• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Difficulty Issue

seraphmaycry

So, I'm on hell or hell, and the most trouble I'm having is falling down holes :lol: I'll admit I'm using super Dante perk to get it done quickly though. I'm only doing this mode for the trophy and unlockable art.

falling down should not count since if your not a good platformer your never get it done but your right i would not bother with it any longer then have to since i beat DMD hope you fiish soon:lol:

mulalleybs

people who say the game is too easy almost 99.9% of the time have no proof that they played the game on higher difficulty levels
Or just watch streams of them. I mean, it's not that bad, I usually only have to use one item per DMD mission, if that, but if I didn't have the aquila to keep some enemies busy I would have a much more difficult time.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
falling down should not count since if your not a good platformer your never get it done but your right i would not bother with it any longer then have to since i beat DMD hope you fiish soon:lol:
I was fine with platforming until that mode. Suddenly the grabbing action is broken sometimes and Dante angel glides in the wrong direction. It's really annoying. >_<
I'm having a terrible time with Hell and hell on the Vergil fight. Stupid stinger move is being temperamental, along with attacks not hitting Vergil when I am right by him, and camera spinnning around making me dizzy. :lol:

DarkSlayer54

people who say the game is too easy almost 99.9% of the time have no proof that they played the game on higher difficulty levels
Well, it is. Kind of... It all depends how you play. For me, DMD was easy for the most part because I took full advantage of my moves and the levels. There were a few enemies that killed me here and there since I didn't have a good plan for them, and my best strategy ended up being to demon dodge and attack them whenever they were open.

But.... it's very difficult if you try going for style. Kind of like DMC1, you as the player can choose how to play... and this will make the game more or less difficult.

Hell, even the bosses can be both easy or hard. The only reason the bosses in DmC are 10 times easier than in DMC1 is that they actually give you a weakness to abuse. Mundus's spawn for example... at first I just tried parrying his attacks, and fighting him like Succubus. I ended up dying like 5+ times on Nephilm. However, when I went after his arm, and his eye... I ended up killing him my first try. Then later on DMD I found out that you could abuse his weakness further, and if you Angel Lift his eye then he'll fall on his butt and allow you to do serious damage.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that this game gives both enemies and bosses weaknesses. I absolutely love it. To me, a game should never force a player to play on a higher difficulty than he wants (Super Costumes can force some players to play on DMD). DMC1, DMC3, and DmC all give the player tools to cater the difficulty to their needs. I've only beaten DMC4 once, so I'm ignoring that.
DMC1 gave certain enemies weaknesses to abuse, and it also gave 5 untouchables per playthrough to players like me who wanted to have an easier time against bosses.
DMC3 was hard... and arguably annoying... but they gave us a cheat code to instantly unlock everything, and with the super costumes the player could once again cater the difficulty (excluding the HD collection... they screwed up that game due to disabling the save/load).
DmC, no different. Instead of untouchables, the bosses are given weaknesses to abuse. The enemies aren't as easy as DMC1 since their weaknesses are limited to stunning them instead of utterly destroying them... but hey, that's why there's demon dodge.

AlchemistFromEden

Well, it is. Kind of... It all depends how you play. For me, DMD was easy for the most part because I took full advantage of my moves and the levels. There were a few enemies that killed me here and there since I didn't have a good plan for them, and my best strategy ended up being to demon dodge and attack them whenever they were open.

But.... it's very difficult if you try going for style. Kind of like DMC1, you as the player can choose how to play... and this will make the game more or less difficult.

Hell, even the bosses can be both easy or hard. The only reason the bosses in DmC are 10 times easier than in DMC1 is that they actually give you a weakness to abuse. Mundus's spawn for example... at first I just tried parrying his attacks, and fighting him like Succubus. I ended up dying like 5+ times on Nephilm. However, when I went after his arm, and his eye... I ended up killing him my first try. Then later on DMD I found out that you could abuse his weakness further, and if you Angel Lift his eye then he'll fall on his butt and allow you to do serious damage.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that this game gives both enemies and bosses weaknesses. I absolutely love it. To me, a game should never force a player to play on a higher difficulty than he wants (Super Costumes can force some players to play on DMD). DMC1, DMC3, and DmC all give the player tools to cater the difficulty to their needs. I've only beaten DMC4 once, so I'm ignoring that.
DMC1 gave certain enemies weaknesses to abuse, and it also gave 5 untouchables per playthrough to players like me who wanted to have an easier time against bosses.
DMC3 was hard... and arguably annoying... but they gave us a cheat code to instantly unlock everything, and with the super costumes the player could once again cater the difficulty (excluding the HD collection... they screwed up that game due to disabling the save/load).
DmC, no different. Instead of untouchables, the bosses are given weaknesses to abuse. The enemies aren't as easy as DMC1 since their weaknesses are limited to stunning them instead of utterly destroying them... but hey, that's why there's demon dodge.
real talk...i was reading all of that and agreeing on the most part until that cat just popped up out of nowhere from your sig and scared the living hell out of me...omg

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think it was a good idea to change up the difficulties a little bit. Instead of the classic DMC formula of "Slightly Difficult all the way to Insanely Difficult," they gave DmC a "Fairly Easy to Insanely Difficult" formula.

Why does it matter if they actually made the lower difficulties a little easier, anyone wanting a challenge is going to play on the highest difficulty anyway...any DMC player worth their salt pride themselves on not getting hit, so...HoH is...still sorta right there.

Sunaka Marién

Hmm, I still haven't finished the game yet due to lack of time, but up till now I could more or less breath through it on Nephilim, exept for that one part on Mission 12 where you had to keep the Demons away from Vergil and Kat, and fighting Killing face (especially since I had no clue what I was supposed to be doing at first). And I'm really not good at DMC games. So, I really think that they should have made Nephilim a little bit harder, I know that SoS is probably gonna kick my behindes, and I'm so looking forward to it, but, well, I just feel that it would have been so much more satisfying to get really challanged during your first playthrough, experiencing the story for the first time and stuff - plus it would have made the story feel a lot longer :p
It is easy for a reason. Capcom wanted to make a DMC that casual gamers could get into without it being to hard for them. There's a reason some gamers didn't get into the DMC series. Because it was too hard for them to get into. And DMC4 was just as hard. So they decided they needed to tone it down more so that casual gamers would buy it, it sells, they get more fans, and the series doesn't completely die.
But DMC4's easy was a really nice difficulty setting for newcomers - like myself back then. And if even *I* could do it, that really means something.

mulalleybs

Mission 16 on DMD is pretty ridiculous, right off the bat 2 dream runners and 2 witches. I ended up having to use 5 items throughout the mission.

Slacri

I found the game pretty easy, having now completed it on DMD. Especially the boss fights, how can you say this is difficult? Even the uploader said it was easy.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
It is easy for a reason. Capcom wanted to make a DMC that casual gamers could get into without it being to hard for them. There's a reason some gamers didn't get into the DMC series. Because it was too hard for them to get into. And DMC4 was just as hard. So they decided they needed to tone it down more so that casual gamers would buy it, it sells, they get more fans, and the series doesn't completely die.

I have seriously never understood this. I can't imagine a player so casual they couldn't button-mash through Easy Automatic Mode. That's what I always used that when I was getting into the franchise totally blind, as a casual player, and it wasn't scary at all.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
I have seriously never understood this. I can't imagine a player so casual they couldn't button-mash through Easy Automatic Mode. That's what I always used that when I was getting into the franchise totally blind, as a casual player, and it wasn't scary at all.

This. I have a younger cousin, who happens to belong to the CoD audience, who I let play and give DMC4 a try. He obviously played it on easy difficulty, probably on automatic (I wasn't there to watch him), but he said he loved it and actually made some progress. In one day he made it to mission 5 and I don't think he was having any real problem with it.

I like DmC, but the logic behind making it overall easier is something I just can't get.

If anything, tho, I'm glad the game's easier by intention, and not by accident like DMC2.

Top Bottom