• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DId you like Nero

aka958

Don't trust people
Nero sucks.
Concept, cool. Execution, blew.

Concept was cool indeed.

His execution blew horribly imo. They were all like "His arm will make combat varied!" have the one and same move on every enemy.

Sure, his attacks are cool to use, try the whole bloody palace with him, I promise you feel like you are just spamming the same move before even finishing 20 floors. <.<

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I think for what they intended him for he does his job, we all know he was made to help new players get into the game, but I also read that he was designed with aerial combat in mind, which says to me they looked at the style vids of DMC3 and noticed they all centered around JCs and aerial combat.

When you look at things like Caliber and Snatch, Nero is practically begging for JC combos, that coupled with his simple moveset can make learning not only the basics but even advanced play a lot easier.

However I do agree with the general consensus that too much of the game was focused on him, but I like him as an addition to the series and would rather have him than not at all.

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
I loved Nero :D!! He was fun to play as especially since he has Devil Bringer, it was nice to play as someone other than Dante for once (although I still love Dante to death XD). And his relationship with Kyrie was adorable XD they remind me of Tidus and Yuna from Final Fantasy 10. Kyrie is like Yuna, they're both kind and gentle and Nero is like Tidus, well,because their both whinny lol XD! But, Nero is waaaaayy better than him lol!!

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
I fell in love with Nero instantly when I started DMC 4. He was actually my introduction to the DMC universe. I'm gonna be cosplaying Nero at upcoming Anime Conventions. Currently working on Blue Rose, Red Queen and Devil Bringer.

Since I played DMC 4 first, and didn't experience any of the previous games before hand, I found Nero easy to use. Easy combos, good attacks, and certainly fun to play. Dante was a bit more challenging in 4. But given how late in the game you play Dante, that could have been intentional. In short, Nero still wins out in my book. ^.^

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
I liked nero alot,his emotions for kyrie just made me want to go on and play more.How he tried to do everything to save her was win in DMC4's story for me.His combos with yamato.Dont get me started there.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Fun Fact no. 256

Nero and Kyries' voice actors are Johnny Yong Bosch and Stephanie Sheh respectively.
But did you know they also do the voices for Ichigo and Orihime in the English dub of Bleach?

Emerald

has the manliest avatar on the site
Hahah... Bleach May Cry...

But, yes, I loved Nero as soon as I laid eyes on him. Funnily enough, though, when I first saw a picture of him and Dante *it was the one where he was yelling in Dante's face or whatever* I thought he was a chick. Oh, and the weird expressions he makes is hilarious.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'm kinda neutral on Nero. Don't love him, don't hate him. He has a great design, but I wish we'd learned more about him in the game, that they were more explicit about who the hell he is and why he has a funky glowing arm.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
I'm kinda neutral on Nero. Don't love him, don't hate him. He has a great design, but I wish we'd learned more about him in the game, that they were more explicit about who the hell he is and why he has a funky glowing arm.

I will agree with you there. Nero's appearance is certainly a change, but there was little backstory to actually explain him. And from what exists off-game about Nero, it will make you wonder WTF Capcom was thinking when they designed Nero's backstory. :confused:

Reanbell

Your very own star
I love Nero. I really disliked the idea of playing as someone else other than Dante before the game came out, but when I did I really grew to love his character. I like how emotional and aggressive he is. Addmitedly, I am a sucker for all things romance so I liked his relationship with Kyrie as well, and that he fought for a girl. ;w; He was a great character, I just wish they had filled in some holes for us like how he got his arm. All he says is "from that day my changed"... it's not like he rolled out of bed one day and was like "LOL I'M A HALF DEMON".

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
That arm thing only has 2 explanations as far as i know.
1)When he was in Mitis forest with Kyrie and was attacked by something.

2)Was experimented with by the order.

Nicholas Vrakepedes

No complaints about Nero, great character, and fun to play as.

Like others here, I wish they would have gone more in to his back story. Like how he got his arm.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yes, I did 'like' Nero. Not at first though, because I was being rather narrow-minded and immature about the whole thing. I thought he was there to try and ruin Dante and take over Devil May Cry, but obviously that wasn't the case. I thought he was fun to play as and he's a nice addition to the story.

However, the reason why I only like him is because we don't know much about him. As many others have said already, that sort of lets his character down. If Capcom would of explained things to us in the game, or at least by now given us an explanation, then I'd probably like his character a lot more. I wouldn't say I love him, but I definitely don't hate him. Far from hate indeed.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Liked Nero very much actually, Jonny Young Bosch being the voice actor and all :D. But character/game play wise, I indeed liked it. The Devil Bringer made a lot of boss fights pretty unique with the ability to grab them when you stun them.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I like nero. Wish there were more moves with his arm other than the buster against staggered bosses. also could of done with out him having white hair too... i love his voice though, actually anything Jonny bosch does is good.

Reira

The Fallen Angel;)
When I read about DMC4 and saw that I had to fight with Nero and not with Dante I was kinda sad.But when I played it I was like
:WOW he is amazing :D.So I started to like him :) NERO ROCKS :D
Also I like the story.It was adventurοus (Just because it's DMC we're talking about xD)
but in the same time it was romantic :D

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
When I first played DmC, I started with 4. So Nero was my introduction to the franchise. Even though I knew he wasn't the main character. While Buster is Nero's basic Devil Bringer move, you can chain combos onto Buster moves if I recall correctly.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
I liked him (Thought he was kawaii), but I wish that they would have or will tell us more about him but Capcom had to go and reboot the series so we'll have to wait for them to shape up.
It's because of this very reason that I have a problem with DmC.... the only reason in fact.
I don't mind it, but I am disappointed that we can't learn more about Nero at the moment. :(
But at the same time that mystery behind him makes him special and maybe it's a good thing that we don't more about him.
But yeah, I liked him a lot! :)

Dante is still way better though. *Shot*

Top Bottom