• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC series - revamped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah, I'm hoping they start flashing previews around soon. Just going on their yearly fiscal records, it doesn't sound like it will be this year. I'm placing my bets on it being advertised 2011 and being released by Christmas 2012. Although, DMC is one of their brand names and should take priority, so maybe by some miraculous means they'll surprise us with some leakage this year, though I highly doubt it :(

Sparda™

clairavance;197302 said:
Yeah, I'm hoping they start flashing previews around soon. Just going on their yearly fiscal records, it doesn't sound like it will be this year. I'm placing my bets on it being advertised 2011 and being released by Christmas 2012. Although, DMC is one of their brand names and should take priority, so maybe by some miraculous means they'll surprise us with some leakage this year, though I highly doubt it :(

I really hope we'll see something soon advertised. February or March are the months I'm hoping to see some actual trailer.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
They need to give out a trailer soon. I REALLY wanna see DMC 5. Hey, Sparda, maybe you should send your idea (once it's finished) to Capcom? Sounds like a solid plan to me.

Sparda™

DreadnoughtDT;197331 said:
They need to give out a trailer soon. I REALLY wanna see DMC 5. Hey, Sparda, maybe you should send your idea (once it's finished) to Capcom? Sounds like a solid plan to me.

And Capcom taking all the credit, no thanks.lol

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Tell them to give you at least SOME credit. Not ALL the corporate big-wigs will take ideas for themselves you know. But, I understand you not taking the risk. I sent an idea to Nintendo once, and they started production of it, and then it got canceled. It was a Metroid game for the N64...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well going on some source, they've already got DMC5 mapped out and possibly in the final stages of testing and whatnot. They were delayed with the development because Capcom requested they put more of a western twist into it, and apparently this, along with all the factors to consider like their strategic gameplan of when, how, where and what to reveal to the world about DMC 5, has a great influence on exactly when the actual game, or demo of the game, will be released.

I was hoping they'd give fans a sneak peek at SOMETHING early this year, but with Bayonetta coming out this month/next month and the ridiculous similarities it has to DMC, I doubt they will. Bayonetta fans would be 'meh, wanna-be Bayonetta game' = Capcom loses out on potential sales. Then again, it could have the reverse effect, and while the hype for Bayonetta is dying down, a trailer of DMC 5 could catch fans attention BECAUSE of the similarities and draw an entire fandom over to the devil side. I could weigh out the pros and cons of the marketing strategy, but it would be a waste of time and brain power because...well... because I'm not exactly one for sales pitches.

Now I got all that garb off my chest... I WANT A TRAILER!! Gah dammit Capcom! The waitin' is killin' me!!

Sparda™

Bayonetta is out already in the whole world, except Europe's release date which is 8th of January, tomorrow.

The release of a DMC5 trailer, some teaser images by - let's say - March, would really fade the interest of people towards Bayonetta.

I really want a trailer!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah, well it's not out in New Zealand yet (dude at the store told me next week sometime) and it's not going to hit game stores until next month sometime in South Africa, so it's not already out all over the world yet.
Where'd you guys think they'd let the trailer show up first? On the Capcom website? Which one? There's Europe, US, Japan. Does anybody here have connections to capcom at all? I know somebody who knows somebody who has a strong connection to somebodys in the Japan company, but they're utterly and pathetically USELESS.

Sparda™

clairavance;197342 said:
Yeah, well it's not out in New Zealand yet (dude at the store told me next week sometime) and it's not going to hit game stores until next month sometime in South Africa, so it's not already out all over the world yet.
Where'd you guys think they'd let the trailer show up first? On the Capcom website? Which one? There's Europe, US, Japan. Does anybody here have connections to capcom at all? I know somebody who knows somebody who has a strong connection to somebodys in the Japan company, but they're utterly and pathetically USELESS.

Taking the release dates are...

October 29, 2009 - JAPAN
January 5, 2010 - NORTH AMERICA
January 7, 2010 - AUSTRALIA
January 8, 2010 - EUROPE

As for South Africa and New Zealand, well, only the big markets get the games first.

As for the trailer, well, Japan will obviously get It first.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
DreadnoughtDT;197336 said:
Tell them to give you at least SOME credit. Not ALL the corporate big-wigs will take ideas for themselves you know. But, I understand you not taking the risk. I sent an idea to Nintendo once, and they started production of it, and then it got canceled. It was a Metroid game for the N64...

Are you talking about the Metroid 64 game,which later got cancelled and the formula was used to make the metroid prime series?

[At times like these,I wish Banpresto and Falcom had an english site.Though the choices are many : Konami,Capcom,Square]

Ahem...Moving on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom