• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
Storm Silves;296568 said:
But Nero isn't Vergil's son. Whoever said that didn't have a clue what he was talking about. For Nero to be Vergil's son... Well, Vergil is 18 in DMC3 and I highly doubt he had a child then, and I also highly doubt he had a child while corrupted as Nelo Angelo.

But that's totally off topic.

i don't know how it works out either, but series creator Hideki Kamiya tweeted shortly after the fuss over DmC, nero is in fact vergil's son. don't ask me, ask him. i'm just relaying the information i've been given by his twitter page. and as for the above statement, he wasn't saying you said he was vergil's son, i said it 'cause that's what Hideki Kamiya's twitter page says.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It isn't possible for Nero to be his son, unless they retcon a LOT of stuff.

It's true what they say. DMC can't hang onto a decent story to save it's life.

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
Storm Silves;296676 said:
It isn't possible for Nero to be his son, unless they retcon a LOT of stuff.

It's true what they say. DMC can't hang onto a decent story to save it's life.

they really can't. lol i think the series was created by a bunch of spastic idiot geniuses who get bored with their own creation too quickly. lol but that's what they said. he's vergil's son according to the creator. but they may retcon that comment later in light of a different idea. like one that works with the timeline. lol

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crimson Chaos;296679 said:
they really can't. lol i think the series was created by a bunch of spastic idiot geniuses who get bored with their own creation too quickly. lol but that's what they said. he's vergil's son according to the creator. but they may retcon that comment later in light of a different idea. like one that works with the timeline. lol

Can you show proof of this twitter comment?

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
Sparda's rejected son;296688 said:
Can you show proof of this twitter comment?

i'll see if i can jump on my moms laptop tomorrow and track it down. my ps3 is being.... i guess the best way i can put it without getting in trouble would be my ps3 is being stupid and won't load half of my pages right. i'll post it when i first jump on tomorrow.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crimson Chaos;296692 said:
i'll see if i can jump on my moms laptop tomorrow and track it down. my ps3 is being.... i guess the best way i can put it without getting in trouble would be my ps3 is being stupid and won't load half of my pages right. i'll post it when i first jump on tomorrow.

Cool le o!:)

Crimson Chaos

chaos breeds within
Sparda's rejected son;296695 said:
Cool le o!:)

i would do it tonight but honestly, i don't wanna have to listen to my mother when she gets home in five minutes and says "why are you on my laptop without me being here?" yeah, she's a bit insane about that old piece of junk.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crimson Chaos;296699 said:
i would do it tonight but honestly, i don't wanna have to listen to my mother when she gets home in five minutes and says "why are you on my laptop without me being here?" yeah, she's a bit insane about that old piece of junk.

Don't trip dude, its cool no rush. Handle your business. :)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ooooh! I got a few new theories!

1. It could be about Dante messing around and these people wanting to track him down, but they know him as Tony. Which is why he tells them his name is Dante. I mean considering Eva did tell him to hide and never come out, maybe he had to tell the truth to save his butt?

2. The guy in the trailer is Vergil causing havoc around town, and claims himself to be Dante. So when these guys hunt him down, they end up dragging an innocent Dante into undeserved punishment. Cos yeah, I recon Vergil can be a bastard like that, and it fits in with the quote from NT that Dante is betrayed by a relative/someone close to him (I can't remember which was the right wording). Plus I can see Vergil smoking. That would make smoking cool. Because Vergil. is. cool. Get it?

XDDDDD

And I think VB is going to kill me for my second theory.

prishank799

Master Vergil;274033 said:
Here's another theory - maybe Dante is the one behind the glass interrogating this guy? I mean who says this dude is the good guy? Just because he slaughtered a couple of demons? So did the Order of the Sword, but they were all on the darkside.

To quote VB's quote:

Fans are limited to know only a few things about games beforehand. I'm hoping this guy was telling the truth and that Dante IS in there - the younger Dante, you know? I mean this new guy is called Dante. Dante called himself Tony when he was younger. And they say "a much younger Dante". 1 - the guy in the trailer does NOT look younger than the Dante in DMC3. I'm hoping they're hunting buddies - or maybe he's the guy who got Dante to consider opening his business in the first place? Plus, if Rebellion is being flashed around a bit more - I really don't care what anyone says, that whip the guy was swinging around was NOT the friggin Rebellion, and by all means if it really was Dante then they would have put the actual sword in the trailer.

Anyway. I believe that the real Dante will be in the game. :D Hope, I haz it :D :D

Your theory is plausible too. Maybe the Dante we all know adapted his name from this "Dante" as a, Idk, a tribute or somethin' for his friend possibly? After all, the old Dante's old name was Tony. Why'd he change it to Dante?
And - this one's really crazy - I read somewhere the phrase '...the abandoned son of Sparda...'. I did not read the whole thing but the phrase got me thinking. What if this new Dante is a third son of Sparda? I hope he isn't but the possibility is there. But we won't know until the game releases, eh?

prishank799

Btw, were Dante and Vergil already born when Sparda fought with Mundus? How many years ago was that? How old would that make the brothers?

Bloodfire

Order Of War
Hello everyone, I'm knew to this forum so please don't be cruel for my bad English :D

Actually, I think that the new look of Dante is catastrophic because of the such bad appearance. The video games that studio Ninja Theory makes are a good games, but not worthy of a cost. If you watch how many copies of their games were bought, you would see.

I think that we've used to like the previous Dante because of his style, that you've couldn't find in any other video games. After all, the God of War firstly was inspired by the original DMC of 2001. And I start to think that new appearance is inspired by damned "Twilight" saga, which looks to me like a slurpy fairy-tale for little girls.

In my case, I think that new DMC should've been added some of the God of War mechanics like QTE when you're finishing bosses. The DMC4 actually wasn't so headbanging like DMC3. So, thus goes the formula of ideal slasher. But that's only my opinion, and I don't think that it will actually happen.

fon

Crazy Chick
^I still won't ask why new Dante makes people think of Twilight (this comparison annoys the heck out of me), but a few of us actually rejoiced when QTE was disconfirmed. From what i've seen of GOW (never played it, just watched videos), QTE's are only used for a violent event in which Kratos does something/finishes off the enemy. (Please correct me if i'm wrong about that! ^^")

QTE's have never been in the DMC series before and for a game that calls for stylish fast-paced action, wouldn't have fit.

Bloodfire

Order Of War
fon;300901 said:
^I still won't ask why new Dante makes people think of Twilight (this comparison annoys the heck out of me), but a few of us actually rejoiced when QTE was disconfirmed. From what i've seen of GOW (never played it, just watched videos), QTE's are only used for a violent event in which Kratos does something/finishes off the enemy. (Please correct me if i'm wrong about that! ^^")

QTE's have never been in the DMC series before and for a game that calls for stylish fast-paced action, wouldn't have fit.

In some way you're right but not in capital, because idea was to add finishing events that could make the beating of the boss look more awesome. Although, I consider that it should be maybe on "Medium or Hard" level, because there are some crybabies who are don't want to play on hard levels.
And, by adding such, it would be also possible to make a secret ending, which would only occur if the player completes game on a toughest one. That would be very challenging.

P.S.: Pattinson is a #@#@#&&&^&^&! (You know what I meant %))

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If its a prequel, we will finally learn about about the events that led up to DMC3
if its a reboot, we will be on a similar path of dmc3 in which dante learned of things bigger than himself and awoke to justice.

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
I think that capcom knew they finished the original DMC storyline so now this is the real Dante but it is an alternate universe

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
which is cool
but I'm wondering if anyone ever thought that it could take place after DMC3 but before DMC1 since the government could abduct him soon after the events of DMC3 and start experimenting on him to combat the demons . The reason its a origin story is because Dante is trapped in a mental world based on his memories and they try and alter them to make him more complacent.

Meg

which is cool
but I'm wondering if anyone ever thought that it could take place after DMC3 but before DMC1 since the government could abduct him soon after the events of DMC3 and start experimenting on him to combat the demons . The reason its a origin story is because Dante is trapped in a mental world based on his memories and they try and alter them to make him more complacent.

But if this took place after DMC3 how would you explain such a shift in his character?

Top Bottom