• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4: Best Action Game Of The Year

Zato-OW

King
Yeah he needs that. He doesn't know what DMC is about if he really thinks that way. DMC3/1 has changed the way people looked at action games period. DMC3 combo system was said to be the best in any series of action games to ever come out even passing DMC4. The cut scenes in DMC3 was more entertaining them DMC4, well i did like the intro scene with Nero vs Dante the whole tutorial and through then end of the fight. That was the best cut scene in the game to me and it got slow after that.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Zato-OW;113131 said:
Yeah he needs that. He doesn't know what DMC is about if he really thinks that way. DMC3/1 has changed the way people looked at action games period. DMC3 combo system was said to be the best in any series of action games to ever come out even passing DMC4. The cut scenes in DMC3 was more entertaining them DMC4, well i did like the intro scene with Nero vs Dante the whole tutorial and through then end of the fight. That was the best cut scene in the game to me and it got slow after that.

I was actually saying ignore him to maSu, I personally enjoyed DMC4 more while DMC3 has more weaponry. Some people started on DMC3; so they liked that more, some started on DMC4, so some people like that more. I started on DMC1, and I personally liked the more serious tone (not like DMC2 though).

Zato-OW

King
I wasn't saying DMC4 is bad i was just saying DMC1 was named as an revolutionary action game when it came out and changed the way actions games should look like. DMC3 is revolutionary because of the insane combo system never seen before in a action game of this genre. DMC4 is just both put together but with some downfalls in features. I started on DMC2 and hated DMC3 at first but when i got into it i couldn't even go back into playing DMC2 and i couldn't even play DMC1 because of how bad the control scheme was even though its a good game. DMC4 should be one of those game where i wouldn't want to go back to the previous title like how I did with DMC2/3. But thats just me I'm not speaking for anyone else.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;113157 said:
I wasn't saying DMC4 is bad i was just saying DMC1 was named as an revolutionary action game when it came out and changed the way actions games should look like. DMC3 is revolutionary because of the insane combo system never seen before in a action game of this genre. DMC4 is just both put together but with some downfalls in features.

Quite a lot of downfalls...

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Dante Aseroth;113149 said:
Yeah, but the opinions are based on facts as well, and It is a fact DMC3 is more liked than 4.;)

You'd need a poll from every millionth DMC fan for the real facts. Only a small majority of DMC fans still roam the net.

Sparda™

^ I liked DMC3's gothic ambient, because that's the setting of It - killing demons in their natural habitat, especially, a tower-like portal to the Underworld.^_^

maSu

my opinion: DMC4 > DMC3

if you disagree, hey, its just my opinion... your opinion is YOUR opinion.

Like the "nero hate"-thread... some like him, some not. Everyone got very different reasons.

Sparda™

maSu;113379 said:
my opinion: DMC4 > DMC3

if you disagree, hey, its just my opinion... your opinion is YOUR opinion.

Like the "nero hate"-thread... some like him, some not. Everyone got very different reasons.

Good for you.

As for me, DMC3 gave me way more challenge than DMC4 did. The difficulties were just ridiculous in DMC4.

Zato-OW

King
Well majority rules. But one of my main issues with this game that turned me off was the final boss. Nero's gameplay makes the bosses too damn easy on any difficult level but the bosses still sucked in this game well except credo. Every boss in this game has a loophole where you can just run over them easy. Dante is too over powered with every DA and Nero could just loop around them because of his gameplay.Credo was the best out of them all and you only get to fight him once and yeah i don't feel like playing through BP every time i want to fight him as Dante. Sanctus is just too predictable i mean they basiclly give away his easily dodging attacks because he takes so long to preform them and by then you all ready know what hes going to do. The lack of costumes in this game which was tradition in the DMC series p-i-sses me off. They could've easily added in a DMC3/1 Dante into this game even giving DMC3 Dante all his DA's from 3. I also find it funny that even though DMC4 lesser enemies AI is alot better then 3s how is it that 3s enemies is still harder in must die mode.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Dante94513;112661 said:
I'm not really a huge fanboy, but I have played all of the DMC games (except DMC2), and now with DMC4, it still stayed in it route, and did it justices, though DMC3:SE is IMO a bit better, but DMC1 can't compare against both of them. DMC4 has lived to my hype and somehow, I had more fun with this game than most of the PS3 games (even MGS4, and GTA4) mostly because of the gameplay, and top-notch cutscenes, plus I loved the story (not as good as MGS4's though). I do agree, the game has less weapons, but VERY less, and it doesn't stop the gameplay for being fast and stylish. And If you ask, I didn't care about the backtracking a bit. IMO, DMC4 is the best action game since DMC3 and GOW2, but also I think DMC4 is a step closer for qualifing in GOTY aswell.
Go play NinjaGaidenII. You may change your mind.;)

Sparda™

Bringerofchaos;113512 said:
Go play NinjaGaidenII. You may change your mind.;)

Ninja Gaiden II has been met with generally positive reviews. The graphics and variety of weapons have been praised. The game has been criticized for an awkward camera that hampers player movement and combat and an inconsistent framerate in 1080p mode. The story has been criticized and described as nonsensical, but at the same time unimportant to the game as a whole, while the difficulty in later levels has also been criticized for being extreme and "cheap".

The ratings are 8 - 8.75...Nothing out of ordinary...Here goes your famous Ninja Gaiden...:lol:

Zato-OW

King
NG is a ok series. I mean it gets boring after you beat it for the first time and the combo system is kinda boring, i think they use the dial-combo system which is pretty dull for a next generation game. Its not as free as DMC4 but they have their differences which make them both good.

Top Bottom