• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC and RE4 endings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Vergilissexy;65937 said:
Hehe, it would still be nice to see Leon and Dante hang out, mabey pick up some chicks together.

Im alittle confused Tony. Are you saying that DMC1 IS the original design for RE4. I believe I heard that somewhere before.

I also heard from Ilovevergil that Dante's or should I say the twins design was originally Leon's or vice versa I can't remember. Either way, they all turned out incredibly hott with their own individual facial features.

Well. The truth is Resident Evil 4 was about to be made shortly after Resident Evil 3, which as you see now, it did not. The reason for that is not that they were lazy but quite the opposite. The first Resident Evil 4 failed attempt was Devil May Cry 1 (thanks goodness for that). The hero's name was Tony Redgrave. The girl in the game looked like Trish. Another fellow in it looked like Nelo Angelo (in the human head) but without the red eyes and those weird scars. (Back then you could easily find screenshots of that but now it's nearly impossible).
The thing is that the game had a creepy castle in a mysterious island. (As you can see both titles have this, although Resident Evil 4 as we know it divided the castle and the island into two different locations)

The character, Tony was some kind of investigator, but I cannot quite remember what brought him to that place. They kept Dante that investigating thingy in Devil May Cry 1 as you can "speak" in almost every object and see Dante's thoughts about it as well.

As the game undergo further experiment, it turned out that it was going further away from Resident Evil style, and after some sort of events it changed it's title to Devil May Cry, zombies became devils, weapons included devil arms, etc etc.

Leon and Dante though should not have as much similarity as Leon's design was established in Resident Evil 2 (1998) while Dante's was made at 2001. However, Leon's character DID undergo some changes from RE2 to RE4. He became more reliable, cooler and more of a quick thinker. But since Resident Evil 4 wasn't meaning to have Leon from the start, I cannot be sure of what the relationship he and Dante share.

Thank goodness though that this happened. Not only we got Devil May Cry and Dante thanks to this, but also Resident Evil 4 featured Leon (and Ada), my favorite RE character as he is in the only two RE titles I've played:lol:

Zem

yea DMC was origionaly gonna be RE4, but Dante was just too bad @$$. in the RE 4 that DMC would have been dante wouldn't have been leon but a new character.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Tony_Redgrave;65955 said:
Well. The truth is Resident Evil 4 was about to be made shortly after Resident Evil 3, which as you see now, it did not. The reason for that is not that they were lazy but quite the opposite. The first Resident Evil 4 failed attempt was Devil May Cry 1 (thanks goodness for that). The hero's name was Tony Redgrave. The girl in the game looked like Trish. Another fellow in it looked like Nelo Angelo (in the human head) but without the red eyes and those weird scars. (Back then you could easily find screenshots of that but now it's nearly impossible).
The thing is that the game had a creepy castle in a mysterious island. (As you can see both titles have this, although Resident Evil 4 as we know it divided the castle and the island into two different locations)

The character, Tony was some kind of investigator, but I cannot quite remember what brought him to that place. They kept Dante that investigating thingy in Devil May Cry 1 as you can "speak" in almost every object and see Dante's thoughts about it as well.

As the game undergo further experiment, it turned out that it was going further away from Resident Evil style, and after some sort of events it changed it's title to Devil May Cry, zombies became devils, weapons included devil arms, etc etc.

Leon and Dante though should not have as much similarity as Leon's design was established in Resident Evil 2 (1998) while Dante's was made at 2001. However, Leon's character DID undergo some changes from RE2 to RE4. He became more reliable, cooler and more of a quick thinker. But since Resident Evil 4 wasn't meaning to have Leon from the start, I cannot be sure of what the relationship he and Dante share.

Thank goodness though that this happened. Not only we got Devil May Cry and Dante thanks to this, but also Resident Evil 4 featured Leon (and Ada), my favorite RE character as he is in the only two RE titles I've played:lol:

*Sniffle* You're...so...intelligent.

I love all RE games, I've been a RE fan since the first one. And I AM TIRED of people b**ching about RE4 saying it wasn't Resident Evil and hating on Leon simply because he can dodge attacks the way he does. Dude, if a guy with a chest stabing penis attacked me, id want to be able to dodge him.

Some people say it's unrelistic and not possible...dude, the whole idea of all the Resident Evil games are unrelistic and not possible. :p Some say it's now an action hero game. NO, it's STILL survival horror, Capcom just made adjustments.

Anyways, I agree with you guys, I loved the way it turned out in the end.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Vergilissexy;66042 said:
I love all RE games, I've been a RE fan since the first one. And I AM TIRED of people b**ching about RE4 saying it wasn't Resident Evil and hating on Leon simply because he can dodge attacks the way he does. Dude, if a guy with a chest stabing penis attacked me, id want to be able to dodge him.

Some people say it's unrelistic and not possible...dude, the whole idea of all the Resident Evil games are unrelistic and not possible. :p Some say it's now an action hero game. NO, it's STILL survival horror, Capcom just made adjustments.

I've heard bad things about it too. But to be honest, it's my favorite Resident Evil. I may have not played many, but I did not think of anything bad in the game. I don't know what unrealistic is supposed to be in a game with monsters, just like you said:p
And Leon rules, hands down.

*Sniffle* You're...so...intelligent.

Thankies^^but I was just lucky to get that information, nothing more;)

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Tony_Redgrave;66045 said:
I've heard bad things about it too. But to be honest, it's my favorite Resident Evil. I may have not played many, but I did not think of anything bad in the game. I don't know what unrealistic is supposed to be in a game with monsters, just like you said:p
And Leon rules, hands down.
Seriously. BTW how long have you been a RE fan?

Thankies^^but I was just lucky to get that information, nothing more;)
Yeah, but you always seem to have a reliable source of info on everything. :D

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Vergilissexy;66054 said:
Seriously. BTW how long have you been a RE fan?

Since 1999. My cousin had Resident Evil 2 on PC and I got to play it. Sadly, every Resident Evil after that were only for other consoles except Playstation 2. I bought Resident Evil Survivor 2 only to find out that it's a crappy shoot'em up which sucked since every mission had a time limit:p , but was fortunate enough to find and buy RE4 last year^_^

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Cool, so at least you do know what the original ones were like and how some people can actualy have the nerve to complain about the improvement.

REGirlfan

Vergilissexy;65373 said:
That would be incredible! See im not the only one that thinks Leon and the twins could exist in the same universe. :p

Before anyone saids that Leon would instantly get whooped by demons in the DMC world, take the time to think about it lad. Lady is a human, but a demon slayer. Leon is a human, but a zombie slayer, or a monster slayer, whatever. Lady's got the moves, and she has fast reflexes allowing her to dodge fatal blows. Leon's got the moves, and has fast reflexes allowing him to dodge fatal attacks. Lady weilds guns, Leon weilds guns. Lady weilds a rocket launcher, Leon weilds a rocket launcher.

Do I need to say more?

ya know now that u mentioned it leon looks like dante and nero?somehow strange

Fate Ryku

The Dark Knight
*lost in all this* ....so is Dante Leon or Leon Dante?
What if Dante is Superman, that would explain nothing!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
No one:| Dante is Dante and Leon is Leon:|
Leon was created in 1999 as the male protagonist of RE2 and returned in RE4.
Dante in 2001 to fit Hideki Kamiya's vision of a "cool and stylish" man, his personality was based on the titular character of manga series Cobra.

Nothing more, nothing less;)

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
But...ILV said she read on wikipedia that Dante was soppose to be Leon's original design or vice versa. I know we can't really rely on wikipedia, but it's something to think about.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well as DMC was supposed to be RE4 it's natural to think that Dante was supposed to be Leon. But is not the case since, when DMC was still RE4, the main character was not Leon but someone else. If this character existed now in RE4, then maybe we could say that he is "Dante" in some sense. But Leon is an older character than Dante who returned. Nothing to do with Dante at all;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom