• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"DmC hasn't do anything bad towards DMC!"

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I don't think DmC made DMC more popular.

Devil May Cry sold 2.16m (PS2)
DMC 2 sold 1.7M (PS2)
DMC 3 sold 1.3m (PS2)
DMC 3 sold 1.3m (PS2)
DMC 4 sold 2.3M (PS3/Xbox360)
Source

DmC sold 1.15m (PS3/Xbox360)

So as you can see, the sales aren't supportive of DmC making DMC more popular or draw more attention.
If you compare DmC's sale with DMC 3 even if DmC was on 2 platforms, DMC 3 which was on one platform had 150K more units sold than DmC.

And i am saying is that, the reason DmC got so much attention, which was then projected on DMC when the DmC buyers liked DmC, is not because of DmC itself but because of the fans reaction to DmC. The fans reacted, gaming media reported on it and people noticed this.

Compared to DMC 4, DmC has sold over 1M units less. THAT IS NOT A GOOD INDICATION that DmC has made DMC more popular.

i think you're misunderstanding what i'm trying to say. DmC didn't make the series more popular as a whole. it brought back fame to the series due to the controversy. the interest was there it just needed a spark. DmC was the spark

IncarnatedDemon

i think you're misunderstanding what i'm trying to say. DmC didn't make the series more popular as a whole. it brought back fame to the series due to the controversy. the interest was there it just needed a spark. DmC was the spark
But the controversy wasn't created by DmC, it was created by the fans.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
so we can agree that the controversy happened as a result of fan's reactions to DmC's announcement
Jak, just let it go dude. She wants to believe whatever she wants and will not allow anyone to break her delusions. She will not stop. Just leave it alone and she might grow tired of this nonsense.

IncarnatedDemon

no DmC=no fan outrage. no fan outrage=no controversy. no controversy=less popularity
So your saying if DMC 5 was released and no controversy happened that DMC serie's popularity would go down? That is a assertion not fact.

And didn't you in a previous post say
Now your saying if no controversy had not happened because DmC was made, then DMC would become less popular?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Jak, just let it go dude. She wants to believe whatever she wants and will not allow anyone to break her delusions. She will not stop. Just leave it alone and she might grow tired of this nonsense.
I think what we just saw is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. :/

And DmC isn't that far behind DMC3 sales-wise, either. Let's just hope that the sequel will tighten up the gameplay.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
So your saying if DMC 5 was released and no controversy happened that DMC serie's popularity would go down? That is a assertion not fact.

And didn't you in a previous post say

Now your saying if no controversy had not happened because DmC was made, then DMC would become less popular?

not less popular. it wouldn't do anything. it would have the same affect of another COD game coming out. not much reaction. so not many people would care.

IncarnatedDemon

not less popular. it wouldn't do anything. it would have the same affect of another COD game coming out. not much reaction. so not many people would care.
That's speculation Jak. You are right that people may not notice DMC 5 as much because there is no controversy, but if DMC 5 is innovating from a gameplay perspective (e.g well done coop) and has a decent story - then people will buy it.

But controversy is ONE possible way a game may get noticed by people. The other way is---> the game is really good and then people tell eachother "Hey Jak, its me IC---DMC 5 is a pretty good game dude, its worth at least 45 dollars !".

So yeah :p

Anyway Jak i will wrap this discussion up. Ive said what i said.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
That's speculation Jak. You are right that people may not notice DMC 5 as much because there is no controversy, but if DMC 5 is innovating from a gameplay perspective (e.g well done coop) and has a decent story - then people will buy it.

But controversy is ONE possible way a game may get noticed by people. The other way is---> the game is really good and then people tell eachother "Hey Jak, its me IC---DMC 5 is a pretty good game dude, its worth at least 45 dollars !".

So yeah :p

Anyway Jak i will wrap this discussion up. Ive said what i said.

your points are valid and respected. pleasure talking with you ^_^

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
I would agree with you if this wasn't capcom, they have a lot of spin-offs and variants for their franchises that I actually believe they would've continued with both worlds, in fact I believe we will see more from both worlds =D

...Sorry, I had to!...but it's kinda catchy! xD

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I would agree with you if this wasn't capcom, they have a lot of spin-offs and variants for their franchises that I actually believe they would've continued with both worlds, in fact I believe we will see more from both worlds =D

...Sorry, I had to!...but it's kinda catchy! xD

JOKES ON YOU. I LOVE THIS SONG

Top Bottom