• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Sales so far

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star

I would agree with the above if it weren't for the truth behind paid reviews.
Dammit, man..trying to enjoy my delicious fruit.
I seen the video, it doesn't matter if most are paid or not.
Zero was talking about the communities opinions, not the paid reviewers.

ZeroLove

I'm sorry "Funny" Batman, but though you may have some good points and valid arguements, you do come off as a d!ck. You do seem like you just want to add fuel to the fire, trying to rile up DmC supporters and exploit that some are jumping right into it.

FuN Batman

I doubt Angry Joe was paid for making the DmC review. And none of us on the forum are paid for our opinions either. I'm not talking about the many gaming sites who make reviews, I am talking about us, here, on this forum.
Angry Joe paid? No. He's independent. That's not the point of the video. I was simply saying that this is the real problem and the reason to discuss controversy. People are saying the game is better than it is when it's honestly, average, if you take into account that it was meant to improve upon the predecessor.

If you were just talking about our opinions being irrelevant, then I understand. I believe in statistics over opinions myself. I was simply looking for an excuse to show a cool video. (Mwhaahaha I reached 10 comments so now I can post media and pics!)

2vA1a.png

I'm sorry "Funny" Batman, but though you may have some good points and valid arguements, you do come off as a d!ck. You do seem like you just want to add fuel to the fire, trying to rile up DmC supporters and exploit that some are jumping right into it.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

are you even a big fan of the series or are you just here to rage, that's a line from dmc2, and yes, it was very bad dialogue, in both japanese and english it's not good dialogue, just like how jill sandwich isn't good dialogue not because of bad translation but because its bad dialogue
The writers for DMC2 were Japanese. The script was translated over to English, thus many of the translations were left up in the air. In Japanese, that scene sounds fine. Very Dramatic.

I was just throwing that out there. No need to pick apart all my points and ignore the others.

AlchemistFromEden

Angry Joe paid? No. He's independent. That's not the point of the video. I was simply saying that this is the real problem and the reason to discuss controversy. People are saying the game is better than it is when it's honestly, average, if you take into account that it was meant to improve upon the predecessor.

If you were just talking about our opinions being irrelevant, then I understand. I believe in statistics over opinions myself. I was simply looking for an excuse to show a cool video. (Mwhaahaha I reached 10 comments so now I can post media and pics!)

2vA1a.png

I'm sorry you feel that way.

The writers for DMC2 were Japanese. The script was translated over to English, thus many of the translations were left up in the air. In Japanese, that scene sounds fine. Very Dramatic.

I was just throwing that out there. No need to pick apart all my points and ignore the others.
its not a line from dmc2 -_-

FuN Batman

its not a line from dmc2 -_-
My mistake, it was dmc1.

I honestly don't remember since they were so similar but does it really matter? Fact remains, it was scripted in Japanese. Anyways, I played the game 12 years ago when I was 12. What do you expect?

DMC3 was the best anyways. (more fresh in my memory to say the least since I still play it every now and again.)

Instead of straw manning it would be nice to address the point.

FuN Batman

um, where the hell are you getting your information kid?
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=DMC
it sold 600,000 units not counting pc sales,
(I don't know how I missed this post earlier.)
Did you not read anything I said? Do I honestly need to quote myself after you just quoted me?

It's the 4th week and DmC isn't even selling 8k units on the xbox and not even 19k on the ps3.

From your own link.
DmC PS3 week 4 $19,193 (Not even 1/4th of DMC4 sales.)
DmC XBOX week 4 $8,952 (Not even 1/10th of DMC4 sales.)
Pretty much what I said.

remember when this thread was about DmC's sales?
You got your wish! Back on topic.

AlchemistFromEden

(I don't know how I missed this post earlier.)
Did you not read anything I said? Do I honestly need to quote myself after you just quoted me?

From your own link.
DmC PS3 week 4 $19,193 (Not even 1/4th of DMC4 sales.)
DmC XBOX week 4 $8,952 (Not even 1/10th of DMC4 sales.)
Pretty much what I said.

You got your wish! Back on topic.
and it should try to emulate dmc4 in every way why?

FuN Batman

and it should try to emulate dmc4 in every way why?
Geezus you're slow. That's not the point bro. When did I say it should emulate DMC4?

I'm saying, in regards to the sales, (aka: the number of things that are sold at a vender or online for this other thing called MONEY) DMC4 sold so much more it's ridiculous. Considering that the disparity in user base is MASSIVE and the install base in general for DMC4 was insignificant in comparison to what was available to DmC, I'd say something is seriously wrong here.

Anyways, enough of that horse sh1t.

I just saw the trailer for the new original Dante costume and it looks pretty bad ass. I heard they're also fixing the devil trigger, so that's two gay things fixed I suppose. Now all they need to do is balance the combat and somehow make Dante seem like less of a douchey hipster retard. I'm pretty sure that's too late already though.

I doubt we'll see a increase in sales because of this but I'll inform you all on week 5.

AlchemistFromEden

Geezus you're slow. That's not the point bro. When did I say it should emulate DMC4?

I'm saying, in regards to the sales, (aka: the number of things that are sold at a vender or online for this other thing called MONEY) DMC4 sold so much more it's ridiculous. Considering that the disparity in user base is MASSIVE and the install base in general for DMC4 was insignificant in comparison to what was available to DmC, I'd say something is seriously wrong here.

Anyways, enough of that horse sh1t.

I just saw the trailer for the new original Dante costume and it looks pretty bad ass. I heard they're also fixing the devil trigger, so that's two gay things fixed I suppose. Now all they need to do is balance the combat and somehow make Dante seem like less of a douchey hipster retard. I'm pretty sure that's too late already though.

I doubt we'll see a increase in sales because of this but I'll inform you all on week 5.
sales are gonna be considered at the end of capcom's fiscal year

FuN Batman

sales are gonna be considered at the end of capcom's fiscal year
I bet it won't even break 800k by 10 weeks unless the PC version picks up some slack.

Unlikely to say the least.

(I also forgot to mention that they need to fix the frames in mah last post. It's too late though. The game is already a flop.)

AlchemistFromEden

I bet it won't even break 800k by 10 weeks unless the PC version picks up some slack.

(I also forgot to mention that they need to fix the frames in mah last post. It's too late though. The game is already a flop.)
resident evil 6 undersold and capcom are already talking about a sequel, this game will most likely be getting a sequel too

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington

I guess you don't realize this but most game companies care about the amount of copies shipped, not sold. Game companies sell games to stores and consumers buy games from stores. The number of copies shipped is what matters and RE6 has already shipped 4.8 million ( http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e130204b.html ) despite selling only 3.84 million according to VGC . Unless you know how many copies of DmC has been shipped, all you say is nothing but baseless speculation. VGC is also highly unreliable so I always take their numbers with a crate-full of salt.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
resident evil 6 undersold and capcom are already talking about a sequel, this game will most likely be getting a sequel too

well Resident Evil is well.....Resident Evil.

That game is like Capcom's top series next to Street Fighter.

Its far more popular than DMC has ever been and brings in far more money with each title.

So really its not fair to even bring RE6 into this discussion since its well.....Resident Evil not Devil May Cry.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
well Resident Evil is well.....Resident Evil.

That game is like Capcom's top series next to Street Fighter.

Its far more popular than DMC has ever been and brings in far more money with each title.

So really its not fair to even bring RE6 into this discussion since its well.....Resident Evil not Devil May Cry.
The DMC franchise is still highly profitable (or at least it was) so I wouldn't count it out.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
The DMC franchise is still highly profitable (or at least it was) so I wouldn't count it out.

Sorry but DMC has NOTHING on Resident Evil as far as sales and popularity goes.

And thats coming from a huge DMC fan.

No one said 1 word about it not being profitable, just that you can't compare it to the likes of Resident Evil.

That being said, my point still stands.

Top Bottom