• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Sales so far

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Sorry but DMC has NOTHING on Resident Evil as far as sales and popularity goes.

And thats coming from a huge DMC fan.

No one said 1 word about it not being profitable, just that you can't compare it to the likes of Resident Evil.

That being said, my point still stands.
Well I know that RE is far more well-known but the popularity of the DMC franchise isn't something to scoff at. That's what I'm saying.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well I know that RE is far more well-known but the popularity of the DMC franchise isn't something to scoff at. That's what I'm saying.

And who is scoffing at it?

Where did I even give that impression?

I didn't say it wasn't profitable, and I didn't say it wasn't popular.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
=.= I don't even know where this is going. Forget it.

Lol, don't worry, I'm not the type to engage in angry banter, and I'm not mad so no worries their either.

Its just that you seemed to have gotten the wrong impression from my post.

I wanted to clear some things up.

All I was saying is that Resident Evil is more popular and sells better.

That is just a fact.

It was in no way me trying to downplay the DMC series which I love.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Lol, don't worry, I'm not the type to engage in angry banter, and I'm not mad so no worries their either.

Its just that you seemed to have gotten the wrong impression from my post.

I wanted to clear some things up.

All I was saying is that Resident Evil is more popular and sells better.

That is just a fact.

It was in no way me trying to downplay the DMC series which I love.
You said that RE6 will most likely get a sequel because the franchise is extremely popular despite it not meeting expectations. What I'm trying to say is the chances of a new DMC game is pretty high too, though not as high as an RE sequel. Is this post okay?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
You said that RE6 will most likely get a sequel because the franchise is extremely popular despite it not meeting expectations. What I'm trying to say is the chances of a new DMC game is pretty high too, though not as high as an RE sequel. Is this post okay?

well although RE6 sold under its expectations it still sold a great deal more than DmC (around 3.8 million I believe) and as I said, is much more popular and known through the gaming community.

So while I get where your coming from, I just can't agree with the comparison to RE6 getting a sequel when the Resident Evil series is proven to be much more popular and profitable to Capcom.

The notion that chances of a DmC sequel or just as likely as a RE6 sequel doesn't add up 1 bit.

AlchemistFromEden

I guess you don't realize this but most game companies care about the amount of copies shipped, not sold. Game companies sell games to stores and consumers buy games from stores. The number of copies shipped is what matters and RE6 has already shipped 4.8 million ( http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e130204b.html ) despite selling only 3.84 million according to VGC . Unless you know how many copies of DmC has been shipped, all you say is nothing but baseless speculation. VGC is also highly unreliable so I always take their numbers with a crate-full of salt.
capcom shipped one million copies

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
well although RE6 sold under its expectations it still sold a great deal more than DmC (around 3.8 million I believe) and as I said, is much more popular and known through the gaming community.

So while I get where your coming from, I just can't agree with the comparison to RE6 getting a sequel when the Resident Evil series is proven to be much more popular and profitable to Capcom.

The notion that chances of a DmC sequel or just as likely as a RE6 sequel doesn't add up 1 bit.
Yeah that sounds about right.

Link?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

D H

And they wanted to ship 2,000,000 but low sales caused them to lower forecasts by 800,000 mere weeks after launch. So after the initial 1,000,000 shipment they only expect to ship another 200,000 making it the lowest in the franchise. Add that to the fact that DmC basically flatlined in terms of sales a couple weeks after launch, and you have a genuine disappointment.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
And they wanted to ship 2,000,000 but low sales caused them to lower forecasts by 800,000 mere weeks after launch. So after the initial 1,000,000 shipment they only expect to ship another 200,000 making it the lowest in the franchise. Add that to the fact that DmC basically flatlined in terms of sales a couple weeks after launch, and you have a genuine disappointment.
Nice job comparing the sales number of a game that hasn't even been out of 3 months to games that have been out for 4 years and up.

snausages

The length it has been released doesn't matter, most games sell the great bulk of their units in the first week or two of release. Anyway, the revised sales figures comes directly from Capcom themselves. They do not expect the game to sell well, so who's to argue with them?

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
The length it has been released doesn't matter, most games sell the great bulk of their units in the first week or two of release. Anyway, the revised sales figures comes directly from Capcom themselves. They do not expect the game to sell well, so who's to argue with them?
Not entirely true. The initial sales of Just Cause 2 were not up to SE's expectations but it sold well over time.

GF9000000Returns

The sales are really bothering me a bit.

The reason why it's not doing well right now cuz of the blind hatred, nothing else but blind hatred! Unless you tried the demo yourself, there's no reason to just hate it just for the sake of hating it. It's like one bee stinging you then a whole swarm of bee join in.

Jane Sweetbee

The reason why it's not doing well right now cuz of the blind hatred, nothing else but blind hatred! Unless you tried the demo yourself, there's no reason to just hate it just for the sake of hating it. It's like one bee stinging you then a whole swarm of bee join in.

From a neutral perspective, the bas sale is due to the game's quality. The length of game is too short and the character is not well developed (at the very beginning scene is unnecessary). Dante is shallow and Vergil's personality is wired.
If they put the comic and the dlc into the game, it may sell much much better.

Agent47_89

The reason it's not doing well is because not many people are interested in DMC plus the lack of of tv adverts. Most people don't really care or even know about fan backlash on the internet.

MedicoreR

From a neutral perspective, the bas sale is due to the game's quality. <<[FAIL]
The length of game is too short <<[FAIL]
and the character is not well developed <<[FAIL]
(at the very beginning scene is unnecessary)<<[FAIL].
Dante is shallow and Vergil's personality is wired.<<[FAIL]
If they put the comic and the dlc into the game, it may sell much much better. MAYBE

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Yes, I am quite annoyed that the game isn't doing better, I believe it to be the best the in the series. I don't understand how garbage like Resident Evil 6 sells, yet quality games like DmC don't. Annoying.

Top Bottom