• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
So I said awhile back I would not get the DE because I was P.O.ed over not being able to get DMC4's SE. But I finally got a PS4 and decided that I wanted a DMC game for it. Now I've only played a little of the first level and a little bit of Vergil's Downfall. But I've just gotta say, while I may still be mixed on the characters and story (It's not that they are terrible, I can see what they were going for, I just preferred the original characters and setting) the gameplay and visuals are way better. First of all, I'm glad that the lock on was back. But it just looked so so so much better then the original release. Everything's just so much more fluid I was amazed. It may be early, but so far, I think they've pushed what I considered a 7-7.5/10 game to a solid 8/10.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Well, when it comes to DmC, PC or current really is the way to go. I don't think I'll ever play it again on 360 or PS3, the difference is just too much for me to handle. :)

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
nice to know that.. i'm still hoping for a sequel and i hope it will please more original fans.. and once you go turbo you can't go normal..

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Well, when it comes to DmC, PC or current really is the way to go. I don't think I'll ever play it again on 360 or PS3, the difference is just too much for me to handle. :)
I can see that, I only played the PS3 version until now, and it just feels like a better game. I was just surprised at how much more fluid everything was. I also like the little tweaks they did with the gameplay. The also fixed the style meter (PS3 version, lowest rank I had on a mission was S, now I'm getting mostly Cs lol least it's honest with me). Also I made this post before I turned on turbo mode.

I beat both the main game and Vergil's Downfall.
Wow, I think they took people complaining about Vergil being too easy (A view I shared) to heart. On one hand you don't HAVE to be devil triggered to get the final blow. But his doppelganger doesn't go away, and doesn't HAVE to mimic him, it can still attack even while you're attacking Vergil. Took me about 6 tries. Not as many as Hollow Vergil though (Though that was mostly because I had trouble deciding when to dodge Hollow Vergil's Summoned Swords).
So all in all, the gameplay and visuals are a lot more fluid. One complaint I had about the initial release how in several cutscenes the textures were not fully rendered, that was fixed. There were some tweaks to to the cutscenes. Now after Lilith says to Mundus "The word is at last your bitch" it now cuts to Mundus starring out the window. Also a whole new cutscene I really loved that they added at the beginning of mission 16, as Kat is coming too. We hear Dante telling Vergil off because of the people that were hurt after he killed Lilith and Mundus' child (Another thing I criticized about the original release, they never called Vergil out on his actions. It also explained how Kat was able to plan out their route through Mundus' lair, since she wondered around in spirit form). One I'm kinda mixed on, at the end instead of cutting too a close up of Dante's eyes turning red. Dante and Kat start to walk away, and Dante slides his hand down to0 grab Kat's @$$. I think I kinda like the original ending better.
Only gripe I have with the gameplay, or rather the controls. They made the lock on button the button I'm use to using for evasion lol, nah I got use to it after awhile. They style meter's also been tweaked, my scores may be lower, but at-least it's honest with me.
All in all, while I still prefer the original characters and setting. They did improve on the game quite a bit They took a game that I considered 7.5/10 to 8.5/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom