• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC - What We know so far

Dante47

Ima just put this here since there doesn't seem to be a DmC question thingy, and I'm not sure it's necessary to start one, but does anybody know if there are subliminal messages in this game?...
I'm not sure. I haven't seen any yet, but I'll keep my eye out. What did you have in mind for subliminal?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Conclusion: utter ****.
Waiting for DMC5, not DmC.

paul-revere-facepalm-16781-1307288698-1.jpg

Look sir/madam, If you DON'T like DmC and you WANT DMC5, then DON'T come here and complain about it. Honestly, show some tact.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

Sorry. I recently got into this thing where this guy had a problem with me, because I liked the DmC more then the original series, so I'm a bit...agitated with random hate.
lol dont worry you'll get used to it :) and btw i like the new DmC more then the others.....i think this game will be so epic in alots of ways that DMC couldnt be...:)

Zargus

Do you know how to install true FEAR?!
Premium
lol dont worry you'll get used to it :) and btw i like the new DmC more then the others.....i think this game will be so epic in alots of ways that DMC couldnt be...:)

Which is one reason I am worried to be honest.

I am in no means a troll at all but I just want to say my Two cents. I have to say that the game to me now looks interesting concept wise but some elements could have been done better like the DT imo and the rankings in combat (Come one S always has to mean Stylish in my eyes for any DMC game including DmC). When I heard that it was going to use UR3 engine which uses 30 fps I was worried that the combat would be slow and sluggish instead of fast, flowing and furious like the previous DMC games that used 60 fps. I am not sure if a Game play video has been released but if it has I can finally see what it is like. Also if they have changed it then I do not need to worry about it.

Anyway the reason I am worried is because this game can only go two ways. 1) It goes extremely well and my main worries are put to rest but will then worry that because DmC has done so well that Capcom will put DMC 5 on the shelf and concentration on the DmC games instead of possibly doing both DmC 2 and DMC 5 (Since DmC is a reboot but has no influence on DMC, DMC 2, DMC 3 and DMC 4 as DmC is in an Alternate Universe) 2) The game can do really badly and flop causing Capcom to think that the DMC Franchise is no longer making any money for Capcom and put both DMC and DmC on the shelf. These are my main concerns. Even if the game does alright Capcom might decide to go with what I am fearing and put it on the shelf completely as well.

Also Capcom have said that they expect DmC to sell 2 million copies by the end of the year (If it is Jan 2013 for the release date) to me that is not many copies sold in a year for a game to be honest when games like CoD MW3 for example sold 6.5 million in one day in the US and UK alone. I understand that the fan bases are completely different from each other but 2 million copies in a year (That is roughly 166,667 copies a month) to me does not seem that much and will probably mean that the game will flop and my second worry might come true.

Just my two cents on DmC and what I know so far.

Zargus

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

Which is one reason I am worried to be honest.

I am in no means a troll at all but I just want to say my Two cents. I have to say that the game to me now looks interesting concept wise but some elements could have been done better like the DT imo and the rankings in combat (Come one S always has to mean Stylish in my eyes for any DMC game including DmC). When I heard that it was going to use UR3 engine which uses 30 fps I was worried that the combat would be slow and sluggish instead of fast, flowing and furious like the previous DMC games that used 60 fps. I am not sure if a Game play video has been released but if it has I can finally see what it is like. Also if they have changed it then I do not need to worry about it.

Anyway the reason I am worried is because this game can only go two ways. 1) It goes extremely well and my main worries are put to rest but will then worry that because DmC has done so well that Capcom will put DMC 5 on the shelf and concentration on the DmC games instead of possibly doing both DmC 2 and DMC 5 (Since DmC is a reboot but has no influence on DMC, DMC 2, DMC 3 and DMC 4 as DmC is in an Alternate Universe) 2) The game can do really badly and flop causing Capcom to think that the DMC Franchise is no longer making any money for Capcom and put both DMC and DmC on the shelf. These are my main concerns. Even if the game does alright Capcom might decide to go with what I am fearing and put it on the shelf completely as well.

Also Capcom have said that they expect DmC to sell 2 million copies by the end of the year (If it is Jan 2013 for the release date) to me that is not many copies sold in a year for a game to be honest when games like CoD MW3 for example sold 6.5 million in one day in the US and UK alone. I understand that the fan bases are completely different from each other but 2 million copies in a year (That is roughly 166,667 copies a month) to me does not seem that much and will probably mean that the game will flop and my second worry might come true.

Just my two cents on DmC and what I know so far.

Zargus

well i respect your opinion....but first of all to me i think that the DMC story was to complicated but with the DmC its a new start and the story will be more clear....so i'd like them to continue with the DmC all the way.....and second they dont know for sure if it will sell 2 m....it will be much higher.....and you'v got to consider that DMC is not as much popular as MW3 and all the big games....as much as we like it to be....:) but where getting there and DmC has brought new fans that didnt know it existed....so sooner or later it will be as big as all the big games out there im sure of it....we just have to wait and see :)

Zargus

Premium
well i respect your opinion....but first of all to me i think that the DMC story was to complicated but with the DmC its a new start and the story will be more clear....so i'd like them to continue with the DmC all the way.....and second they dont know for sure if it will sell 2 m....it will be much higher.....and you'v got to consider that DMC is not as much popular as MW3 and all the big games....as much as we like it to be....:) but where getting there and DmC has brought new fans that didnt know it existed....so sooner or later it will be as big as all the big games out there im sure of it....we just have to wait and see :)

To me I understood the DMC Story (They just mixed up the order) and Capcom did say they expect it to sell 2 million copies by the end of the year here is the link but it is a target:

http://andriasang.com/con0zg/capcom_sales_targets/

And I did say that DMC fans and CoD fans are different but you can understand my worries. As I said 2 million does not seem a lot to say RE 6 which has 7 million as a target but will probably sell lots more. But if DmC sold 2 million in say the first month then I might not worry so much but would worry that DMC 5 would be put on the shelf.

Zargus (Just to make sure demon general was right lol :p)

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

To me I understood the DMC Story (They just mixed up the order) and Capcom did say they expect it to sell 2 million copies by the end of the year here is the link but it is a target:

http://andriasang.com/con0zg/capcom_sales_targets/

And I did say that DMC fans and CoD fans are different but you can understand my worries. As I said 2 million does not seem a lot to say RE 6 which has 7 million as a target but will probably sell lots more. But if DmC sold 2 million in say the first month then I might not worry so much but would worry that DMC 5 would be put on the shelf.

Zargus (Just to make sure demon general know lol :p)

i know they said that they expect to sell 2 m but how the hell would they know.....and if they had put much effort on DMC other than RE then it would have destroyed all the rest games...:)

Zargus

Premium
i know they said that they expect to sell 2 m but how the hell would they know.....and if they had put much effort on DMC other than RE then it would have destroyed all the rest games...:)

Well they seem to be the sales targets for the year. Capcom are looking for a 2012 release for DmC (The game was finished April this year apparently) So 2 million in say 6 months or less would look better to be honest. And they must have to make sales targets as a rough estimate. DMC 4 sold 3 million in its first year (or there about) so it seems like a safe estimate though some people think 1.5 million is safer but a lot of review sites have NT as their favorite western developer so maybe that is why they put it at 2 million copies because it is NT and they will get favorable reviews.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

Well they seem to be the sales targets for the year. Capcom are looking for a 2012 release for DmC (The game was finished April this year apparently) So 2 million in say 6 months or less would look better to be honest. And they must have to make sales targets as a rough estimate. DMC 4 sold 3 million in its first year (or there about) so it seems like a safe estimate though some people think 1.5 million is safer but a lot of review sites have NT as their favorite western developer so maybe that is why they put it at 2 million copies because it is NT and they will get favorable reviews.
maybe so....but we just have to wait and see....but as for me i can see DmC selling more than any of the DMC games.....at leatst that's what i think :)......so lets return to the topic shall we :D

Top Bottom