• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition Gameplay Only Thread!

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Taunts are for people who don't know how to Style in between combos. I can connect my own combos without the taunts just fine, thank you.

Besides, Hardcore Mode ensures that the Style meter will be a lot more difficult to deal with from here on in -- so it's just a matter of coming up with your own personal solution amid the combos themselves.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Is it really, "pure evil", when he had a very good reason to do so?
Yeah, I honestly think it is. The path to hell is paved with good intentions. You have to know when to stop, I would think. Drawing a line could make all the difference.

Edit:

See, here's the thing: Dante and Vergil have both gotten along and loved each other when they were young. They most likely grew to love each other after they were reintroduced to one another when Vergil asked that they meet again.

Severing a connection like that so extremely could very well be considered "Evil."

"Depraved."

Given into complete Madness.

Dante could've always just imprisoned Vergil, but he chose to go for the kill, instead, releasing the demon within and making his hair permanently white.

It was only through Kat's intervention that he managed to stop and control the demon at the very last second before giving into complete "Depravity."

However, by that time it was "too late." Dante had already made the physical (but not "Spiritual") transformation because you can see it in his hair and his mannerisms afterwards.

"I don't know what I am anymore."

He is Lost.

A Lost Soul. All because he had to go for the extreme and try to kill his brother permanently (attempted murder still makes a person demonic, so imagine what it had done to Dante after trying to do so with his own brother).

... Until the sequel, anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

However, in the heat of the moment, one could see how Dante had thought that Vergil would be capable of escaping whatever prison Dante put him into (since Dante himself had managed to escape, as well).

So, as cliche as this sounds (my previous posts have been mostly cliche, I know) killing was a necessary evil.

Dante had to put his himself into the filth of his own potential insanity and come out of it without losing his own humanity to it in the process.

A formidable feat, any way you try to slice it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my humble opinion, he could've very well lost control and went after Kat, as well; especially since she was yelled at (aggressively) by Vergil for interrupting him, even after all their years of (romantic?) friendship.

Dante looked at her with... I don't even know what when Kat asked that he stop. He looked as if he might've lost control there.

But he didn't. Dante performed the Necessary Evil and sacrificed his own Angelic traits for the freedom of humanity.

Not for the "good" of humanity like Vergil said, but the the "freedom" of humanity.

Dante knew that he was better off letting the humans take care of themselves, and that he was better off killing (or attempting to kill) his brother because he knew he had to show his brother (who was the ringleader up until that point) that he was serious, and that he had to make sure Vergil knew that Dante would stop at nothing to ensure humanity's free rights.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Already better then DMC3's Vergil and DMC4 Dante's dark slayer. HELL YES :D
'Than,' not 'Then'...:eek:

Anyway. I have nothing against the moves and how they differ from DS style but the animation for Vergil leaves me less than impressed. For example, the dive kick just doesn't have the same momentum as the DMC3 dive kicks. That and a few others make it feel a bit less impressive than OG Vergil. Besides that and the less than stellar costume selection, namely no costume from the main campaign, I think it's the best part of the whole game.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
'Than,' not 'Then'...:eek:

Anyway. I have nothing against the moves and how they differ from DS style but the animation for Vergil leaves me less than impressed. For example, the dive kick just doesn't have the same momentum as the DMC3 dive kicks. That and a few others make it feel a bit less impressive than OG Vergil. Besides that and the less than stellar costume selection, namely no costume from the main campaign, I think it's the best part of the whole game.

Yeeeeeah I don't give a flying hoot. I like it. :wink:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeeeeeah I don't give a flying hoot.
I'm sorry but I cannot condone such blatant disregard for the English language, or any language. I am disappointed.:frown:

I like it. :wink:
And you like to abuse the English language, too!? Stop your evil ways before you cannot stop. Sure, now it's just using 'Then' instead of 'Than' but before you know it you'll be using 'There,' 'They're' and 'Their' in the wrong context and not even carrying.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm sorry but I cannot condone such blatant disregard for the English language, or any language. I am disappointed.:frown:

And you like to abuse the English language, too!? Stop your evil ways before you cannot stop. Sure, now it's just using 'Then' instead of 'Than' but before you know it you'll be using 'There,' 'They're' and 'Their' in the wrong context and not even carrying.

Thou hath been enraged. Please amuse me, kind sir. For I will indulge upon your suffering.

Top Bottom