• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition Gameplay Only Thread!

Khundy

Berserker
Still the DT meter takes forever without it. also I see what you did there "Taunts ain't ****." hahahah

Khundy

Berserker
Sorry for the double. I think that trigger issue is a personal taste. I found the game play easier either way, but i do feel like they missed an apportunity for two trigger versions since he isn't human any more.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Sorry for the double. I think that trigger issue is a personal taste. I found the game play easier either way, but i do feel like they missed an apportunity for two trigger versions since he isn't human any more.

True, but hey, maybe next time. (if it ever gets a sequel)

GregaMan

I made some notes about this one, in case anyone's interested. BTW guys, please let me know if I'm doing formatting things, etc. that don't jive with the rules here.

Notes:

• Footage is a mixture of the Xbox One and PS4 versions.
  • Music track is "Barbas Theme" off the DmC Noisia soundtrack.
  • 0:25 - Triple Angel Evade. This is new to Definitive Edition
  • 0:28 - Circling Osiris Streak - This was technically doable before, but much more practical to execute with the manual lock-on--pretty much works no matter what, as long as you're locked on.
  • 0:40 - Caliber chasing. Doable without manual lock-on, but the hard tracking makes it a more reliable/exploitable(?) technique. Try it out and do cool things!
  • 0:44 - Another crazy circling Osiris Streak.
  • 0:56 - The action syncing up with the music here is what we call a "happy accident."
  • 1:05 - Dodging to the side while locked onto an enemy will cause Dante to circle around the enemy, allowing all sorts of new tactics. Note the reduced input time for the Stinger, allowing me to dodge and sting all in one fluid motion. Dreamrunner doesn't know what hit him.

Gbraga

So good. I wish trillion stabs was doable the DMC4 way, but I think it'll be mashing only. Oh well.

I'll preorder it on PSN, release the kraken already.

Jacky

Awesome
At least it's a good thing that in most DE videos i have watched, most of the people are still saying positive and good things especially about this version of DmC, people still like it and that's what matters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
At least it's a good thing that in most DE videos i have watched, most of the people are still saying positive and good things especially about this version of DmC, people still like it and that's what matters

Go to youtube and watch the fire burn.

GF9000000Returns

The comment section is full so much bitching from fanboys its ridiculous

"WHERE'S TEH DMC4:SE GAMEPLEH?! WIT TEH REYAL DANTE?!" "I DON'T CAYAH ABOUT DIS STOOPID CRAP GAME!" "HAHAHAAA NT STILL NOT GETTING MAH MONEHH!"

Yeah, hopefully if there's a DmC2 there'll be one. L3 can be angel mode, R3 can be demon mode, and click both L3 and R3...maybe a full power nephilim mixture? That'd be cool.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
"Angel Trigger"

This is how I see it.

When Vergil takes back his other half and seals off his heart, he, in his mind, becomes Pure. Godlike. A living Angel.

He's a corrupt Angel who has taken on the divine act of resurrection and the "divine" power of hell. He said that being a demon was "what power is all about" to Eva (paraphrased).

So, while Dante sees power as merely a means to achieve his goals (defeat evil and defend humanity), he becomes more "demonic" because he'll do anything to see it through.

Even if it means performing an Act of Pure Evil itself (slaying his own brethren, Vergil). He becomes a demon by sealing off his own Angelic traits to get the job done, no matter how monstrous he himself has to be in order to do it.

[An Act of Pure Malice itself, sealing off Dante's Angel side because he had to become the thing he hated most -- a Pure Demon -- in order to stop his brother from taking away humanity's freedom. A Devil of Enlightenment. A Light Demon.]

Vergil, on the other hand, initially wants to protect humanity, and is willing to do so at any cost, including his life; thus making him an official "Angelic Martyr."

[An Act of Pure Righteousness -- giving up your own life because you honestly believe you're protecting humanity. A Dark Angel.]

He dies, then journeys through hell as an act of Divine Retribution. He still sees himself, in the right, as an Angel, only this time, using demonic power to raise himself above all else.

Vergil then resurrects through sheer will power alone. A few humans have done so in the past (who have been declared dead), but Vergil is the only being capable of doing it consciously.

Thus, Vergil becomes a Pure Angel; aloof, seeing himself as completely in the right, and willing to seal off any emotion in order to achieve his own goals

[Meanwhile, Dante embraces the rage in his heart in order to achieve his own goals -- however, Dante achieves his Pure Demon Status through Angelic Power -- achieving Ultimate Goodness through an Act of Evil.]

[Dante hates the world around him, thus creating a "Quicksilver-World" DT -- Vergil hates himself because he felt unloved by his parents and believes that he needs more power in order to be "worthy" -- thus he creates a powered up, ideal mirror-image of himself to define his very being.]

In short, Vergil achieves Divinity through Darkness, while Dante achieves Depravity through Enlightenment.

Vergil is the Angel (God?) Trigger, while Dante is the Devil (Azazael?) Trigger.

[Yamato: Japanese Tradition and Obedience -- Rebellion: Rising Up against Overprotective Overlords.]

[Also, Vergil only calls it a "Devil Trigger" because he himself has misnamed it on purpose. In his mind, "Devil" sounds cooler, thus appealing to his Angelic vanity (as you can see in DmC, most demons don't care all that much about their looks). It's an Angel Trigger, pure and simple.]

Two Living Supernatural Paradoxes, ready to face each other down in DmC2.

*DmC2 gets cancelled*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :'(

Last edited:
Top Bottom