• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Reboot- Its not the end of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
moseslmpg;292220 said:
The world ends every time you go to sleep. It is always there when you wake up. I wouldn't worry.

I believe the same. I don't believe the world is going to suddenly end on one date, I honestly don't. But to be honest though, humanity as a whole dug its grave a long time ago...Yeah I know that's a bit harsh but what have we done to really help the earth other than destroying for our own needs?

On topic though: Again, it is just a game that people have invested time and money in. They have grown attached to the characters, story, game world-you name it. I'm in between where I enjoy the game but not to an extreme, but enough to love what it has to offer.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
great original post uzu.
lots of great points were made, and it's always nice to see an exchange between haters and supporters without any flaming. have some rep.

dominus as well, though it did feel somewhat like you were just looking for ways to bring the game down at times.

UZUDAE

I agree with Dominus. Uzu, you are splitting hairs (no pun intended) with a lot of these points, especially the hair (no pun intended again). I mean, I went to Japan for a semester and saw hardly anyone with Dino's hairstyle (and I saw a lot of hip Japanese people). Tameem's hair does have an obvious resemblance to Dino's style, and the pic you posted is less like Dino's and certainly not indicative of any significant trend in Japan.

Also, with this shape shifting weapon, either they will have to have the different forms accessible within different combos, which defeats the purpose of having a shapeshifting weapon, or the forms will have to be mapped to separate weapon slots, which only functions as a way to remove the need to find weapons in the game. That was one of my gripes with Nero as well, the monotony and lack of actual depth.

And as for the smoking, it is very stereotypical and totally against the essence of Dante's character. It may have been the staple of the youth in revolt back when smoking was actually rebellious, but I don't think anyone associates smoking with rebellion anymore. In the context of the game, who would he be rebelling against? The department of health? It serves no purpose in the game except in a last-ditch effort to make him look cool and portray a prisoner of his own vices, from which he will presumably liberate himself by the end.

Maybe not that EXACT hairstyle, but the general trend of hairstyles that taper down/are uneven, is popular, and I've seen it in lots of asian countries. Somebody in here said its more popular in Korea and Tailand? Perhaps they're right.

As for the rest of it, I feel like we're getting into personal opinions instead of facts. We see these changes in different ways. Can we agree to disagree on it? I respect your opinion if you'll respect mine?

Well played though, I can't 100% refute what you're saying. I guess we'll just have to see how Ninja Theory plans to incorporate these changes ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom