• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

Asmodaius

i tell it how see it dude.
devil may cry aside i had fun arguing with u about it

Just please try not to make it sound like that your opinion is fact. Not unless you at least can show some proof to back it up with. That's all I ask.

Anyways, this thread is about fan-theories, so let's get back on track. :p

Bubbarocks07

i said facets OR SMART COMMENTS i cant tell u who tolled me u know that. if u want proof compare the number of of positive comment with the number of likes on videos and u'll see it and its smart if u think about it i never saw a youtube video with dislikes like the first DmC trailer, that could effect ppl Opinions(most ppl will go with the flow human Nature).
for the record i never said its going to be a bad game i cant make a judgment not until its out(im not going to buy it) im saying its not devil may cry. now what i really want to know how can u say its going to be a great game u didnt play it we just watched trailers so far and i got to say im not seeing any thing i like about it even if its not called devilmaycry it looks like the combat system from HS(i didnt like it played for an hour) the graphics are ok not great the the new dantes personalty didnt appeal to me (a GAIN even if he wasnt called dante) OH and it runs at 30 fps(any good hack and slash game needs more than that) the game is ok at best from what i saw if anything its a step backwards
btw you it's told not tolled

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
i dont think they need to,and u know it, there's a lot of hate for this game,and not many ppl like it, so it must be the other way around
most of the hate comes from the dmc community. From what i've seen its seems like a split decision.
and i was just being sarcastic with the previous comment because i dont think NT is paying people to like their videos at all

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
I think Platinum games is paying people to dislike DmC youtube videos

I highly doubt any company is paying anyone to like or dislike a game. Never happened in the history of game development and I don't think it ever will.

First off, no company could afford to do so. And even if they could, it's a stupid move.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
I have a theory of my own.
It is quite far-fetched but let's just think for a moment about it.
Now i have no problem with this version of Dante.
I still do prefer old Dante but then again they could be the same one.

My theory is that this is indeed the Dante we all know and love just younger.
He does not know who he is and is trying to find out.
A portal to the demon world has opened and demons are roaming free and Dante notices that he has gained some slight strengh and believes that the demons have something to do with his memory loss so he starts killing them. (Sounds stupid, i know)
However, a government of some sort thinks Dante is aligned with the demons and they capture him to question him.

So far that's all i got for my theory.
I'll work on it as we know more about the game.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I have a theory of my own, it is quite far fetched but let's just think for a moment about it.
Now i have no problem with this version of Dante, i still do prefer old Dante but then again they could be the same one.

My theory is that this is indeed the Dante we all know and love just younger.
He does not know who he is and is trying to find out.
A portal to the demon world has opened and demons are roaming free, and Dante notices that he has gained some slight strengh and believes that the demons have something to do with his memory loss so he starts killing them. (Sounds stupid, i know)
why does that sound stupid? He had to notice he was different somehow, or was he born with 2 pistols and giant sword at birth. If thats true, only an angel could have pushed so much equipment out of her womb.
From what u said, i think it sounds interesting, we get to pop Dante's demon slaying cherry.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Sorry but this is not a prequel.

Its just impossible at the point for obvious reasons *cough* Part Angel *cough*.

Also the fact that Capcom and NT have said many times that this game takes place in its own universe and not the DMC canon.

Asmodaius

Sorry but this is not a prequel.

Its just impossible at the point for obvious reasons *cough* Part Angel *cough*.

Also the fact that Capcom and NT have said many times that this game takes place in its own universe and not the DMC canon.

I agree. It's not a prequal, it's a reboot. An alternative take on Dante's origin and character.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Do i care what you or others think? No.
Why? Because i am Lord Ganon, a free spirit.

Asmodaius

Well i really don't care what you think now do i?

It's not that much about opinions or what others think, but what is fact and what's not.
And so far, from everything we've been told and what we've seen, it's not a prequal to the original series.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
I am not saying that it is a prequel, i'm saying that i believe it is.
Now i can see why you would think otherwise, and i understand why you think it is not, but there is still a small chance that it could be.
Do i really want it to be? Not exactly.
Do i care if it is? (Not saying it is) Not exactly.
It is their series and they could do whatever they want with it, just because they say something does not mean that they can't turn around and change it.
But i respect your opinion because i can see why you think that.
Same goes for anyone else that thinks that.

Top Bottom