• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC2 Remade

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
Well, they could continue the story for one. It wouldn't hurt if they did. The cliffhanger was just too much. Like an unfinished fanfic somewhere...just waiting to be continued.

A better boss. Arius was just...bleh.

Smoother movement, probably. It would have been nice if he had been mocapped by Reuben Langdon at that time.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
*WARNING!! POSSIBLE LONG POST!!*
lemme think...
-Flesh out the story: Matier & Bolverk supposedly knew Sparda, Capcom could've gone more into detail but for whatever reason didn't. Argosax was Emperor before Mundus, I doubt he/she was too happy about being dethroned and possibly denied vengeance.
-Weapons: the guns were pretty good (and a lil overpowered) but really? Long/Med/Short sword? What is this, Elder Scrolls? (no dis, luv ES).
-Lucia: lotta potential hung out to dry, she's faster than Dante , possesses an ANGEL FORM, and has a DIRECT link to the villain, the scene where Arius revealed her origin could've gone a lot better, maybe resulting in a new ability/weapon...but this is Capcom we're talkin about here.
-Dante: DMC1 personality. all i gotta say about it.
-Vergil/Nero: :troll:
-Enemies: these were actually pretty good so I'll leave'em alone...except the frigginin RE Tanks/Chopper
-Music: (^ _ ^) sorry what?
-Bosses: ...a moth...a bloomin moth...and why did Phantom & Griffin just "appear amidst The Chaos?" (GET IT!?)
-Level design: it got a little...bland? idk sumthin bout the levels bored me...
-Ending: There are four mysteries in DMC...Sparda, Vergil's current status/whereabouts, Nero's...existence whatsoever, and who/what the HELL was at the end. Never have I lost so much sleep over a game's ending...

lets rock baby

This is what dante is and always will be
*WARNING!! POSSIBLE LONG POST!!*
lemme think...
-Flesh out the story: Matier & Bolverk supposedly knew Sparda, Capcom could've gone more into detail but for whatever reason didn't. Argosax was Emperor before Mundus, I doubt he/she was too happy about being dethroned and possibly denied vengeance.
-Weapons: the guns were pretty good (and a lil overpowered) but really? Long/Med/Short sword? What is this, Elder Scrolls? (no dis, luv ES).
-Lucia: lotta potential hung out to dry, she's faster than Dante , possesses an ANGEL FORM, and has a DIRECT link to the villain, the scene where Arius revealed her origin could've gone a lot better, maybe resulting in a new ability/weapon...but this is Capcom we're talkin about here.
-Dante: DMC1 personality. all i gotta say about it.
-Vergil/Nero: :troll:
-Enemies: these were actually pretty good so I'll leave'em alone...except the frigginin RE Tanks/Chopper
-Music: (^ _ ^) sorry what?
-Bosses: ...a moth...a bloomin moth...and why did Phantom & Griffin just "appear amidst The Chaos?" (GET IT!?)
-Level design: it got a little...bland? idk sumthin bout the levels bored me...
-Ending: There are four mysteries in DMC...Sparda, Vergil's current status/whereabouts, Nero's...existence whatsoever, and who/what the HELL was at the end. Never have I lost so much sleep over a game's ending...
You pointed out every aspect of that game that I hated after finishing it hoping at some point the game would get better. After finishing it, it ended up on some expressway out my car window in AZ.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
You pointed out every aspect of that game that I hated after finishing it hoping at some point the game would get better. After finishing it, it ended up on some expressway out my car window in AZ.
lol wow, i got my money back the next day :p
ps. that may have been my best post ever!!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
flesh out the story and give Dante some explanation. There was a fan theory that his personality change was caused by his human cells dying out from old age and leaving his demon-ness behind. Thats a great story idea since it might something Dante fears happening. Plus it makes the ending seem less random in hindsight.

Give everyone a status update, I want to see what everyone and I mean everyone is doing duuring those events.

Dante47

flesh out the story and give Dante some explanation. There was a fan theory that his personality change was caused by his human cells dying out from old age and leaving his demon-ness behind. Thats a great story idea since it might something Dante fears happening. Plus it makes the ending seem less random in hindsight.

Give everyone a status update, I want to see what everyone and I mean everyone is doing duuring those events.
That might be cool. Kind of reminds me of MGS4.

Dante47

thanks man. It would be a good chance to get rid of some timeline confusion.
Agreed. Though it would be the first a developer has taken advice of fans. I'm sure you've heard of the ending to Mass Effect 3 and the fan's very well thought out "indoctrination theory".

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Agreed. Though it would be the first a developer has taken advice of fans. I'm sure you've heard of the ending to Mass Effect 3 and the fan's very well thought out "indoctrination theory".

funny thing is, i think some of the fans are better stewards of DMC's storyline than capcom.

Dante47

funny thing is, i think some of the fans are better stewards of DMC's storyline than capcom.
Sadly, yes they are. I never thought I would read fan fiction or even write it myself, and actually prefer it over the source material. Probably the best narrative was DMC1. DMC2 kind of ruined that and jinxed the next couple of games.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Sadly, yes they are. I never thought I would read fan fiction or even write it myself, and actually prefer it over the source material. Probably the best narrative was DMC1. DMC2 kind of ruined that and jinxed the next couple of games.

Fanfic is more wish-fullfillment or practice as you get to hone your skills that way.

I thought DMC3 was good as a narrative maybe even better but im biased as i played DMC3 first.
4 had similar problems to 2, both were half-baked ideas not thought out.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Here's how I would do DMC2's prolouge

The night would be dark and snowing within the museum. Lucia would do how she was in DMC2 , fighting the demon birds, but the demon birds would look more evil then that. From there Lucia would run to the rooftop and see her attackers still ready to pounce. Then Dante appears in a red tornado-like aura as the moon was behind him and would stylishly shoot the demon birds away. As he landed he would say, "Bye bye, Birdies."

He'd grab the coin that fell out of Lucia's hand while she was fighting and walk to her while saying, "No need to thank me, just taken out the trash...speaking of trash." He then pulls his gun out and points it at Lucia. She thinks it's for her but he shoots the last demon behind her. Then they both put their weapons away and Dante says, "So...you called?" From there he throws the coin her way as she walks by him. He also says, "My services don't come cheep, Y'know, but..." He then stares at her ass as she stands behind him, "...Maybe for you, I'll give you a little discount."

She then throws a paper into the air and throws a knife at it, and it shoots past Dante into the entryway wall. She then leves and says, "Till we meet again, Hijo de Sparda." Then she jumps from roof top to rooftop away from him. He then looks to the paper and sees it's a map that has a Spanish continent on it, "We will indeed." Dante said with a smile.

All Done.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Lucia is hot. Dante should talk more.

Here's how I would do DMC2's prolouge

The night would be dark and snowing within the museum. Lucia would do how she was in DMC2 , fighting the demon birds, but the demon birds would look more evil then that. From there Lucia would run to the rooftop and see her attackers still ready to pounce. Then Dante appears in a red tornado-like aura as the moon was behind him and would stylishly shoot the demon birds away. As he landed he would say, "Bye bye, Birdies."

He'd grab the coin that fell out of Lucia's hand while she was fighting and walk to her while saying, "No need to thank me, just taken out the trash...speaking of trash." He then pulls his gun out and points it at Lucia. She thinks it's for her but he shoots the last demon behind her. Then they both put their weapons away and Dante says, "So...you called?" From there he throws the coin her way as she walks by him. He also says, "My services don't come cheep, Y'know, but..." He then stares at her ass as she stands behind him, "...Maybe for you, I'll give you a little discount."

She then throws a paper into the air and throws a knife at it, and it shoots past Dante into the entryway wall. She then leves and says, "Till we meet again, Hijo de Sparda." Then she jumps from roof top to rooftop away from him. He then looks to the paper and sees it's a map that has a Spanish continent on it, "We will indeed." Dante said with a smile.

All Done.

Like that! Put up more!

KtWtWiS43

Alright, time to drop some fanfic on you guys.

Personally, whether it was intentional or not, Argosax the Chaos in his Despair Embodied form has wings that look ridiculously similar to the transparent wings around Sanctus in his demon form in DMC4. In DMC4, Sanctus achieves his demon form by bonding himself with the soul of demon. I think that overall, it'd add alot more to the story if Argosax is the demon that Sanctus chooses to bond with. Seeing Sanctus as a pawn to break into the Human World, Argosax is allowed by Sanctus to posses him, not knowing his true intentions. Using Sanctus's plan, in order to gain the power of Sparda, Argosax would pose an incredible threat to the Human World. Thus, Dante's seemingly random appearance on the scene expands far past the weak "Lady Job" storyline we were given. Finally, Argosax would present the greatest threat to the Human World yet, and we'd all have a badass baddie to root against. Ultimately, Argosax is unable to cross over, after an unholy trouncing by Nero. Sanctus is only human and therefore unable to fully wield Sparda's power, a failure shared by Arkham in DMC3, and thus is easily defeated. Argosax is unable to cross over with the power of Sparda, and the day is saved.

Now

DMC2 starts with the pretext of Dante seeking out the defeated Argosax on Vie de Marlie by assembling the Arcanas, powerful relics with enough power to allow Argosax to cross over. After witnessing the devastation brought by Argosax to Fortuna, seeing Argosax finally brought to justice becomes Dante's main motivation. Once there, Dante encounters Argosax's newest pawn, Arius. Arius of course would be an obvious choice, considering the similarities between him and Argosax's last pawn, Sanctus: High position of power, influence, greed, etc. So, eventually the story jumps through about the same hoops and Dante has a showdown with Arius over Lucia. When Dante throws in his coin, along with the rest of the Arcanas when he presents them to Arius, it gives Dante the opening he needs to jump in and face the elusive Argosax Face-To-Face! Additionally, should he fail, the Hell Gate is unstable enough to remain open for long, ensuring that either way, Argosax will not cross over. This of course does two things. The first of which, is it provides Dante the forward momentum and clarity in script that DMC2 sorely lacks. I mean cmon. ... it'd be just like Dante to literally throw Argosax into a room, close the door, and duke it out man to man. And two, it gives all of the characters, especially Arius and Argosax, a greater and more fullfilling purpose within the storyline.

As far as Dante's attitude, it'd irritate me to have to work in DMC2's script writing failures into the final story. Keep Dante as the same ol' Dante we know and love. Sex up the weapons. Sex up the fighting style. Jesus christ, sex up the music. Sex up the environments (As Lexy suggested). Take everything ****ty about DMC2 and leave it DRIPPING with AWESOME. Anyway, with that in mind, that's how I would retell DMC2. So essentially, this would not only make DMC2 way better, but it would take the seemingly pointless "monster-of-the-week" story of DMC4 and add a sense of granduer and purpose as well, uniting the two weakest Devil May Cry games (4 and 2) and giving them more to bring to the overall series's canon. Keep in mind, this is all accomplished, not by rewriting the story, but by retelling it in the context of the existing story. In the end, the current games kind of already tell this story, although poorly and unstated. Anyway, that's how I'd do it.

Side-note, I might be one of the only ones who didn't mind Nero's backstory not being expanded upon. I was really ticked off at first, additionally with the fact that Vergil didn't resurface in DMC4, but I think all of these questions would be better answered in another game. With the addition that Nero is just a potential treasure trove full of possible script ideas, the most important thing that needed to happen in DMC4, is the introduction of Nero into the series canon, and his encounter with Dante, which was definitely accomplished. As far as Nero's non-involvement in DMC2, I think Nero would leap at the opportunity to join Dante and the Devil May Cry to fight demons. But having fought demons his entire life, i feel that Dante would reject Nero's offer, in hopes that Nero and Kyrie can have a normal life (La Vita Nuova) without strife or conflict. This of course sets up a unique character dynamic between Nero and Dante. Thus, when Dante goes missing and is trapped in the Underworld, with the addition of Dante's eventual return, I feel like there's endless story possiblities to further flesh out the interesting and strained relationship Dante and Nero would realistically have. But now I'm getting way off topic ...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
As far as Dante's attitude, it'd irritate me to have to work in DMC2's script writing failures into the final story. Keep Dante as the same ol' Dante we know and love. Sex up the weapons. Sex up the fighting style. Jesus christ, sex up the music. Sex up the environments (As Lexy suggested). Take everything ****ty about DMC2 and leave it DRIPPING with AWESOME. Anyway, with that in mind, that's how I would retell DMC2. So essentially, this would not only make DMC2 way better, but it would take the seemingly pointless "monster-of-the-week" story of DMC4 and add a sense of granduer and purpose as well, uniting the two weakest Devil May Cry games (4 and 2) and giving them more to bring to the overall series's canon. Keep in mind, this is all accomplished, not by rewriting the story, but by retelling it in the context of the existing story. In the end, the current games kind of already tell this story, although poorly and unstated. Anyway, that's how I'd do it.

This was the thing I was curious about. When you mean "The 'ol Dante we know and love", which Dante were you refering to? If you meant DMC3 Dante, that would seem odd for a fourty year old man to act as if he was still young. I would have prefered DMC1 Dante since he was mature but could crack a joke every now and then. The weapons definetely could have been better. The gameplay was fine as it was, but just make it faster and add more attack combos. The music was one of the things I got bored of quickly so yeah that could have been improved. The enviorments were supose to be dark and twisted so they were fine the way they were. I don't want back tracking DMC4 world cause that could get annoying.

KtWtWiS43

This was the thing I was curious about. When you mean "The 'ol Dante we know and love", which Dante were you refering to? If you meant DMC3 Dante, that would seem odd for a fourty year old man to act as if he was still young. I would have prefered DMC1 Dante since he was mature but could crack a joke every now and then. The weapons definetely could have been better. The gameplay was fine as it was, but just make it faster and add more attack combos. The music was one of the things I got bored of quickly so yeah that could have been improved. The enviorments were supose to be dark and twisted so they were fine the way they were. I don't want back tracking DMC4 world cause that could get annoying.
Absolutely I meant DMC1 Dante. I just kind of assume everyone thinks of him as the Dante "we know and love," but I probably should've been a little more clear, ha

DevilsAdvocate1234

Absolutely I meant DMC1 Dante. I just kind of assume everyone thinks of him as the Dante "we know and love," but I probably should've been a little more clear, ha

Well technically it's the same Dante considering he becomes our typical Devil May Cry 1 Dante at the end of 3. After 3 I'd want him to be done acting like a young joker and more like a mature fast-talker. That's what kind of bothered me about 4 Dante. Anyway...fanboyness...

Top Bottom