• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry was released on Xbox 360/PS3 three years ago...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Anyway, I remember being open minded to this game. I remember the complaints and criticisms about it from the get go, long before people really knew anything. A lot of narrow mindedness, overshadowing people's perception of the game. A saddening thing to witness, it really was.
Still is like that dude. This game will probably be forever underrated and condemned for the most part.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Still is like that dude. This game will probably be forever underrated and condemned for the most part.

No what I meant was how people were already seeing it as something before they even really knew anything about it. They had already judged it and made up their minds. That's why I always kept an open mind, because you can't tell what it's going to be like until you get to play it. I understand your point though.

corrnata

Back when it was first announced the only DMC game I played was 1 loved it, and the only Ninja theory game I have played was heavenly sword given it came with my ps3 back in 2007 and I loved it. So come 2010 DmC trailer remember hating everything about it then being somewhat curious given who was behind it and in the same day having a FULL CAPS LOCK calling the new Dante emo, faggot, gay, fag words that were 150% less derogatory back in 2010 which ultimately makes me realise its close to 6 years since the TGS trailer, in some form of irony I realised I was Bisexual a week before I got DmC which was 2nd week of March. Before buying the game I was listing to combichrist soundtrack on youtube for no real reason in February which ultimately got me to download the demo before buying the game.

Since then the game changed very large amounts of my personality and taste in games, movies and fashion it pulled my away from anime and back to western entertainment in terms of TV shows and games and for fashion it basicly made me fashionable in taste in clothing since then I have gotten my hair like Dante for every hair cut since two years (going to slightly change in March it so its longer fringe my natural jet black hair on top and dyed white sides, so my DmC inspersion for the style will still be their) I gotten a real leather version of dantes coat which does get you laid so do the Amulets if you have both on you in alt-night clubs. The game also finally give me the inspiration to get fit and gain muscle which been working out well I can not sadly say how much I lost because I end up replace it with muscle mass lol. Some point during all this I ended up seeing combichrist live.

TLDR: This game change my life, also it took it over send help.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Back when it was first announced the only DMC game I played was 1 loved it, and the only Ninja theory game I have played was heavenly sword given it came with my ps3 back in 2007 and I loved it. So come 2010 DmC trailer remember hating everything about it then being somewhat curious given who was behind it and in the same day having a FULL CAPS LOCK calling the new Dante emo, faggot, gay, fag words that were 150% less derogatory back in 2010 which ultimately makes me realise its close to 6 years since the TGS trailer, in some form of irony I realised I was Bisexual a week before I got DmC which was 2nd week of March. Before buying the game I was listing to combichrist soundtrack on youtube for no real reason in February which ultimately got me to download the demo before buying the game.

Since then the game changed very large amounts of my personality and taste in games, movies and fashion it pulled my away from anime and back to western entertainment in terms of TV shows and games and for fashion it basicly made me fashionable in taste in clothing since then I have gotten my hair like Dante for every hair cut since two years (going to slightly change in March it so its longer fringe my natural jet black hair on top and dyed white sides, so my DmC inspersion for the style will still be their) I gotten a real leather version of dantes coat which does get you laid so do the Amulets if you have both on you in alt-night clubs. The game also finally give me the inspiration to get fit and gain muscle which been working out well I can not sadly say how much I lost because I end up replace it with muscle mass lol. Some point during all this I ended up seeing combichrist live.

TLDR: This game change my life, also it took it over send help.

wow that's deep

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Since then the game changed very large amounts of my personality and taste in games, movies and fashion it pulled my away from anime and back to western entertainment in terms of TV shows and games and for fashion --

TLDR: This game changed my life.
To be honest, I consider that to be a personal evolution, from my point of view.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Not very interesting of a story, I think. But anyway.

I saw the trailer with scrawny and beaten up Dante. Lots of people yelling at it, enraged, but I was like, catatonic. I stayed there staring at the screen for a couple minutes, sighed, nodded in resignation, moved on to another video.

My interest in Devil May Cry dropped completely that day in 2010. Not just Devil May Cry's future, but the franchise as a whole. Couldn't even get around to replay the older games, my interest in it was completely gone.

I barely followed DmC's development and the fuss around it, the ****storm towards Tameem's PR, and all that. It just wasn't my concern anymore, Devil May Cry. I almost completely ignored it for its entire dev process' duration.

Then a friend of mine, who never got into DMC, bought it for his Xbox, and one day I was at his place, playing, he offered to let me try this DmC cause it was fun. I said why not. I had a good time with it, and both me and my friend split the cost of the PC version which we bought for his machine, cause mine was only good for playing old games. It's on PC that I had most on my experience with DmC.

I liked it overall, had fun, but I felt I had no reason to replay it again multiple times. The world was cool but not interesting enough, I didn't feel the urge of going find as many secrets and references and Easter Eggs as possible like I did in the previous titles, and the combat offered comparatively less depth so I didn't feel like spending a lot of time on it (recently I discovered fighting games and learned how much they have in common with DMC so I got back on it briefly).

Good things is, playing DmC rekindled my interest in the franchise. Some time later I joined here.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I played the game when it came out and I thought it was the middle of the road type of expierence. Its not as bad as people thought it was gonna be but its not as good as people wanted it to be.

Which is funny because I really excited for the game and its potential after seeing the TGS10 trailer. Maybe my expectations were too high, maybe the gap between fans and the creators was too big, maybe Capcom got feet, maybe this was the bad play from the start (who knows?).

I think right now, what matters is what we all took away from the game and our time waiting on it. I took away a couple hours of fun and a learning curve about seeing the bigger picture of franchises and how they interact with their communities and how stories were made. I joined this forum/the ign boards/NT and met some interesting if not always nice people. I wrote a two shot fanfic last year about the DE costumes that people dug (hell someone recently favorited it on Fanfiction.net which should be incentive to go write something else)

I cant tell you if this was necessary because I couldn't tell you if Nero or the anime was necessary either as its up to you to make that decision for yourself. All that matters is what we take away from it and I hope Capcom/NT take away something meaningful.

Goldsickle

I was never comfortable with Devil May Cry being outsourced years ago.

But when I heard the staff directly stated that "NO QUICK TIME EVENTS", I openly stated how I was willing to give the game a chance based on that, since I personally despised QTE.

And that post is how I ended up making a lot of enemies....

corrnata

I was never comfortable with Devil May Cry being outsourced years ago.

But when I heard the staff directly stated that "NO QUICK TIME EVENTS", I openly stated how I was willing to give the game a chance based on that, since I personally despised QTE.

And that post is how I ended up making a lot of enemies....
Sega is the only company that's done QTE's right ever.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
The whole concept of QTE is just makeshift and "wrong" to begin.

Hm, I didn't hate them in Metal Gear Rising.

I only hated them at the end of the Jetstream Sam boss fight. No matter what I do, no matter what I sacrifice, I ALWAYS mess up the last QTE I need to take him down. I had him kill me one time because I kept messing up. Cue the rage.

Goldsickle

Hm, I didn't hate them in Metal Gear Rising.
Probably because they didn't randomize the button prompts.
QTE is more annoying when it randomizes what needs to be pressed.

For example, it asks you to press Square on the first attempt but you didn't press it in time and die.
In your second attempt, you have your thumb positioned over Square in preparation but it switches to Circle instead.

No matter what I do, no matter what I sacrifice, I ALWAYS mess up the last QTE I need to take him down.
I hope you're not referring to the blade mode finishers as a "QTE".

Following original definition of it, "QTE" are sudden button prompts appearing on-screen, almost always appearing in a cutscene or sequence outside of your control.
Usually, they are randomized.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I hope you're not referring to the blade mode finishers as a "QTE".

Following original definition of it, "QTE" are sudden button prompts appearing on-screen, almost always appearing in a cutscene or sequence outside of your control.
Usually, they are randomized.

So button prompts that appear 0.001 before attacking Sam are not QTE's? Whatever they are, they're annoying as heck and I'm never fast enough for them.

Goldsickle

So button prompts that appear 0.001 before attacking Sam are not QTE's? Whatever they are, they're annoying as heck and I'm never fast enough for them.
I dunno about Sam's fight.

You have to press the button prompt to initiate the finishing Blade Mode and you're not killing him with random button presses but you're actually controlling your blade to disarm him.

For me, it's "QTE" when it happens during a cutscene or sequences out of your control.
If you're in control of your character when a button prompt appears but you can do other things, like run out of the way or even interrupt, etc. I don't consider that a QTE sequence.

One thing: Having button prompts appear on-screen does not necessarily make it a QTE.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Could we try to find the path back to the topic, because I think we've strayed slightly off course.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I did like the tgs10 and captivate 12 trailers ( debut and public enemy) so I'm hoping DMC5 or whatever they put out is just as cool.

corrnata

guys its been 3 years since the game came out and close to 6 since TGS 2010. My question is where is the studio version of, i never exist by kap bambino the song used in the infamous TGS2010 trailer because I would love to have it.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I heard that it only sounds like Kap's number, though. I don't think that's the actual song.

Officially, it was recorded in-house at NT's studio. Unfortunately, there was no official release for it.

corrnata

I heard that it only sounds like Kap's number, though. I don't think that's the actual song.

Officially, it was recorded in-house at NT's studio. Unfortunately, there was no official release for it.
Looks like asking NT for it is the best bet to get the song, its been close to 6 years at this point cant see any reason for them to give us it and kap seems to have no interest in giving us it unless its in the next album as a bonus.

Top Bottom