• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 might not be from NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerIsDeadFor Real

Well that's a disappointment.

Not only will DmC2 be ruined by Capcom's poor writing skills and lack luster fashion, lines, and real character development, but now they're starting to be real cynical with it. I mean, why say you wanted a reboot if you're just gonna take it back after one game? I really don't care how happy any of you feel about this, but I think capcom's making the same mistake they did with DMC but this time, after one game. They'll probably make DmC2 more like a DMC5, which would be not so good since Capcom has flaws. But if they had maybe Tameen overlooking the story's plot, and keep the style and fashion of DmC in tact, then I'd be satisfied. If not, then this'll just be DMC4 all over again, and I'm just getting into DmC, I don't want it to end that quickly.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training

Not only will DmC2 be ruined by Capcom's poor writing skills and lack luster fashion, lines, and real character development, but now they're starting to be real cynical with it. I mean, why say you wanted a reboot if you're just gonna take it back after one game? I really don't care how happy any of you feel about this, but I think capcom's making the same mistake they did with DMC but this time, after one game. They'll probably make DmC2 more like a DMC5, which would be not so good since Capcom has flaws. But if they had maybe Tameen overlooking the story's plot, and keep the style and fashion of DmC in tact, then I'd be satisfied. If not, then this'll just be DMC4 all over again, and I'm just getting into DmC, I don't want it to end that quickly.
True. It makes no sense to send the game to be made by an otuside developer because Capcom wanted a change of style, art and story, only to take the game back and effectively turn it into what it once was....which is what they did not want in the first place.
If they want to take the game back and develop it in Japan- fine. But use NT for story ideas scrips, level design and art. Capcom can make the combat mechanics. That's the thing they do right.

KillerIsDeadFor Real

True. It makes no sense to send the game to be made by an otuside developer because Capcom wanted a change of style, art and story, only to take the game back and effectively turn it into what it once was....which is what they did not want in the first place.
If they want to take the game back and develop it in Japan- fine. But use NT for story ideas scrips, level design and art. Capcom can make the combat mechanics. That's the thing they do right.

Yeah, I think NT did a good job for their first time making a DMC gameplay experience, but Capcom should do that. Meanwhile, NT should do the story, art, level design, lines, and all that. But then, what would be the point of calling NT "game developers" if their not doing the game part?

Then again the same could be said for MGR.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
But you can call me Acorn the demon killer, has a nice ring to it don't cha think? >8D
If you're asking for a date... Forget it. Cuz I make it a point not to go out with women who shoot me in the head!

LOL Why do you assume that DmC2 is going to come out of this?

>Capcom cares about money
>DmC's sales were horrible
>The numbers speak for themselves: No one wanted DmC
>The logical business method to take would be DMC5
>DMC has been put on a long hiatus, so it's a no brainer that DMC5 would sell like hot cakes
>Capcom expresses disappointment with foreign developers
>Blames excessive outsourcing
>Takes development for DMC back to Japan
>Japanese development
>DMC1-4 were developed in Japan

...DMC5 anyone? And honestly, you give Ninja Theory too much credit. $10 says DmC wouldn't be half the game it is if Capcom wasn't there to supervise. NT has a mediocre track record. And yeah, I agree with you, Capcom needs better writers. Regardless, if they make DMC5 anything like DMC1 or DMC3, it'll be a winner.

KillerIsDeadFor Real

If you're asking for a date... Forget it. Cuz I make it a point not to go out with women who shoot me in the head!

LOL Why do you assume that DmC2 is going to come out of this?

>DMC has been put on a long hiatus, so it's a no brainer that DMC5 would sell like hot cakes
>Japanese development

...DMC5 anyone? And honestly, you give Ninja Theory too much credit. $10 says DmC wouldn't be half the game it is if Capcom wasn't there to supervise. NT has a mediocre track record. And yeah, I agree with you, Capcom needs better writers. Regardless, if they make DMC5 anything like DMC1 or DMC3, it'll be a winner.

Says you. I said I don't care how much you or anyone else kisses capcoms ass for their lack luster style. I want DmC2 to be done by the people who brought DmC to life. Not the people who messed up their first DMC series, and think they'll get a free re do out of the people who actually worked hard to bring their version of DMC to life.

That's just pathetic that Capcom would do that.

And honestly, a DMC5 doesn't seem so liekly since;

there's no definite truth that DMC5 will be seen
No real evidence that Itsuno will even go back to DMC again
most of the people who made DMC are either gone or working on other things
and Capcom has a tendency to forget about franchises.

So like I said, I don't care how much you want a DMC5. I'd like to see one too. But not before I actually see Capcom take responsibility for their actions and do a DmC2 with NT to at least finish the DmC series, so that fans would stop their whining, and Capcom could give DMC5.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Says you. I said I don't care how much you or anyone else kisses capcoms ass for their lack luster style. I want DmC2 to be done by the people who brought DmC to life. Not the people who messed up their first DMC series, and think they'll get a free re do out of the people who actually worked hard to bring their version of DMC to life.

That's just pathetic that Capcom would do that.

And honestly, a DMC5 doesn't seem so liekly since;

there's no definite truth that DMC5 will be seen
No real evidence that Itsuno will even go back to DMC again
most of the people who made DMC are either gone or working on other things
and Capcom has a tendency to forget about franchises.

So like I said, I don't care how much you want a DMC5. I'd like to see one too. But not before I actually see Capcom take responsibility for their actions and do a DmC2 with NT to at least finish the DmC series, so that fans would stop their whining, and Capcom could give DMC5.
DmC2 is never gonna happen. Deal with it. :troll: And says me that Capcom cares about money? Says me that they don't give a shyit about fans? Okay. They shat on Megaman. They won't have any problem shyitting on your precious DmC.

Says you! 8D Hideaki Itsuno: "If people are still interested in exploring the other world of DMC that exists, we'll be happy to go back to that as well. Opening one door does not mean another has to close automatically. We're leaving all options on the table, so to speak." Do your homework, kid.

No one says you have to care. But a lot of people, myself included, WOULD care if DMC5 happened. And hey, learn to be mature about subject matters. I'm not asking for your approval, so don't act like it.

And you say fans are whining, but holy shyit, you don't think they have every reason to complain? A series they loved is being DISCARDED AND REPLACED.

Btw, let me get this straight... You want them to finish DmC but NOT DMC? The series that was left unfinished in the FIRST PLACE? LMAO! This guy.

KillerIsDeadFor Real

DmC2 is never gonna happen. Deal with it. :troll:

And let me get this straight... You want them to finish DmC but NOT DMC? The series that was left unfinished in the FIRST PLACE? LMAO! This guy.

No. I want them to finish DmC then they can do whatever they want with DMC. I've played 2,3, and 4 to know they lack in a few places. 3 was them at their best, but not enough to really keep me in after playing more of it. 1 was the best IMO, but now, the creators are now in P* and it's not the same.

You don't have to be an ass by the way, you could try speaking with a little more maturity instead of being a douche.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Capcom leaving DmC unfinished.....not a surprised there...its not their first game they left unfinished.

Still waiting on a sequel Capcom. Plus there has probably been other games that never got a conclusion.

Plus MegaMan Legends 2 ended on a much more bigger cliffhanger than DmC.

They can always put it on hiatus like MegaMan Legends and after 10 years make DmC2 just so they can cancel it mid-developmen and just simply say there wasn't enough fan demand. This time I won't even get ****ed I'll probably....
tumblr_mc99xdfMqw1riahmqo1_400.gif

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Yeah, it's plain sad.

Just goes to show how Capcom can be so dickish, and just shoe horn a DMC4 copy and no one would say a thing about it. But that's what to expect.

However, you can be too mad since this seems lessly like how DMC fans felt betrayed (It wasn't betrayal. Just whining) by Capcom, who changed their favorite series into a rebooted one.

But like you, I halfly don't give a damn what Capcom does with DMC. (It could go the RE movie road and have an Alice as the main character for all I care) but I'd like to also see DmC at least have one last game to finish it off with a bang.

KillerIsDeadFor Real

Yeah, it's plain sad.

Just goes to show how Capcom can be so dickish, and just shoe horn a DMC4 copy and no one would say a thing about it. But that's what to expect.

However, you can be too mad since this seems lessly like how DMC fans felt betrayed (It wasn't betrayal. Just whining) by Capcom, who changed their favorite series into a rebooted one.

But like you, I halfly don't give a damn what Capcom does with DMC. (It could go the RE movie road and have an Alice as the main character for all I care) but I'd like to also see DmC at least have one last game to finish it off with a bang.

Maybe that could make DMC more interesting then it tries to be. Alice is a clone of Dante and we play as her the entire game. No Dante is seen, and its in a world where demons control zombies.^_^

But no, that would make it even less cool.

GF9000000Returns

Not what I've seen with DmC.

Yeah half of the reason of that is blind hate and Tameem's opinion(as much as it pains for me to say)

Yeah true, I was also a hater when I first saw the debut trialer, but looking back at DMC4 and the mistakes it made, the reboot was definitely needed imo.

Heh..at this point maybe that would work...to get the old fans and antis off NT's back.

Wh-WHAT? After the good stuff NT did with DmC, Capcom is still not satisfied? Dafuq Capcom?

I'm with you on that cuz seriously, after what they did to their supporters by milking unnecessary products, they expect forgiveness?

>Japanese development
Which I won't hold my breath after what happened with DMC4.

...DMC5 anyone? And honestly, you give Ninja Theory too much credit. $10 says DmC wouldn't be half the game it is if Capcom wasn't there to supervise. NT has a mediocre track record.
At least they know how to make good HnS games now.

And yeah, I agree with you, Capcom needs better writers. Regardless, if they make DMC5 anything like DMC1 or DMC3, it'll be a winner.

Not to me if Capcom does the same sh*t like they did with DMC4.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
DmC2 is never gonna happen. Deal with it. :troll: And says me that Capcom cares about money? Says me that they don't give a shyit about fans? Okay. They shat on Megaman. They won't have any problem shyitting on your precious DmC.
You're not capcom, neither are any of us. Until Capcom make an offical statement, we won't know either way. They also have no problem taking a steaming dump on DMC.:troll: I don't think anything is safe with Capcom unless they have a really serious talk between the higher ups and make a concrete business plan instead of leaving fans either outraged or in limbo with regard to the games that they like.

Says you! 8D Hideaki Itsuno: "If people are still interested in exploring the other world of DMC that exists, we'll be happy to go back to that as well. Opening one door does not mean another has to close automatically. We're leaving all options on the table." Do your homework, kid.Ever heard of 'saving face'? They make vague statements so that neither side are upset. Agiain, we'll have to wait for an offical announcement from Capcom now that DmC is out. They might just can DmC and DMC for all we know.

No one says you have to care. But a lot of people, myself included, WOULD care if DMC5 happened. And hey, learn to be mature about subject matters. I'm not asking for your approval, so don't act like it.
I want a DMC5, but Capcom is so shaky right now with what is does. I just want them to pull it off right, but I'm losing faith in the company.

And you say fans are whining, but holy shyit, you don't think they have every reason to complain? A series they loved is being DISCARDED AND REPLACED.You said so yourself with that quote by Itsuno that thre is still the chance that there will be another DMC. But I won't be holding my breath for it.

Btw, let me get this straight... You want them to finish DmC but NOT DMC? The series that was left unfinished in the FIRST PLACE? LMAO! This guy.
Each to their own opinion. As for me, I want both.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Yeah, let DmC and DMC coexist in perfect harmony. But please don't shoot me down for wanting something that I've been ancitipating for years now (DMC5). =/

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Geez...people all of a sudden thinks Capcom are crappy developers or can never make a good DMC/HnS game again after slightly screwing up on DMC4.

I might as well be saying PG are utter sh*t now since MGR was disappointing in almost every feature (not bad just disappointing) and that Anarchy Reigns was underwhelming (though fun) with tons of flaws/problems (....one I'm facing right now.........WTF Platinum). Now they shouldn't be making a Bayoneta 2.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yeah, let DmC and DMC coexist in perfect harmony. But please don't shoot me down for wanting something that I've been ancitipating for years now (DMC5). =/
That would be the best way. Just keep DMC and DmC going. I'd want both. I grew up with DMC, so it's special; but I'm also draw to this new world and style of DmC even though it needs polish, it shows potential and I want to see where they can go with it.
I just hope they haven't left DMC5 too late. If you factor in pre-production and production time...are we looking at another 3-4 years waiting?:O

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
That would be the best way. Just keep DMC and DmC going. I'd want both. I grew up with DMC, so it's special; but I'm also draw to this new world and style of DmC even though it needs polish, it shows potential and I want to see where they can go with it.
I just hope they haven't left DMC5 too late. If you factor in pre-production and production time...are we looking at another 3-4 years waiting?:O
Coexistence between DMC and DmC would just make everyone happy. DmC has potential, so it'd be nice to see it continue. Like you said though, it needs polish. And honestly, I'd wait an eternity for DMC5.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Then don't say a persons favorite development is mediocore, and don't get mad if someone doesn't like the same things you do.

May I refer back to the "who hates DMC4 Dante" thread and how you come at me?

Geez...people all of a sudden thinks Capcom are crappy developers or can never make a good DMC/HnS game again after slightly screwing up on DMC4.

Suddenly? That's always been my opinion on them.

I might as well be saying PG are utter sh*t now since MGR was disappointing in almost every feature (not bad just disappointing) and that Anarchy Reigns was underwhelming (though fun) with tons of flaws/problems (....one I'm facing right now.........WTF Platinum). Now they shouldn't be making a Bayoneta 2.

So you agree with me then?:troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom