• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC series - revamped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
If there's already another thread out about this, please let me know where because I couldn't find it.

I had a brief look at Capcom's US site the other day, and there was a discussion on their forums about DMC possibly going through an update-transformation (better graphics, different gaming platforms, etc). I have a gut-wrenching feeling they're going to remake every DMC game before they bring out 5 (sooo typical)

So, I was curious to see what you guys think - should Capcom bring the previously sold games out with flashier graphics and better VO's (this excludes DMC3 &4 because those were awesome), maybe with some extra twists added here and there? Or should they just get a move on and bring out DMC 5?

I personally think they should up the graphics of the entire series, scrap DMC 2 completely and make it GOOD, and bring them to all the different platforms (emphasis on the Xbox 360 for me).

So, let's hear your guys opinions?

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Just because a majority of people liked the sudden different approach that 3 gave doesn't mean everything before 3 should be torn apart and redone. I think they should all be left, remakes rarely turn out anywhere near as good as the originals. 2 was not so bad it should be taken out of the series alltogether. You start remaking more than one game in a series and you open pandoras box, soon 3 will have to be remade, then 4 and so on..it will never end hardware is constantly being upgraded.

If people don't like the graphic downgrade and slower pace of the older games then just don't play them. DMC is on wiki, go nuts.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Aha. Good point. That would prove a problem, wouldn't it, if they had to change everything else. I don't mean they should scrap DMC 2 out of the series. They just need to do SOMETHING to it to make it better.
And I'd like to play the older games, but I've only got xbox, which is why I specified the platforms.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Meh. I know this thread is just a little bit old, but I felt the need to post this. I think that if they tweaked DMC 2's story and gameplay to match those of the first or third game, then it'd be fine. Also, I don't know if other people want this, but I would desperately like to see DMC 1 get a Bloody Palace mode. Any one else agree?

Sparda™

Old games should be left untouched.

The only upgrade I'd advise, would be graphical, and that would include all Devil May Cry games before 4.

It would be a way for Capcom to gather funds for future games of the series.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
If they could 'revamp' the series by making it a 3 disc collection,porting it to different platforms[PSP emphasis] and give them all : more costumes,bloody palace like in 3,control configuration and possibly something extra[ex : DLC LAdy being playable,DLC Vergil gets full story and Mundus final confortation],then let Capcom go nuts I say.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
How about a proper version of Vergil's story from the half-@ssed game that was DMC3.5 (or special edition)

(Don't get me started on DLC)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I agree with VB. WE NEED BACKSTORY FOR VERGIL! (Wow... all-caps are a bit annoying, aren't they?)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Although, it would help me more (i dunno about anyone else) to have a game about Sparda himself. I find Sparda a bit confusing seeing that everything is from Dante's point of view

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
You know what SCREW DLC,let's have a second disk at the ports[the DMC 3 in particular] with Vergil's proper backstory.FTW.OBEY OUR DEMANDS CAPCOM.MUHAHAHHAHAHHAHA.

Darth Angelo

unless they are making it their mission to keep him in the dark until the end or whatever there has to be a Sparda game at some point. I would much rather a Sparda game than a Vergil backstory game. As cool as a Vergil game would be a Sparda game seems more appropriate and worth telling to give us a better understanding of the big picture.

Durante

Dead
Devil Bane;195384 said:
If they could 'revamp' the series by making it a 3 disc collection,porting it to different platforms[PSP emphasis] and give them all : more costumes,bloody palace like in 3,control configuration and possibly something extra[ex : DLC LAdy being playable,DLC Vergil gets full story and Mundus final confortation],then let Capcom go nuts I say.

They actually released Devil may cry anniversary pack 3 in 1 with all three games on PS2 for a measily 30$ price with some bonuses they say. That was the chance to fix the graphics but thinking that Capcom would never think of revamping them like Kojima did to Metal gear solid we can expect nothing but better results in their future games. After all MGS1 was revamped coz of it's huge success and it was entirely on one console.
My opinion is let them games stay as they are,their pretty good anyway.

Durante

Dead
Huh? I thot it would be like 6th or something because i only see games with writings of 5th anniversary. >.<

Sparda™

clairavance;197254 said:
Is that fact or speculation?

A bit of both.

Fact for being the 10th anniversary, at 2011.

Speculation for not hearing any news at all about It.

Although we haven't heard the official announcement of DMC5, this year's E3 or some earlier gaming event will mark it.

It's also logical considering the three year gap, as DMC4 was released in February 2008.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Huh[brain processing data]...why didn't thought of that earlier.HAPPY 9NTH ANNIVERSERY DMC.Though if Capcom decides to let a DMC out,yes,i agree with Sparda,that would be the best time.

Darth Angelo

It could just be some sort of anniversary bundle as well as something to do with a next DMC game. They shouldn't really be celebrating a 10 year anniversary by giving us what we should already have. Plus if the game was being worked on wouldn't we already have some info/trailers?

Higher and longer hype gives them more potential sales. Like that teaser for DMC4 we got before Capcom even knew what the hell DMC4 was going to be about XD

Sparda™

Darth Angelo;197277 said:
It could just be some sort of anniversary bundle as well as something to do with a next DMC game. They shouldn't really be celebrating a 10 year anniversary by giving us what we should already have. Plus if the game was being worked on wouldn't we already have some info/trailers?

Higher and longer hype gives them more potential sales. Like that teaser for DMC4 we got before Capcom even knew what the hell DMC4 was going to be about XD

The first stuff from DMC4 came in September 2006 by Famitsu, which means, 1 1/2 year before the release date in February 2008.

This year should really be the one when DMC5 will finally emerge as an official game to be released soon. I doubt they will push It for 2012. I'd say DMC5 should be out at August 23, 2011. It was the date when DMC came out for the first time, in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom