in DMC4. Now 4style should be an unlockable or something like super DT. They also should bring back QS and DG because they raped in DMC3. I think it was too early to go from using 1 style at a time to all 4, they just amped this feature too fast. They shouldve did 2 style with DMC4 then DMC5 did 4 style. And had the mission menu where you upgrade you weapons and w/e to choose the 2 styles you want to go into battle with. Now DS should be a add-on style which you could use with you previous 2 styles kinda like a bonus style. Just a thought.

maSu

I like DMC4 :)

Storyline is very good, Cutscenes are perfect - i thought im in cinema sometimes... :)

Combatsystem is very fluid, i like the Devilbringer because you dont have to run to each enemy, you pull them to your position.

Dante is very easy in DMC4. Many enemies are killed in few seconds by switching some Styles ( i like Sowrdmaster and Gunslayer most).

But: in the bloody temple Dante sucks ! Its takting to much time to run to every enemies if they are to far away.

DMC3 better than DMC4?! No way ! I started playing DMC3 and stopped after the first Boss. Boring. Combatstyle is not as fluid as it should be. Fighting is boring. Videos are full of stupid coolnees which makes me looking like this in every Cutscene:

o_O :wacko:

It was just luck that my first DMC was DMC4. Maybe i would not have bought DMC4 after playing the DMC-Parts before.

Coolness is okay. But in DMC3 its to much. No atmosphere cause of excessive coolnes :mad:

Gilgamesh

maSu;113123 said:
I like DMC4 :)

Storyline is very good, Cutscenes are perfect - i thought im in cinema sometimes... :)

Combatsystem is very fluid, i like the Devilbringer because you dont have to run to each enemy, you pull them to your position.

Dante is very easy in DMC4. Many enemies are killed in few seconds by switching some Styles ( i like Sowrdmaster and Gunslayer most).

But: in the bloody temple Dante sucks ! Its takting to much time to run to every enemies if they are to far away.

DMC3 better than DMC4?! No way ! I started playing DMC3 and stopped after the first Boss. Boring. Combatstyle is not as fluid as it should be. Fighting is boring. Videos are full of stupid coolnees which makes me looking like this in every Cutscene:

o_O :wacko:

It was just luck that my first DMC was DMC4. Maybe i would not have bought DMC4 after playing the DMC-Parts before.

Coolness is okay. But in DMC3 its to much. No atmosphere cause of excessive coolnes :mad:

facepalm.jpeg

Top Bottom