• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Review Thread

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I realize there's alot of reviews starting to come in so I thought we could make an official thread for all these reviews. So post all reviews in this thread.
Xbox360 Magazine: 9/10
LEVEL Magazine: 9/10
Play3 Magazine: 8.9/10
GamemasterUk: 89%/100%
New! Famitsu: 34/40
New! Gameinformer: 9/10
If I'm missing any please let me know and post any future reviews in this thread.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I wanted to make a thread like this, but for the gamers on this forum to post their own reviews about the demo/game itself rather than magazine articles. Could we share or should I make a separate thread for that?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I wanted to make a thread like this, but for the gamers on this forum to post their own reviews about the demo/game itself rather than magazine articles. Could we share or should I make a separate thread for that?
I actually think there's already a thread like that somewhere but I might be wrong.
I kinda want to keep this an official review thread just so it can be easy for people to find the actual scores of the game if you don't mind. :)

Gaflima

Son of no one.
I realize there's alot of reviews starting to come in so I thought we could make an official thread for all these reviews. So post all reviews in this thread.
Xbox360 Magazine: 9/10
Play3 Magazine: 8.9/10
GamemasterUk: 89%/100%
New! Famitsu: 34/40

If I'm missing any please let me know and post any future reviews in this thread.
Good, hope it helps to decrease the number of unnecessary threads here (which is big).
Oh, and it seems you forgot the 9/10 from the LEVEL magazine ;)

btmudd28

I should be receiving GameInformer's digital issue any moment now, and it should feature their review. As soon as I get it, I'll let you all know.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
It is advisable to change the thread's name to "Official DmC Reviews Roundup", since this is a compilation of the game's reviews instead of an official review thread.

btmudd28

So it's supposed to release very soon?

Literally any moment. They posted their cover story earlier today and they release the digital issue the day they release their cover story. The post says it should release around 2 PM Central Time, which was almost four hours ago. Just waiting for the email now. However, they released a video of two of their writers playing the demo, one of which was the reviewer himself. And the reviewer noted that their review would be posted online on Monday, but during the video had nothing but praises for the game and even says something to the effect of, "I really liked this game." Granted, that is a very loose quote as I can't remember at what point he says this nor do I feel like watching through the whole 20 minute clip :D. Here's the link to the video though.

Warning: the guy that isn't the reviewer/player seems completely clueless about the game and you can here his "oohs" and "ahhs" throughout.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Literally any moment. They posted their cover story earlier today and they release the digital issue the day they release their cover story. The post says it should release around 2 PM Central Time, which was almost four hours ago. Just waiting for the email now. However, they released a video of two of their writers playing the demo, one of which was the reviewer himself. And the reviewer noted that their review would be posted online on Monday, but during the video had nothing but praises for the game and even says something to the effect of, "I really liked this game." Granted, that is a very loose quote as I can't remember at what point he says this nor do I feel like watching through the whole 20 minute clip :D. Here's the link to the video though.

Warning: the guy that isn't the reviewer/player seems completely clueless about the game and you can here his "oohs" and "ahhs" throughout.

Sweet, I usually find Gameinformer's reviews very fair and mostly accurate. (Mostly)
And yeah I watched their Test Chamber video earlier, the reviewer did sound pretty pleased with the game so I'm excited to hear his full review.

btmudd28

Sweet, I usually find Gameinformer's reviews very fair and mostly accurate. (Mostly)
And yeah I watched their Test Chamber video earlier, the reviewer did sound pretty pleased with the game so I'm excited to hear his full review.

Yeah, same here. GameInformer is my go-to along with GamesRadar. Those are pretty much the only two review sites that I really listen to.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Yeah, same here. GameInformer is my go-to along with GamesRadar. Those are pretty much the only two review sites that I really listen to.
I never completely listen to any review site, but it is nice having solid sites that can give you an accurate basis of games.

Paexie

It's already in my email:
xK9NC.png

Top Bottom