• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Vergil's Downfall PC Achievements

chocolatepanda

He tested his new weapon. It's really not that bad.

There's plenty of ways to test out a weapon without beating up a corpse. That in now way shape or form shows honor.

But he walks around in broad daylight with Dante who sticks out like a sore thumb.

Not everything is completely monitored in the human realm. They use cams for that and just because he's with Dante doesnt mean he's automatically a nephilim.

But that's exactly what he did.
So he went around killing demons in limbo with Dante?

Slacri

There's plenty of ways to test out a weapon without beating up a corpse. That in now way shape or form shows honor.
Beowulf was a tough demon and he was the best way to try it out.

Not everything is completely monitored in the human realm. They use cams for that and just because he's with Dante doesnt mean he's automatically a nephilim.
What? They make a point to say that Mundus has control of the media and has all this surveillance technology and is watching everything. Him walking around with Dante makes him a target.

So he went around killing demons in limbo with Dante?
He walked around, without a mask in broad daylight with a guy that the media had painted as some huge terrorist. He wasn't exactly being subtle here. The weird thing is how Dante walks by people and nobody even reacts. If you saw some guy walking around with Hitler or Osama Bin Laden, wouldn't you be a bit suspicious?

chocolatepanda

Beowulf was a tough demon and he was the best way to try it out.
Soooo where did his honor go?

What? They make a point to say that Mundus has control of the media and has all this surveillance technology and is watching everything. Him walking around with Dante makes him a target.

Exactly human realm surveillance tech which means there are always blind spots. If he could indeed see everything all the time then Dante would never be get out of limbo since he would be dragged back as soon as he gets out. When he said he watches everything that means he's watching the important key areas, i mean seriously think about it if he was really watchin everything he would've know about Virgil already and both him and Dante would've been killed a long time ago.

He walked around, without a mask in broad daylight with a guy that the media had painted as some huge terrorist. He wasn't exactly being subtle here. The weird thing is how Dante walks by people and nobody even reacts. If you saw some guy walking around with Hitler or Osama Bin Laden, wouldn't you be a bit suspicious?

Was he in a big crowd of people when this happened? I've only seen that one scene where they're at the playground with nobody else around.

Slacri

Soooo where did his honor go?
Nowhere? That wasn't such a dishonorable scene and he had an honor in the way he did battle mainly. Not in his ethics.

Exactly human realm surveillance tech which means there are always blind spots.
Vergil is walking around casually in the city with a known terrorist in broad daylight. Kat and Dante just waltz into the demon drink headquarters without getting noticed until they're deep into the facility. Even though there are tons of people there that know what Dante looks like and believe he's a terrorist. These are hardly blind spots, this is no surveillance at all.
If he could indeed see everything all the time then Dante would never be get out of limbo since he would be dragged back as soon as he gets out. When he said he watches everything that means he's watching the important key areas, i mean seriously think about it if he was really watchin everything he would've know about Virgil already and both him and Dante would've been killed a long time ago.
How is the drinking facility not key?

Was he in a big crowd of people when this happened? I've only seen that one scene where they're at the playground with nobody else around.
No, but he's not exactly being subtle about it. Any random person could turn the corner and see him. It's like Batman strolling across Gotham in the Batsuit but without the cowl.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
No, but he's not exactly being subtle about it. Any random person could turn the corner and see him. It's like Batman strolling across Gotham in the Batsuit but without the cowl.
The do get spotted by a demon collaborator, but he didn't last very long:p I guess for other instances, it could be like that extra on the Raptor news site where if people see Dante, they are too scared to approach so they ring Raptor news with his location. It's not like a regular human would want to approach a guy whom they think is a terrorist.
For the factory part, I'd say wave it away as plot exposition for Kat and her nightmares, plus trust forming with Dante.

Slacri

The do get spotted by a demon collaborator, but he didn't last very long:p I guess for other instances, it could be like that extra on the Raptor news site where if people see Dante, they are too scared to approach so they ring Raptor news with his location. It's not like a regular human would want to approach a guy whom they think is a terrorist.
Yeah but this never happens.
For the factory part, I'd say wave it away as plot exposition for Kat and her nightmares, plus trust forming with Dante.
But that's kind of a lazy way to do exposition and kind of destroys the whole "demons are watching everything" paranoia the game tries to play up. It's not as bad as Vergil walking down a hall-way giving exposition to Dante with graffiti behind them that follows Vergil's story completely though.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yeah but this never happens.

But that's kind of a lazy way to do exposition and kind of destroys the whole "demons are watching everything" paranoia the game tries to play up. It's not as bad as Vergil walking down a hall-way giving exposition to Dante with graffiti behind them that follows Vergil's story completely though.
It happened, it's in the game and it's final. Nothing to be done, but sit back, shut up and watch the pretty pictures with the talking. ^_^
The grafiti was more for an artistic touch. I thought it was kinda neat. I like to imagine it was Limbo reacting to him or something like that. Especially the image of Mundus with his head popped open. :lol:

Slacri

It happened, it's in the game and it's final. Nothing to be done, but sit back, shut up and watch the pretty pictures with the talking. ^_^
I mean a human citizen seeing Dante and not reporting it, or even if it does it has no shown affect.
The grafiti was more for an artistic touch. I thought it was kinda neat. I like to imagine it was Limbo reacting to him or something like that. Especially the image of Mundus with his head popped open. :lol:
Felt a bit hamfisted to me. I don't know, it doesn't really make much sense that Limbo is helping Vergil play storyteller here.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I mean a human citizen seeing Dante and not reporting it, or even if it does it has no shown affect.

Felt a bit hamfisted to me. I don't know, it doesn't really make much sense that Limbo is helping Vergil play storyteller here.
Dante moves around quite a bit? It's only recently that he's out of prison, so would they be able to find him so quickly? Granted Limbo is supposed to be like a living entity, but even it might have trouble tracking him amongst the many humans. I guess Dante would have to **** it off or be openly called out by the humans for him to be noticed.That seems to be how it works in the game like this:
Dante takes hookers home sent to track him- Limbo
Kat sends him over at the old house.
Noticed by demon collaborator-Limbo
Dante smacks drink out of hand- Limbo.
Kat sends him into Limbo for the factory level.
Then after killing Bob, he's still in Limbo from when Kat sent him there, until Vergil gets him out after the Order HQ disaster.
Dante gets called out at the club-Limbo.
Mundus unleashes Limbo or something after the exchange? No idea what's going on with the time slowing down.
Dante coming to attack Silver sacs tower and Mundus- Limbo protects
That seems to be it till the end of the game where Limbo merges with the human world.

chocolatepanda

Nowhere? That wasn't such a dishonorable scene and he had an honor in the way he did battle mainly. Not in his ethics.
Tell me what is dishonorable? Give an example.

Vergil is walking around casually in the city with a known terrorist in broad daylight. Kat and Dante just waltz into the demon drink headquarters without getting noticed until they're deep into the facility. Even though there are tons of people there that know what Dante looks like and believe he's a terrorist. These are hardly blind spots, this is no surveillance at all.
What are normal people gonna do? I doubt they remembered what he looked like(even though he does stand out) and fear is a factor too, if you called out a terrorist who seems to bein rampaging around the city are you really gonna call him out to start something? How he got in the V Factory is a mystery to me since i havent watched that part. And just being out in broad daylight without anyone to see you doesnt mean a thing.

Slacri

Dante moves around quite a bit? It's only recently that he's out of prison, so would they be able to find him so quickly?
How would he even get out of prison if its something that Mundus controls?
Granted Limbo is supposed to be like a living entity, but even it might have trouble tracking him amongst the many humans. I guess Dante would have to **** it off or be openly called out by the humans for him to be noticed.That seems to be how it works in the game like this:
Then after killing Bob, he's still in Limbo from when Kat sent him there, until Vergil gets him out after the Order HQ disaster.
Mundus unleashes Limbo or something after the exchange? No idea what's going on with the time slowing down.
That seems to be it till the end of the game where Limbo merges with the human world.
Well I'm not doubting him that demons track him down at points, even though the points where he's walking around in broad daylight fine really break that tension I'm saying that no human civilian ever noticed Dante. The only people that did are demons and people who worked directly for demons.

Slacri

Tell me what is dishonorable? Give an example.
Shooting a pregnant demon in the back after tricking her from a mile away with a rifle.

What are normal people gonna do? I doubt they remembered what he looked like(even though he does stand out)
What? According to the game he was made out to be some mega-terrorist by every media ever. I'd recognize Osama Bin Laden or Hitler if I saw him on the street. The fact that Dante stands out makes it even worse. [quoteand fear is a factor too, if you called out a terrorist who seems to bein rampaging around the city are you really gonna call him out to start something? [/quote] I'm not saying people would run up to him and shout at him that he's a terrorist. But nobody seems to care about it at all or even act afraid. They casually walk by him like he's another guy and nobody ever reports him.
How he got in the V Factory is a mystery to me since i havent watched that part. And just being out in broad daylight without anyone to see you doesnt mean a thing.
It kind of shows how careless Vergil is.

AlchemistFromEden

Dante moves around quite a bit? It's only recently that he's out of prison, so would they be able to find him so quickly? Granted Limbo is supposed to be like a living entity, but even it might have trouble tracking him amongst the many humans. I guess Dante would have to **** it off or be openly called out by the humans for him to be noticed.That seems to be how it works in the game like this:
dude don't bother, slacri is one of the antis who is here for the sole purpose of bitching and is trying to disguise it by calling opinion and is dedicated to making everything positive about this game seem negative or less great than it actually is and chances are he probably doesn't even own it and bases most of his opinions like most the antis on a nine month old build demo or by watching playthroughs on youtube

Top Bottom