• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

Ana

another theory is that dante found out the one controlling the city is his own father....lol

That... would be so cliche it would be epic. It would be, like, such a trolling of the fans. The internet would implode.

HateU

Le bystander
That... would be so cliche it would be epic. It would be, like, such a trolling of the fans. The internet would implode.
The new game itself is more cliche than the old ones. My cringe meter went up higher for this game than it did for dmc 4.

CameronMacquarrie

I think this is a total reboot of the story, I see peoples comments implying that this is just a prequel or hoping there's some relation to the previous games & characters but I'm pretty sure it's going to take on a whole new story.

I watched the trailer and I feel like there's a message or view behind the game. This view's obvious at first when looking at the quotes at the beginning of the main trailer, such as 'do not accept the world as it is' but then I think dante, judging from him smoking and dressing uniquely is clearly a rebel. It's only when a camera (which turns into a demon that has to be killed in order to progress) spots dante that problems are created for him. I'm guessing the view is that the camera represents society/'the system' and dantes image and attitude doesn't go along with societies rules. Another point towards this is that the main enemies you see dante fighting are all more or less identical and faceless and have no feeling towards their actions, which could be a metaphor of people following 'the system'

I hope whoever reads this get's the point I'm making. :)

OniLink

Hero of Time
I agree to this but has anyone heard any clues as to who the woman Dante was walking with is. Could she be Lady rebooted

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I agree to this but has anyone heard any clues as to who the woman Dante was walking with is. Could she be Lady rebooted
She could be. She could also be Trish or Lucia, or she could be a compleatly new charicter. She could even be the rebooted Vergil. (Stranger changes have been made in alternate universes.)

Railazel

I think this is a total reboot of the story, I see peoples comments implying that this is just a prequel or hoping there's some relation to the previous games & characters but I'm pretty sure it's going to take on a whole new story.

I watched the trailer and I feel like there's a message or view behind the game. This view's obvious at first when looking at the quotes at the beginning of the main trailer, such as 'do not accept the world as it is' but then I think dante, judging from him smoking and dressing uniquely is clearly a rebel. It's only when a camera (which turns into a demon that has to be killed in order to progress) spots dante that problems are created for him. I'm guessing the view is that the camera represents society/'the system' and dantes image and attitude doesn't go along with societies rules. Another point towards this is that the main enemies you see dante fighting are all more or less identical and faceless and have no feeling towards their actions, which could be a metaphor of people following 'the system'

I hope whoever reads this get's the point I'm making. :)

You're kind of late to the party.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Theories?....
I think NT is hiding something from us...

images

Evil plots, anyone?... :lol:

CameronMacquarrie

You're kind of late to the party.

I see why you'd say that, but I've had that view since the trailer came out and the only thing I'm late to are these forums :') should have joined sooner, I hardly know any Devil may cry fans around my area. I hate that lemmings play things like COD instead of unappreciated games like these.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Here's what Dante looks like to me. Check this out;
HarryPotterandtheOrderofthePhoenix-Still11.jpg
Harry's hair (Slightly looks like new Dante's hair) in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Nero.jpg
A fusion of Nero

Izaya2-206x300.png
Add a little Izaya from the light novel and anime Durarara!! (Both him and Nero voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch)

And 1 2 3; He somehow comes out!

DmC: Devil May Cry
Render_Dante_DMC.png

Brittlechips

My thought it since this is a prequel to the other games.. it cant be Dante's son... hes so young in dmc3 (which is actually first in the series) and then look at how old he is in dmc4 and how old nero is who is said to be vergils son... if it is a prequel and this new character is dantes son... dante would be old from the very first game and not so young. Also he is wearing the amulet that his father gave to his mother and his.mother gave the two halves to him and vergil. Thats my thought...

So my theory on the game is that this is infact Dante. But. It is before he gets his demonic hair and this game is the game in the series that shows how he gets his demonic hair.
Also i was thinking that it mght show more background on his childhood and how he watched his mother die.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So basically if the new girl could be one of the old female leads, how would you like to see them?

Lady/berryl/patty or trish/lucia.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
My thought it since this is a prequel to the other games.. it cant be Dante's son... hes so young in dmc3 (which is actually first in the series) and then look at how old he is in dmc4 and how old nero is who is said to be vergils son... if it is a prequel and this new character is dantes son... dante would be old from the very first game and not so young. Also he is wearing the amulet that his father gave to his mother and his.mother gave the two halves to him and vergil. Thats my thought...

So my theory on the game is that this is infact Dante. But. It is before he gets his demonic hair and this game is the game in the series that shows how he gets his demonic hair.
Also i was thinking that it mght show more background on his childhood and how he watched his mother die.
DmC is not a prequel to the previous games. It is set in an alternate universe with no connection to the original storyline. DmC Dante is the DmC universe's version of Dante.

Brittlechips

DmC is not a prequel to the previous games. It is set in an alternate universe with no connection to the original storyline. DmC Dante is the DmC universe's version of Dante.

Well I think that is just the dumbest thing. yes I am excited for a new DmC but, I really wanted a continuation of the story.. not some alternate game that might just confuse people. Like seriously.. dont mess with a loved game.. ya know what I mean?

and also I read some where that it is a prequel and this is just Dante going through a rough emo stage from watching his mother die... I forget where I read it though

Railazel

Now that I think about it, you guys don't think they are bringing back Patty from the anime, do you? The new female's name did sound like "Pat" when Dante called it.

Top Bottom