• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC- So much cussing

AngelMode

^ My idea of 'Westernizing' a game was always just not using characters that look like Anime extras.

"More realistic" per say. Which involves a little bit of cussing here and there. But not as much as they are pushing it on all the trailers/gameplays I have seen. Hell, the only "nice" speech I've heard so far is when Vergil/masked dude talks.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
Hope at the end of this DmC game, it doesn't have as much swearing as this Limp Bizkit's song!!! Otherwise *facepalm*

Railazel

I only like it when it's unexpected. Like when the city said "F*ck you..." and when Dante wrote "F*ck you" on the guest list after punching that guy. But when it is done as much as it was in the Poison fight, I just start urking. It just isn't cool when overdone.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
As much as i don't like the too much cussing in this game,we should wait for the game release and the character development of New dante.Sure he maybe like that but as i said before,there will probably gonna be a huge character development that will change this dante's attitude and life.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Again, how do WE know there's gonna be a crap load of cussing? The scenes shown were scenes that had cussing in it, that doesn't mean the whole game is riddled with cussing.

crush

Wow! And only black people say **** at random? That was the most racist thing I've heard on this forum.

Actually cursing is pretty common now in games. Its an m rated game so buyers beware.

I must say that DmC is pretty bold though with having cursing in it's trailer but I think it stands out more because of it. You either love it or hate it.
My mom cusses more than this game so it hardly bothers me.

Umm...I must say I'm sorry. But I find characters in recent games and movies to be so...and I quite like them.
(I'm not saying that ALL(only) African-Americans characters or people do that, and do not expect them to do so.)
I'm only saying it's a quite rare for a dialogue, and find it fresh.

TyIquan_DmC

I find it kind of weird that everyone now has this set of morals regarding the language in this game. I personally find the cursing we've seen so far to actually fit the situations. Dante is young, unrefined, modern, hates his enemies with a strong passion, and more realistic. This type of thing is just what I'd expect.

It would be fine if he didn't curse, but I actually think the cursing here fits with the more mature story and setting. It isn't at all like something like Gears of War.

I think this is kind of being blown out of proportion.

AngelMode

I find it kind of weird that everyone now has this set of morals regarding the language in this game. I personally find the cursing we've seen so far to actually fit the situations. Dante is young, unrefined, modern, hates his enemies with a strong passion, and more realistic. This type of thing is just what I'd expect.

It would be fine if he didn't curse, but I actually think the cursing here fits with the more mature story and setting. It isn't at all like something like Gears of War.

It's not being blown out of proportion at all. It's probably a major topic for haters to hate but it's not that big of a deal. We all basically more or less agree on this and we do know that the language used in this game quite matches the ideas this game is trying to convey. But what I am afraid of is if they overuse it too much to the point where you will find it in any sort of situation throughout the game. On the flip side, I'm quite confident that this won't be the case, it's mostly there for dark humor and to "cover up" those cheesy scenes whenever Dante was facing the demons in previous games. For example, I'm sure if Dante and Kat were to have a normal dialog about something without there being any danger or anything out of the ordinary going on, they would not be cussing at each other.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D

It depends on Dante's age, if he's 16 or 20. If he's 16 then it's a good way to show he's still young hence why he curses, but if he's 20 years old then his character will just come off as immature.

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
I don't have a problem with it at all. I'm actually really enjoying all the swearing and finding it hilarious lol

TyIquan_DmC

I doubt he's 16 but really, how mature is 20?

I'm sure if you really **** off any adult who hadn't had a particularly formal upbringing, they'll curse you out in a manner similar to Dante with no second thought.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I'm 21 and curse all the time. It's nothing to do with immaturity or a lacking vocabulary. They just help to elevate a statement, add a lot more punch to what you're saying.

Top Bottom