• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Vergil's Downfall PC Achievements

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
hey i just beat hell and hell and it unlocks some concept art of enemies. normally this wouldnt be a big deal at all but none of the enemies appear in game, however some we have already seen but in Vergils Downfall such as the behemoth demon. so this makes me think some of these enemieswill be in VD as well.
Note: one of the enemies in particular looked sooooo cool it looked an angel from Evangelion O.O
Yeah there are alot of great enemies that they didn't use but damn it I wish they would've!
Alot of them look cooler than the ones in the game.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
You pretty much hite the mark. Thanks for explaining.

Now, if we're continuing on with Vergil's personality, can we make a clear distinction between who he was intended to be in DMC 1 versus what he was in DMC 3? I think that can get rid of the whole "honor" issue.
I would think when he was first introduced in DMC 1 Capcom likely had no idea who he actually was other than Dante's fallen brother. I think storyline in that game was not an issue and may have been more of an afterthought. In the actual game, there is very little of it in there and what is there is very generic and basic. Not saying that's bad, because gameplay was the main focus and making a cool main character to hook people in. I think after the massive success is when they actually started giving thought to Vergil's actual persona.

In my opinion, DMC1 Vergil was just a cool recurring boss character and DMC3 Vergil is their actual intention for the character's personality since plot was a factor in that game. We as fans can't let ourselves get too caught up in timelines and character arcs in the series when the actual developers were not really too worried about it in the first place.

Railazel

I would think when he was first introduced in DMC 1 Capcom likely had no idea who he actually was other than Dante's fallen brother. I think storyline in that game was not an issue and may have been more of an afterthought. In the actual game, there is very little of it in there and what is there is very generic and basic. Not saying that's bad, because gameplay was the main focus and making a cool main character to hook people in. I think after the massive success is when they actually started giving thought to Vergil's actual persona.

In my opinion, DMC1 Vergil was just a cool recurring boss character and DMC3 Vergil is their actual intention for the character's personality since plot was a factor in that game. We as fans can't let ourselves get too caught up in timelines and character arcs in the series when the actual developers were not really too worried about it in the first place.

That's a good point to make which is why I'm under the belief that each DMC after 1 was a "reboot." If we take DMC 3 as a reboot of DMC 1, then the differences between Vergil's character in both games makes a lot more sense.

crush

I would love to see the Onyx in action.
Iron maiden heads made out of dark steel is plain badass evil.

Top Bottom