• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Difficulty Issue

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
People who are like DMC experts might find this game easy but I think for the rest of us, or at least me personally, SOS is really tough and I have no idea just how grueling DMD is going to be. Nephilim was pretty easy, I only died once and that was from a platforming fall. In SOS these enemies hit REALLY hard and the ones who have that rage mode seem to stay in it 85% of the time...

DarkSlayer54

SoS and DMD are somewhat easy. I'd say the normal enemies are quite a bit harder than DMC1's, but the bosses are easier than DMC1.
I actually just beat SoS and DMD today. Just like DMC1, once you know the enemies weaknesses, it becomes pretty easy. Such as the rage's, if you shoot them with Ebony and Ivory it stuns them.
The hardest enemy for me is the dude with two saw's. I have no idea if he can even get stunned other than a parry... I haven't been able to stun dreamweavers either.

seraphmaycry

SoS and DMD are somewhat easy. I'd say the normal enemies are quite a bit harder than DMC1's, but the bosses are easier than DMC1.
I actually just beat SoS and DMD today. Just like DMC1, once you know the enemies weaknesses, it becomes pretty easy. Such as the rage's, if you shoot them with Ebony and Ivory it stuns them.
The hardest enemy for me is the dude with two saw's. I have no idea if he can even get stunned other than a parry... I haven't been able to stun dreamweavers either.
for butchers the blade guys charge level 2 eryx uppercut will send them into the air then use roulette spin then double then spin then double etc till they explode use osiris prop to pary their blades so you get enough time to charge

for dreamrunners going for enviromental kills will waste your time what you have to do in my opinion is walk right up them while spamming ebony and ivory then once you are closer they will pary and follow up with a sword swipe use rebbelion attack once (so just press y or the ps3 equavilent in your normal/human form) this will parry AND stun them then hit them until they get their guard back rinse and repeat

its startegys like this that let me beat all the missions on DMD in just 3 hours

still for players new to the series like one of my freinds (stuffed up and died within 2 minutes all upgrades on son of sparda mission 3)

F4ke

Mmmmh. I'm not pro. But I got a SS rank on mission 16[Mundus's building], and I used 2 objects, and i died 4 times.
In my opinion, i don't deserve that rank. They shouldnt have to refill your life each time you die =\

Edit: Owh I forgot to mention it, but it was in DmD.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Mmmmh. I'm not pro. But I got a SS rank on mission 16[Mundus's building], and I use 2 objects, and i died 4 times.
In my opinion, i don't deserve that rank. They shouldnt have tio refill your life each time you die =\
I'm not sure they even deduct points for dying/using items, which seems real off. I completed a mission after screwing around for a while and dying and got an SS still :/

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I'm not sure they even deduct points for dying/using items, which seems real off. I completed a mission after screwing around for a while and dying and got an SS still :/
I believe that for every time you die, they take your total score and subtract 10% for every time you died. It is the same for every time you use an item.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I believe that for every time you die, they take your total score and subtract 10% for every time you died. It is the same for every time you use an item.
Really? That just makes it even more screwed up if I could get SS after about 30%+ deduction with a slow time :/

EvilX-81

Or they only played the demo.
Btw how hard is the underwatch stage on SoS in the full game?

I thought it was still rather easy despite the different enemies, but I think Underwatch on either one gives a bad impression of the game's potential difficulty. Mission 3 on SoS threw me for a loop when it tossed about 7 Hell Knights and afew Ravagers at me on one of the parts, making me realize I would need to get a little strategic and step my game up after I died a couple of times.

The one thing that holds the game back from being balls hard though on any difficulty is how freely they give life orbs out.

chocolatepanda

I thought it was still rather easy despite the different enemies, but I think Underwatch on either one gives a bad impression of the game's potential difficulty. Mission 3 on SoS threw me for a loop when it tossed about 7 Hell Knights and afew Ravagers at me on one of the parts, making me realize I would need to get a little strategic and step my game up after I died a couple of times.

The one thing that holds the game back from being balls hard though on any difficulty is how freely they give life orbs out.
I figured the default difficulties were easier for noobs to enjoy and SoS and higher would have a difficulty spike for people who are used to the original series.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover

I think they temper that a bit by how much damage some of those enemies take out in the harder modes. A tyrant or butcher can pretty much eat your life bare away to nothing in like 3 hits

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It is easy for a reason. Capcom wanted to make a DMC that casual gamers could get into without it being to hard for them. There's a reason some gamers didn't get into the DMC series. Because it was too hard for them to get into. And DMC4 was just as hard. So they decided they needed to tone it down more so that casual gamers would buy it, it sells, they get more fans, and the series doesn't completely die.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Also, I'm sure that now that they have this larger fanbase, they'll turn the game up a bit more harder.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
It is easy for a reason. Capcom wanted to make a DMC that casual gamers could get into without it being to hard for them. There's a reason some gamers didn't get into the DMC series. Because it was too hard for them to get into. And DMC4 was just as hard. So they decided they needed to tone it down more so that casual gamers would buy it, it sells, they get more fans, and the series doesn't completely die.
Yeah this is true. I know a lot of people who stay away from DMC games because they either think there is too much established lore or that it is just too hard to do anything in the games who see this one and are actually really excited because it strips all that stuff away. It still has the difficulty for people who want that although not as hard as some of the hardest previous games but enough to satiate a long time fan like myself.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
So, I'm on hell or hell, and the most trouble I'm having is falling down holes :lol: I'll admit I'm using super Dante perk to get it done quickly though. I'm only doing this mode for the trophy and unlockable art.

Top Bottom