• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC might get a next gen remake? "DmC: Devil may Cry Ultimate"

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Video Games are becoming more and more about money, than about anything else. I still miss nes/sega era :(

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Again, that's my problem with the newer consoles. When it comes to launch titles and early titles, you are supposed to put your best foot forward, not only do you have to pull the big guns with one of your major IPs, but you have to have a small load of new ones that grabs peoples attention.
Microsoft used Halo, once a great series that focused on great multiplayer. Now relying on a story that had a solid ending in the 3rd one.
Sony used a bunch of indie titles.

All in all, the reason the internet held Nintendo in such high regards at E3 was BECAUSE they pulled out their big guns and got eye-catching new IPs.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I think DmC would look fantastic on the PS4/Xbox One. But in order to make it at least a bit succesful, they need to add some new stuff. People will otherwise not be inclined to pay $60 for something they've already played (people that aren't me, that is). So besides better hair animations (lol), I would love it if they add least added Vergil Bloody Place mode and a Photo Mode much like in inFamous Second Son. That would give the players hours of more fun time, in my opinion. I know it'll be difficult for them to create new missions, unless NT recent secretive behavior has something to do with them doing that exact same thing. (Though I doubt that, Tim Phillipps has been busy with his new TV gig.) Ah, the possibilities! I sure hope this is all true.

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Actually, now that I think about it...

cc2iaEw.png

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I believe I read something that said that NT was working on a new IP. They will be appearing at GDC Europe to talk about old games (so maybe DmC), games that never made it, AND their new game. That tweet might be referring to the announcement of said game.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Again, that's my problem with the newer consoles. When it comes to launch titles and early titles, you are supposed to put your best foot forward, not only do you have to pull the big guns with one of your major IPs, but you have to have a small load of new ones that grabs peoples attention.
Microsoft used Halo, once a great series that focused on great multiplayer. Now relying on a story that had a solid ending in the 3rd one.
Sony used a bunch of indie titles.

All in all, the reason the internet held Nintendo in such high regards at E3 was BECAUSE they pulled out their big guns and got eye-catching new IPs.
Nintendo only had one new IP and that was Splatoon. But Nintendo did do E3 right by using the 3 days to show nothing but gameplay. I don't care about hype anymore. You wanna sell me a game? Show me what it has to offer me. The scripted show and tell bs is not gonna do that.

As for Halo, it's just Microsoft wanting to milk it to death. Halo had some fun multiplayer but it always had a strong solo campaign and decent story too. The biggest problem with Halo's new titles are their existence in the first place. And if you actually cared for the plot then a 4th game really kills the whole finality of Halo 3 which marketed itself all over the place with "Finish the fight."

Halo 3 wraps it up with an ending of Master Chief presumed dead only in space lost going to sleep. The only way that ending truly works is if Master Chief doesn't continue.

Sunaka Marién

Pleaseletitbetruepleaseletitbetruepleaseletitbetruepleaseletitbetruepleaseletitbetruepleaseletitbetruepleaseletitbetrue...!
Y'all have no clue how much I hoped for something like that to be made - DmC with better even graphics, what more could I whish for..? Well, execept for DmC2 obviously :´)
Better start saving some money I guess~

EllDawn

If this is a remake of DmC, I hope it's more of what the creators had originally intended for the game. And it looks like I'll have a reason for getting the ps4. Hopefully the price will go down low enough.

AcidX_Y

If this is true and it's an ultimate edition then there isn't much more they can add to the vanilla game. There was only Vergils down fall and some weapon skins as dlc for the last gen version.

Will most likely be 60 fps and maybe they'll increase the difficulty.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
So we can expect the same kind of lazy HD porting they did to the DMC HD collection and the RE4 Ultimate HD port?

The Final Offer

So, I'm not going to bunch people into one and just go off on them. I'm going to do this separately.

Those who want HD remakes and remasters please stand on my left, those who don't and think it's a cash grab stand on my right.

Now, to those on my right. You guys are so full of ****. You speak of wanting your favorite games remastered or (two generations ago) HD collection. Then you want to turn around and say it's a cash grab which somehow alot of these remasters and HD remakes you rented, bought, or played, go unnoticed.

Those on my left understand, some games get remastered, and DmC did come out near the end of the generation.

If they had a Megaman HD remaster Extreme X edition, you bet your ass the majority would buy it. Alot of people I've met in person and on the web, have been wondering if "games with beautiful level design and visuals" will be getting a remaster. This nemastering of DmC is definitely on my TO BUY list and that's because it's going to have a major impact on twitch and youtube. People have combos that they wanna show off (LIKE ME!), but are exclusive to consoles.

sssensational

Supporter 2014
This nemastering of DmC is definitely on my TO BUY list and that's because it's going to have a major impact on twitch and youtube. People have combos that they wanna show off (LIKE ME!), but are exclusive to consoles.

DmC being on the PS4 would certainly make it a lot easier for people to record and share combo's, so I think there will be an outburst of that. (I'm not complaining.)

All I'm saying is, I'm so willing to put down my money for DmC again, but if it's full retail price, they better make it worth it. I'm not hard to please though. But I hope it's not the exact same copy, or if it is, they should at least lower the price a little.

I always check my local stores for DmC and some of them are still selling it for $59,98 (the euro equivalent)! No wonder people won't be that inclined to pick it up. Me picking up DmC was just dumb luck, I wouldn't pay 60 euros for a game I know close to nothing about that came out more than a year ago.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I think DmC would look fantastic on the PS4/Xbox One. But in order to make it at least a bit succesful, they need to add some new stuff. People will otherwise not be inclined to pay $60 for something they've already played (people that aren't me, that is). So besides better hair animations (lol), I would love it if they add least added Vergil Bloody Place mode and a Photo Mode much like in inFamous Second Son. That would give the players hours of more fun time, in my opinion. I know it'll be difficult for them to create new missions, unless NT recent secretive behavior has something to do with them doing that exact same thing. (Though I doubt that, Tim Phillipps has been busy with his new TV gig.) Ah, the possibilities! I sure hope this is all true.

Wait...are you dantesbooty on Tumblr?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, I only had a problem with them remastering "The Last of Us" so soon. Other than that, I really have no interest outside of DmC.

I don't mind HD Remasters, but I really don't care enough to buy them either.

However, I was annoyed that they did such a bad job with the Silent Hill HD job. There's no excuse for that one.

The Final Offer

Well, I only had a problem with them remastering "The Last of Us" so soon. Other than that, I really have no interest outside of DmC.

I don't mind HD Remasters, but I really don't care enough to buy them either.

However, I was annoyed that they did such a bad job with the Silent Hill HD job. There's no excuse for that one.

Oh LoU is top notch material to Sony. If they're bringing the sequels to the PS4 then they better have the original on PS4 as well.

MS is doing the same with Halo. Also, rumor has it Uncharted series is to be remastered for PS4.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
If they're bringing the sequels to the PS4 then they better have the original on PS4 as well.
Really? You don't think it's too soon?

It's one thing to release it at the same time, but to call it a "remaster"? What was so different about it?? They had SLIGHTLY nicer faces?

The Final Offer

Really? You don't think it's too soon?

It's one thing to release it at the same time, but to call it a "remaster"? What was so different about it?? They had SLIGHTLY nicer faces?

That's not the point of it being re-released though. The point is for those who have just now adopted a Sony console. It's nothing for the PS4 to take on LoU. It's doing the same thing with GTA V. Things just look better and I'm sure that 60 fps 1080p is going to make it feel different.

The Final Offer

I sure hope so. I'm not going buy the same damn game twice unless they add some damn good content to it -- also, it has to be at least a year later. If not, then I'll avoid buying simply out of protest.

Yeah dude, no, full price on **** like this no. I'm only doing DmC if they decrease the price for those who have it on PS3. LIKE THEY DID FF REALM REBORN.

Seriously? What the ****?

Top Bottom