• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

DarkSlayerVergil

@LordOfDarkness
Maybe it's the constant fighting that made him go whoo-hoo and become upbeat again? Or maybe he's still depressed and is suffering a mental breakdown (he kind of looks like that way tbh).

Or maybe Capcom just wants to ignore the fact that he acted like a serious person in 1 and 2.
This is honestly the only legitimate issue about DMC5 trailer I have. The fact that it shows Dante as still having that cocky devil may care attitude making it feels as though fans are just complacent with Dante never developing past that into what he is in 2. Hell they could of ended the trailer having speed through the street with the melancholy like expression he had in 2 and I would of been ok.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Dante never developing past that into what he is in 2.

How do you know that's not gonna happen at the end of this game though? By now it seems pretty obvious it's set between 4 and 2 so for all we know, this game could be the bridge between the two.

And to be honest, some time ago I would have been all up for a game taking place after 2 but honestly, nowadays, not if Dante is in it as anything more than a cameo. Cause they'd have to make him all grumpy and gloomy and boring and looking dead inside again like he was in that game and to hell with that (pun intended this time). DMC2 is a narrative dead end for Dante, imo.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Why does it make little sense? Time has passed, it could be any amount, enough for Dante to grow a dumb beard; for Nero to have lost his arm; for all hell to break loose in a city. Dante is also driving what looks to be a form of Pandora, because it certainly doesn't look like the generic blue bike he had at the end of DMC2.

They stated it was a direct sequel to DMC4 because it literally chronologically follows the events of the fourth entry, it doesn't matter how much time is between the fourth and fifth. If it did take place after DMC2, they would call it a sequel to that installment. Dante driving down the road on a motorcycle certainly evokes a memory of DMC2's ending, but he's probably not appearing straight from getting out of hell, considering his outfit looks nothing like DMC2's (nor does the bike).

Yeah I didn’t mean to snap at you like that. I just felt like my intelligence was being insulted.

You’re probably right, and I did say earlier I was reaching a lot. I was hoping it would be set after 2, but ah who cares? We got a 5 man!

We cool bro? :)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Something silly just occurred to me. What if that black guy at the start was supposed to be Morrison.

DarkSlayerVergil

How do you know that's not gonna happen at the end of this game though? By now it seems pretty obvious it's set between 4 and 2 so for all we know, this game could be the bridge between the two.

And to be honest, some time ago I would have been all up for a game taking place after 2 but honestly, nowadays, not if Dante is in it as anything more than a cameo. Cause they'd have to make him all grumpy and gloomy and boring and looking dead inside again like he was in that game and to hell with that (pun intended this time). DMC2 is a narrative dead end for Dante, imo.
While true we still haven't had much knowledge into DMCV's story and how it evolves in the end but after DmC I can see them simply playing it safe. Also I'm not asking for Dante to be super depressed or anything like that just a bit more serious when the time calls for it is all.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Also I'm not asking for Dante to be super depressed or anything like that just a bit more serious when the time calls for it is all.

Then I guess we'll have to wait for another trailer, hoping they don't focus so much on Nero this time and give us the chance to take a real look at how Dante behaves in the actual story.

If the leaks are anything to go by, and some of them have already been proven true, he's supposed to be more serious in this one, while still maintaining his fun loving attitude. If I remember correctly, that's how they put it.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@TWOxACROSS @LordOfDarkness Unless, of course, they're retconning the whole DMC2 thing (like others have theorized). That might be justifiable cause for the difference in Dante's bike and his apparel being much the same as it was in 4. Assuming, of course, they're not acting like DMC2 didn't happen at all.

Either way, I'm sure when the game comes out, the matter will be put to bed.

Edit: Crap, didn't realize there was another page until after I posted. Guess that conclusion was already reached. ^^;

Gray Knight

Do you think the bike will be a Devil Arm in default gameplay or just a change of gameplay like the plane was in DMC 1?

While I'm slowly warming up the robot arms (Devil Breakers), part of does hope Nero can regain his Devil Bringer somehow.
I don't expect it to happen though as regaining the Bringer may lock out the new Devil Breaker gameplay from future installments and regress the character change they decided to make.
I just feel that the Devil Bringer itself had some more potential to tap before the switch to Devil Breaker.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I do wonder how Nero's Devil Trigger is going to look considering both the Devil Bringer and the Yamato heavily influenced the design.

Also, I'm curious if they'll stick to one DT for Dante or go back to 3's idea of having the weapon you're using change the form.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I do wonder how Nero's Devil Trigger is going to look considering both the Devil Bringer and the Yamato heavily influenced the design.

Also, I'm curious if they'll stick to one DT for Dante or go back to 3's idea of having the weapon you're using change the form.

Maybe he won’t have a Devil Trigger? I know at this point it’s a standard thing in the series, but maybe his DT will just be used to increase health and execute a really powerful move with the Devil Breaker?

As for Dante, that would be great if they went back to it changing forms depending on the weapon.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Sooo, on a technical level (speaking Hardware and such) do you guys think, it'll be comparable to RE7?
I read RE7 runs on 60fps even on normal PS4's, since I'm afraid the game will suffer because of all the PS4 Pro stuff.
Same thing with PC (gotta check if I can run RE7, might give me a hint to if it'll run on my now pretty old rig or not)

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Alright thanks to @Foxtrot94 I went to go through the Music Video for Devil Trigger Frame by Frame.
In points it's really shot like a Horror Movie (and kinda Claustrophobic really).
There is also a pretty big emphasis on Arms (nothing special because it's Neros Theme)

Anyway, there were a couple of shots (some really just a few frames long) that caught my attention:0
devil_trigger_shots_by_erian1mortal-dce9rsz.png

All these shots of skeletons and the focus on the arm, coupled with the Lyrics:

The darkest of night falls around my soul
And the hunter within loses control
Gotta let it out

Gotta let it out
Gotta let it out
Gotta let it out

This demon inside has a hold of me
Clenching its power trying to break free
Gotta let it out
Gotta let it out
Gotta let it out
Gotta let it out
Move fast baby, don't be slow
Step aside, reload, time to go
I can't seem to control
All this rage that's inside me
Hold it fast, they've been dancing on this
Branded by fire on the abyss
Red hot temper,
I just can't resist
All this vengeance inside me

All of these thoughts running through my head
I'm on fire, face burning red
Frustration is getting bigger
Bang bang bang Pull my Devil Trigger

Embrace the darkness that's within me
No hiding in the shadows anymore
When this wickedness consumes me
Nothing can save you

And there's no way out I'm a wildfire you won't tame
Not even my temper can put out the flame
There's no way to contain
This storm swelling inside me

I'm a bomb you can't defuse
I would just accept you're going to lose
Can't turn down, I refuse
To hold back anymore

All of these voices inside of my head
Blinding my sight in a curtain of red

When on I dance, it's not over
Weave right through to get closer
Like a silver bullet piercing through
I throw myself into you

All of these voices inside of my head
Blinding my sight in a curtain of red

Leads me to believe that V might be something that either came from the Devil Bringer (like Vergil for example) or he is Neros Brother (looking at that photoframe), who either surfaced or has been resurrected or something.

windleopard

So did the Order of the Sword get dissolved since Nero seems to working for DMC?

Hope we see Trish, Lady and Lucia.

Top Bottom