• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry was released on Xbox 360/PS3 three years ago...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
DmC is a game that didn't initially gel with me during development, but I think it's an absolute corker now and it's amongst the cream of my Steam Library crop. I quite like the new Dante's character direction, and even if Vergil's motives and schemes in DmC are... a bit panto, I still enjoy blasting through the story on occasion. The Poison are Bob boss battles are still adrenaline rushes for me!

In the time since it's original release, I've started university as a mature student (turns out pretty much everybody at The Open University is a mature student), spent a year or so working with an indie games development studio, and now I'm considering starting up my own PC repair business.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Devil May Cry and DmC can co-exist and both enjoy plenty more sequels!

Last edited:

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
back when the first TGS trailer for DmC came out i was still playing DMC 1 2 3 and 4 working to beat them all on DMD mode
so when i saw the trailer i didn't really have a big reaction it was pretty much
"why does he have black hair? oh he has a little white spot on the back of his head. i guess it will turn white at the end of the game. (shrugs shoulders)"

i didn't play much attention to the game since DMC 3 was still new to me at the time

but i did end up hearing about DmC's Sparda
and i though "well that can't be right they wouldn't just make Sparda a complete chump like that"

so much later i got the game not knowing what to expect
and aside from what they did to Sparda (which enraged me to no end)

i though the game was pretty good
the story i didn't really pay much attention to so it didn't bother me at first

be then i replayed the game to get all the achievements
and i noticed the more i replayed the game the less and less i liked it

the game was just not challenging what so ever
i'm forced to watch the 1st half of a bunch of cutscenes since the game loads so much
and all the bosses felt far too scripted and underwhelming

i don't want to dislike DmC but every time i play it
i find something else i don't like about the game

Top Bottom