• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
You want an ending with no room for sequels?

Because that's really what the Vanilla DmC ending was, an ending that was open to interpretation and possible sequels.
It's not so much how it ended, but WHERE it ended. I understand it's probably the biggest nit-pick I can find with the plot, but I really didn't think ending the story with Dante and Kat perched over a burning city overrun with demons was the best place to put it. Personally, I would've liked an after-credits scene in the same vein as the one from Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent, where you see Dante suit up and head off to fight off the new demonic threat that's been unleashed.

But that's just me, though. If Ninja Theory decides to put something else entirely, that actually aids the story in a different way, I'm all up for it. That's probably more than Capcom is going to do with Devil May Cry 4's Special Edition.

Exejpgwmv

It's not so much how it ended, but WHERE it ended. I understand it's probably the biggest nit-pick I can find with the plot, but I really didn't think ending the story with Dante and Kat perched over a burning city overrun with demons was the best place to put it. Personally, I would've liked an after-credits scene in the same vein as the one from Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent, where you see Dante suit up and head off to fight off the new demonic threat that's been unleashed.

But that's just me, though. If Ninja Theory decides to put something else entirely, that actually aids the story in a different way, I'm all up for it. That's probably more than Capcom is going to do with Devil May Cry 4's Special Edition.
Understandable.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Yea, it was a little anti-climatic with how abruptly the credits just started showing.

For fun, I imagine this. After Kat comforts Dante, you see them walking away from the battle ground where Dante notices his new look in the mirror. His white hair and red demonic eyes slowly fading back to normal. Brushing his hand through his hair, "You know, I think I could get use to this."

Suddenly, we find ourselves seeing a small time skip and the demons still causing problems for a city that's trying to rebuild. On a city street with a liquor shop named "Redgrave's Wholesale Liquor",(yes, it looks virtually identical to Devil May Cry) a For Sale sign is visible in the window and the camera slowly zooms in.

You hear some kind of ruckus going on in the building. A demon just quickly crashed through the window out in to the street. Its pinned to the ground by Rebellion sticking out of its chest. From the demon's point of view, there's Dante standing in the window with a demon under his arm and a bottle of liquor in the other. He's wearing a red coat and his hair is a tad longer.

He takes a sip from the bottle of booze in his hand, "Look, you're not in Limbo anymore, and if you're gonna go around thinking you can throw your crazy parties wherever you want in my town," he smashes the bottle in to the demon's eye socket and throws it to the ground with the object popping out the back of its skull, "You best make sure I get the invite!"

He slowly walks over to the demon as it's frantically trying to lift Dante's sword from its chest. It makes a loud screeching sound which signals an alert to other demons. They start popping out from behind street corners and rooftops all around them. Dante rips Rebellion upwards through the demon's chest splitting its face in half silencing the creature for good.

As the demons start to gather around, Dante throws Rebellion over his shoulder analyzing the pack. They suddenly go on the attack where Dante just softly speaks, "Let's rock".

DmC: Devil May Cry

Roll credits.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Yea, it was a little anti-climatic with how abruptly the credits just started showing.

For fun, I imagine this. After Kat comforts Dante, you see them walking away from the battle ground where Dante notices his new look in the mirror. His white hair and red demonic eyes slowly fading back to normal. Brushing his hand through his hair, "You know, I think I could get use to this."

Suddenly, we find ourselves seeing a small time skip and the demons still causing problems for a city that's trying to rebuild. On a city street with a liquor shop named "Redgrave's Wholesale Liquor",(yes, it looks virtually identical to Devil May Cry) a For Sale sign is visible in the window and the camera slowly zooms in.

You hear some kind of ruckus going on in the building. A demon just quickly crashed through the window out in to the street. Its pinned to the ground by Rebellion sticking out of its chest. From the demon's point of view, there's Dante standing in the window with a demon under his arm and a bottle of liquor in the other. He's wearing a red coat and his hair is a tad longer.

He takes a sip from the bottle of booze in his hand, "Look, you're not in Limbo anymore, and if you're gonna go around thinking you can throw your crazy parties wherever you want in my town," he smashes the bottle in to the demon's eye socket and throws it to the ground with the object popping out the back of its skull, "You best make sure I get the invite!"

He slowly walks over to the demon as it's frantically trying to lift Dante's sword from its chest. It makes a loud screeching sound which signals an alert to other demons. They start popping out from behind street corners and rooftops all around them. Dante rips Rebellion upwards through the demon's chest splitting its face in half silencing the creature for good.

As the demons start to gather around, Dante throws Rebellion over his shoulder analyzing the pack. They suddenly go on the attack where Dante just softly speaks, "Let's rock".

Roll credits.

......Wow.

I need to change my pants now

Devil Player

Actually, DmC had a decent ending...

I mean, Dante claims he's protecting humans now. Kat will probably help him. Vergil left Dante, knowing Dante was stronger than him. So, we know Vergil put his tail between his legs, while Dante may hunt demons as part of his job.

Major problem ( not in a bad way ) is called Vergil's Downfall. That created a huge cliffhanger, given the fact that Vergil will now try to get his revenge against Dante.

It sucks if we don't get a DmC sequel to cover up that huge cliffhanger. Oh well, maybe Vergil's Downfall works as a sequel ( it happens after DmC, so it's a sequel anyway ).

Is Ninja Theory still working with Capcom?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud

Roll credits.
Apply for a job at Ninja Theory. Now. We NEED this ending.

Wait...hold up---I just remembered. It's missing one thing: proper end credits music...

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014

Roll credits.

Um. Yes.

I actually think that with this ending, I'd be way more okay if a DmC sequel was never made.

(However, reality's different and I need my sequel.)

sssensational

Supporter 2014
I would have Dante look in a mirror & recall that "not in a million years" scene and laugh.

I'm not really into the older Devil May Cry games, but I couldn't really stand that moment. I don't know what they were going for with that line, but if I was a hardcore DMC fan, I'd be offended. I always skip that cutscene. :)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I would have Dante look in a mirror & recall that "not in a million years" scene and laugh.
omg this.

That would be hilarious. I'd be laughing at all the internet reactions out there...

"THASH HORFENSHIV."

"EFF NINJUH THEEREE."

"BOYCOTT KAPKOMM."

"MUH WHYT HURR."

-----------------------------------------------------------

I love that scene. Every time I see it, I can't help but think of all the fanboy reactions it caused and start laughing uncontrollably.

All I would change is the comedic timing. As soon as the wig lands on his head, he'd immediately look in the mirror and say "What...?"

Then after looking at it for a split second (because the monster is still after him) he would then say, "not in a million years."

Then at the end of the game, he'd look at himself in another mirror while passing by and say it again while laughing at the irony of it all while slowly shaking his head and walking away.

Also, anyone who likes that scene deserves a follow. So... there you go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, I facepalm so hard whenever I watch a vid and I still hear fans crying about that one scene... -_-

It doesn't matter. If it wasn't for that, then they'd surely find something else to complain about.

It's just another reason to dislike a game that they were never willing to give the benefit of the doubt to begin with, in my honest opinion.

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Seriously, I facepalm so hard whenever I watch a vid and I still hear fans crying about that one scene... -_-

I haven't really seen anyone complain about that scene (but I tend to avoid comment sections). I do have to say that I'm annoyed by the fact that when I mention DmC the first thing people think about is Dante's f-bomb interaction with Succubus. I didn't hate the scene, I thought it was quite funny. But it doesn't define the entire game.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I haven't really seen anyone complain about that scene (but I tend to avoid comment sections). I do have to say that I'm annoyed by the fact that when I mention DmC the first thing people think about is Dante's f-bomb interaction with Succubus. I didn't hate the scene, I thought it was quite funny. But it doesn't define the entire game.

They identify DmC with "F*ck you" like they define DMC1 with "Fill your dark soul with liiight!", or DMC4 with the Lucifer scene.

Don't pay too much attention to it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm not really into the older Devil May Cry games, but I couldn't really stand that moment. I don't know what they were going for with that line, but if I was a hardcore DMC fan, I'd be offended. I always skip that cutscene. :)

Y'know fans say that word "offended" but I don't think they really understand the gravity of the word. To me offensive is being attacked because of your race, sex, gender, etc. through verbal abuse or other actions that hurt you deeply.

Here it was just a tongue in cheek joke that people just moaned and cried about. As John Constantine would say;
tumblr_nfyu0zS3zB1s5gy1lo1_500.jpg

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Roll credits.

dL6oJnR.gif

Also *GIGANTIC FAKE COUGH* :whistle:

Top Bottom