• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 might not be from NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
No NT=/= no good
Honestly i dont want another dmc from capcom, ninja knows how to make good story and fun gameplay,but if they release DmC 2 not a dmc5 and its from capcom i will be annoyed that despite this being such a good game they feel they need to take it away from them.

Dante47

Guys, we all know DMC4's gameplay isn't complex and was meant for casual gamers. I mean, damn! It's so easy to stay in the air and scoring a triple S is like getting a FREE LOLIPOP! :troll:

...or piece of pizza...with no olives...
Maybe as Nero, but Dante? His move list is so incredibly complex and diverse.

EvilX-81

Have you played Darksiders 2?

No but a few of my friends have and they said the same thing. I don't need to play it to imagine how that becomes annoying.

LoL, yea, they did pad the hell out of it. At one point in your quest for this dead king guy, you are to collect his 3 generals. During that, one of the generals gives you a quest to FIND 3 SOULS, so I'm doing a quest inside a quest, and worst of all none of it does anything to expand upon the game's plot. They dropped the ball between that and the lackluster final boss.

Still, it'll keep you busy (that's for damn sure) and the gameplay is viscerally enjoyable.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Forgive me for bringing COD into the equation, but I kind of like what they have going on with the 'Modern warfare' series and the 'black ops' series. As in two developers pitch in and variate who develops what every other year. While I'm not saying that a new DMC or DmC game should be churned out every year, I feel that by having something like that, you could please both the old and the new fans. You would give people an option and it would only broaden the fanbase.

EvilX-81

Forgive me for bringing COD into the equation, but I kind of like what they have going on with the 'Modern warfare' series and the 'black ops' series. As in two developers pitch in and variate who develops what every other year. While I'm not saying that a new DMC or DmC game should be churned out every year, I feel that by having something like that, you could please both the old and the new fans. You would give people an option and it would only broaden the fanbase.

Pretty much what I'm hoping for. Or failing that, that the positive things rub off from DmC to improve the total DMC package.

Ters

Doesn't seem likely. Most Japanese players hated DmC and despite the westernization it pretty much flopped over here too. From a business standpoint there's no reason to make a DmC2 other than sheer bullheadedness.

IncarnatedDemon

Ters does say it

Which would imply living in Japan.
Yes, but just because you live in Japan and you hear like 30 people say "I dislike DmC", doesn't necessarily mean that the remaining e.g 200K DMC fans hated DmC as well.

So i wanted to know if he had more than some people saying they disliked it.

Anyway i did some digging myself and found this:
http://www.gamespot.com/unions/Blad...39/japans-top-40-most-hated-capcom-characters

I wonder how many voted in that poll.

Ters

2chan, poor sales including the worst launch of all time for a DMC-series game in Japan (less than even the first game), japanese commenters tearing into NT on that article where they compared real Dante to gay cowboys, small truestyle community, least popular iteration of Dante in fanart, etc.

IncarnatedDemon

2chan, poor sales including the worst launch of all time for a DMC-series game in Japan (less than even the first game), japanese commenters tearing into NT on that article where they compared real Dante to gay cowboys, small truestyle community, least popular iteration of Dante in fanart, etc.
Could you try to find that poll that is mentioned in the link i posted above please? I am very curious as to how many people voted.

And since you know japanese perhaps it will be easier for you to find it.

Ty if u try!

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
DmC didn't have much in its favour for being sold there. Western developer which in itself is a problem. Changing a popular character along with other things. Insulting Capcom with the gay cowboy image. Treatment of the fans....maybe a few more things too but I can't think of them right now.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
The gentleman above you is referring to the fact that the previous DMC series' storyline was left unfinished.

They'll stop crying when DMC5 comes out.

I just want it released so that I don't have to put up with this anymore.

And I shouldn't have to either, not to just to be on a forum.

Oh give me a break, I wasn't only referring to the original DMC series, and I would actually like to see DmC get a sequel (I still haven't played the full game myself but from what I've seen so far it looks great). I'm just saying that Capcom has a history of leaving things unfinished.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
The gentleman above you is referring to the fact that the previous DMC series' storyline was left unfinished.

They'll stop crying when DMC5 comes out.

I just want it released so that I don't have to put up with this anymore.

And I shouldn't have to either, not to just to be on a forum.
Put up with what?
When I said how I didnt like the fact that everything was being left unfinished, I refered to both DMC and DmC. It's not that I didnt care about the original series. So please, both you and the "gentleman above me", should think about what some one writes on this forum, before jumping to conclusions.

AlchemistFromEden

Put up with what?
When I said how I didnt like the fact that everything was being left unfinished, I refered to both DMC and DmC. It's not that I didnt care about the original series. So please, both you and the "gentleman above me", should think about what some one writes on this forum, before jumping to conclusions.
this series is not a manga and is not structured in a way that it has a conclusive ending because there's no overarching narrative that ties everything together

Terrutas

this series is not a manga and is not structured in a way that it has a conclusive ending because there's no overarching narrative that ties everything together
I think I kind of see what you mean, but I don't think we're necessarily asking for a conclusive ending. Just a game to fill in the plot holes and give us one more run.

They could just leave the ending open. I don't think most people will mind, seeing as story isn't really what drives this series.
At least I don't think so. Some will obviously disagree.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
I don't think most people will mind, seeing as story isn't really what drives this series.
At least I don't think so. Some will obviously disagree.
Yep. Story and gameplay is what drove me into loving DMC. If story didn't drive DMC then we wouldn't need a DMC5, thus Capcom can just roll with DmC2. I want proper closure. Story is equally as important as gameplay nowadays imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom