• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"DmC hasn't do anything bad towards DMC!"

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Well Im a DMC fan and I love Ponies, guess there's every possible interest combination in the world...I even know some Satan-Worshipping "Atheists" on facebook (Yes, no ****)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Your saying the reason DMC received more attention is because of DmC, then you also say because of the controversy. The controversy was not caused by DmC, but by fans reaction to DmC.
If fans had not reacted the way they did to DmC, there would not been a controversy.

My point: The fans reaction to DmC drew in people's attention to DmC and DMC.

But it's still something to do with DmC, thus DmC (in a shape or form) brought DMC back to light.

I don't think DmC made DMC more popular.

Devil May Cry sold 2.16m (PS2)
DMC 2 sold 1.7M (PS2)
DMC 3 sold 1.3m (PS2)
DMC 3 sold 1.3m (PS2)
DMC 4 sold 2.3M (PS3/Xbox360)
Source

DmC sold 1.15m (PS3/Xbox360)

So as you can see, the sales aren't supportive of DmC making DMC more popular or draw more attention.
If you compare DmC's sale with DMC 3 even if DmC was on 2 platforms, DMC 3 which was on one platform had 150K more units sold than DmC.

And i am saying is that, the reason DmC got so much attention, which was then projected on DMC when the DmC buyers liked DmC, is not because of DmC itself but because of the fans reaction to DmC. The fans reacted, gaming media reported on it and people noticed this.

Compared to DMC 4, DmC has sold over 1M units less. THAT IS NOT A GOOD INDICATION that DmC has made DMC more popular.

Because most of those sales are from a fanbase perspective, and not the entire general gaming world. But DmC was able to bring more eyes on it from the constant yelling am screaming of the fans, and the douchebagery of Capcom. Many may not have bought it, but a lot have kept its eye on it to see what it'll do next and may even give it a buy next time.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I agree with you. But I'm still going to have to ask you to stop because like I said before, no answer will ever be good enough for a certain individual whose opinion refuses to be swayed.
And that's why I remained neutral in all this. I have my own views...

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
[quote="MigsRZXAStylish, post: 496592, member: 17259"I'm only here for clean, fair and civil discussions.[/quote]
Then you might not want to read my views on the matter... :troll:
I hit low, and play dirty.

Top Bottom