• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may cry: The past.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
ok people so this is my first time writing a fanfic so plz try to enjoy it and do post if its good or bad and some advice aswell :).oh and i must add that this is my version of the story and is a completely different past.

CHAPTER 1:THE RETURN

“Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa” Dante screamed as he attacked Vergil in anger. “Humph is that all the strength you have” Vergil replied. “oh yeah well try THIS” Dante said as he charged forward with his weapon but Vergil dodged him and swung his weapon as hard as he could at the back of Dante’s head. “AHHHHHHHHHH THAT HURT” dante said in pain. “you are to weak Dante and you cannot protect anyone let alone yourself” Vergil replied. “shut up you bastar..alright you two break it up” Dante’s mother interrupted.
Eva: that’s enough training for one day come inside and have something to eat.
Dante: yeah yeah
Vergil: yes mother
Eva: and put away those wooden swords
Both of them entered the house from the back yard and took their seat’s at the dinner table.
Eva: now I know you boy’s don’t get along well but please try to behave on your birthday your father is arriving today your going to meet him after 10 years.
Dante: Like I care he’s been busy with his work his entire life he never had time for us.
Eva: DANTE!!!
Dante: alright alright I get it ill be on my best behavior, can’t say the same for him
Vergil: unlike you im looking forward to meeting him I think I can learn a lot from him.
Dante: whatever.
Suddenly someone knocked at the door
Dante: gee I wonder who that could.
Eva: “It must be your father” she said in excitement
She ran for the door and opened it and there stood a man tall,with white hair, he was wearing a long purple coat and a monocle on his eye.
Eva hugged him and said “oh its been so long I cant believe it that your finally here” she kissed him and held him tight for minutes until sparda let loose.
Sparda: alright now darling tell me where my two boy’s are.
Eva: oh yes. Dante Vergil come over here and meet your father.
Both arrived in front of him and showed no sign of happiness. It was the first time they met him since ten years. They were three years old back then and now at their thirteen birthday their father returned it was a bit awkward for them.
Vergil: hello…..father
Dante: hi….pop’s
Sparda: now haven’t you boy’s grown up. I hope you two get along well right?
Dante: what with him id rather…
Eva: oh you must be tiered dear go get some rest.
Sparda: but im fine
Eva: well then take a shower
Sparda: ummm…uh…okay dear whatever you say.
Sparda went into the room and closed the door behind him
Eva: okay now you to you may not like each other but I don’t want this type of behavior in front of your father.
Vergil: there isn’t any need for that mother this fool doesn’t understand anything.
Dante: HEY WHO YOU CALLING AN..
Eva: ENOUGH!!!.*sigh* Dante Vergil please do this for me will you. Please get along for just a few day’s hmm.
Both: fine.
Sparda: hey what’s all the ruckus about?
Eva: oh nothing…..just the two fighting over……presents.
Sparda: but the party hasn’t even started, they haven’t got any presents.
Eva: umm yes they are….fighting over what ill get for them. Yes that’s right.
Sparda: now boy’s im sure your mother will get you good presents no need to worry about that, but ive already got you presents so why don’t you come out back and ill show you what I got for you.
The three of them headed out back where sparda opened his bag.
Sparda: now Dante, Vergil I heard what was going on back there and that you two don’t get along well.
Dante: well no point in faking now yeah we don’t like each other. I hate him
Vergil: yes we don’t and im happy that way.
Sparda: both of you stop it now you have to get along with each other. Family is always important do you two understand.
Dante: yeah alright
Vergil: understood father.
Sparda: good. Now im sure you must’ve been practicing on your sword skills
Vergil: yes we have but dante still makes mistakes
Dante: hey ive only made a few
Sparda: that doesn’t matter Dante you need to improve fast. Now take these they were once used by me in battle their one of the best swords I had.use them wisely
Dante: sword’s, these are just metal rods.
Sparda: they are but you must concentrate into making it a sword that you desire it’s appearance will be a physical manifestation of yourself try it concentrate your powers on to it.
Dante: I thought you said these were your swords how did they turn into rods?
Sparda: I made them that way so that when passed on to you it would be a physical as well as spiritual manifestation of yourself as I said before now you must concentrate your power into it for that to happen. Now Vergil this ones for you its called Yamato and Dante this is for you its called Rebellion.
Vergil: ill go ahead first.
Vergil started to struggle until he let all his power flow into the rod.
Vergil: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
A bright blue light glowed from the rod and then it changed it’s shape. It transformed to a katana.
Sparda: beautiful. This tells that you are a very skilled and intelligent warrior, you have a lot of speed but that doesn’t mean you lack strength.
Vergil: thank you for this gift father it’s a fine blade.
Dante: WOW that was cool now my turn. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
There was a bright red light glowed from the rod and it changed its shape. It transformed to a big sword and had a big skull on with bones.
Dante: OH YEAHHHHHHH.
Sparda: My word
Vergil: humph
Sparda: wow dante that sword is extraordinary it show’s that you have rage and that you are not to be underestimated. You have a lot of power.
Dante: hehe I know. Thanks for the swords pops.
Vergil: that sword wont help you much you would make your attacks slower.
Dante: your just jealous that its bigger than yours haha.
Vergil: and what does that have to do with anything.
Dante lifted the sword but it was very heavy and he fell to the ground
Dante: wha….what is going on its so heavy
Vergil had a smirk on his face
Sparda: well it is pretty big you’ll just have to get used to it. it will take time but it’ll make you more stronger.
Eva: what’s going on what’s with the screaming
She looked at the swords
Eva: common dear you’ve just arrived and you have already started
Spard: it was necessary my love.
Eva: well when your done get them inside will you.
Sparda: of course and Eva please give me your amulet
Eva: oh yes here you go.
She went inside
Sparda: now the last thing Dante take this it’s your mothers amulet always keep it on. And Vergil this is my amulet I give it to you and the same for you always keep it on. These two amulets and your swords are very important if they fell in the wrong hands the world would be thrown into chaos.
Dante: by whom?
Vergil: by demons pay attention when mother tells us about all of this.
Dante: oh
Sparda: Exactly but your mother didn’t tell you everything. I will tell you all about it but another time lets not keep your mother waiting. Your friends will be arriving soon.
The three of them head back inside. The party was at 8:00pm only an hour was left until the guests would arrive. Suddenly someone knocked on the door, sparda opened it and a mysterious man was standing there in the dark he was wearing a hood.
Mysterious man: Im sorry sparda something has come up
Spada: what is it?

DeamonslayeR

awesome chapter buddy :) can't wait for the next chapter!
great writing DeamonslayeR :D
It's your first chapter, so you'll settle into writing. Can't wait to read more :D
thanks both of you. ive done the second chapter and i will upload it soon just needs a few more adjustments :)
EDIT
oh and i almost forgot to add that this is a completely different past of dante and vergil cuz we all know that sparda died around their 8th birthday so did their mother and that they were seperated.so this is my version of the story

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Aww young Dante n Vergil lol. Its a humble beginning 2 a first time fan fiction. Like Vergil's Bit@h said you'll grow into your writing. Good start. :)

DeamonslayeR

thnks both of you :) so i got chap three done working on four until then enjoy chap 2 :D

CHAPTER 2: THE ATTACK

Mysterious man: They are heading towards this direction
Sparda: what, what do you mean
Mysterious man: we must not waste time hurry lets go.
Eva: who is it dear?
Sparda: it’s Ricardo
Eva: Ricardo what is he doing here?
Sparda: I don’t know but I must go dear im sorry. You stay here with the kids
Ricardo: sparda its best if your family is prepared for what’s coming
Sparda: SILENCE!! I will never let that happen.
Ricardo: yes I know but still they should be ready if anything goes wrong
Sparda: I suppose your right. Eva get some clothes and food with you and get the children ready we are leaving.
Eva: but what of the guest’s?
Sparda in a furious voice said
Sparda: DO WHAT I SAY.THERE COULD BE AN ATTACK ON THIS TOWN!!
Eva didn’t say anything and rushed back to the kids
Vergil: what’s wrong mother
Dante: yeah what’s up with pops
Eva: Dante Vergil pack your bags and get anything you need we are leaving.
Dante: where?
Eva: I don’t know just do as I say.
Both: alright
The two of them packed their bags and grabbed their swords
Dante: “AHHH.WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING MADE OF I CANT LIFT IT”. Dante said in anger
Eva: common Dante lets go. leave that thing
Dante: I cant dad said it’s important
Eva: then put all your strength into lifting it we need to leave
Dante used all the strength he had in lifting it.
Dante: “HURRRRR…AHHHHHH”. Dante lifted the sword and carried it over his shoulder. “okay lets move”
They arrived at the front door
Sparda: good, Ricardo has told me where they are I will stall them until Ricardo can get you and the kids out of town somewhere safe.
Ricardo: okay then lets move
They exit the house and sparda went towards the other side of town while Ricardo, Eva, Dante and Vergil went into town to the main road that would lead them out of town.
Ricardo: hurry we must move fast we are not fa……
Suddenly an explosion shook the floor
Ricardo: WAOH!!! Is everyone alright
Eva: were fine.
There was a huge explosion not that far from them. everyone around them started to panic, they were running and screaming everything seemed so confusing for the two twins.
Ricardo: COME ON LETS MOVE!!!!
They tried to move through the people that were running around in fear. suddenly people started screaming in pain. a horde of demons came running from the direction of the explosion and started rampaging through the crowd killing everyone.
Ricardo: MOVE THEIR HERE.
Demon commander: find them and spare non.
As they were running through the people Dante fell as he collided with a man while running
Eva noticed Dante fall and ran back
Eva: “DANTE” she screamed
The four of them ran back for him
Dante: im fine lets go.
A demon spotted the two brothers because of their white hair and similar looks as that of sparda.
Demon 1: there they are. the Sons of Sparda.
Ricardo: oh no. they spotted us
The demons quick on their feet moved through the crowd cutting and slashing people as they ran, surrounded the four as they killed most of the crowd. It was four surrounded by hundreds Dante and Vergil had only been training with wooden swords and had never been in a real fight and Eva couldn’t fight either the only person who could defend them was Ricardo.
Ricardo: so this is it then. where is your master.
Demon commander: he was killed by sparda. hahahahahahahahaha
Ricardo: huh?? why the laugh sparda killed your master and he’s surely on his way here.
Demon commander: see that’s the thing sparda died alongside our master.
The four of them were in shock
Vergil: father
Dante: dad
Eva: NO IT CANT BE I DON’T BELIEVE IT.
Ricardo: no how can this be.
Demon commander: hahaha. now my brothers lets finish them. Who do we kill first.
Demon 1: cut the little pigs
Demon 2: kill Sparda’s whore.
Demon 3: finish them all at once.
Ricardo: SHUTUP ALL OF YOU. I MADE A PROMISE TO SPARDA AND I WILL PROTECT HIS FAMILY NO MATTER WHAT.
Demon commander : “alright then”. “you two ATTACK” he ordered the two demons standing besides him.
The demons charged forward towards Ricardo. he took out his sword that was on his back hidden by his cape. He charged towards them.
Ricardo: COME ON YOU BASTARDS.HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

DeamonslayeR

ok people done with chapter four busy with chapter five so here's chap 3 enjoy and i hope you like it cuz this one is pretty long

CHAPTER 3: Death in the family

Ricardo charged forward with his sword and within a blink of an eye he slashed the two demons in half.
Demon commander: it seems we underestimated you, but that shall not happen again.
Ricardo: bring it on I can take you weak scum on all night.
Demon commander: “weak scum huh? You four” he commanded. “Do not fail me, kill him.”
Ricardo: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
He charged forward and started to fight the demons. Dante and Vergil looked on in awe. they had never seen anyone fight this good but their mother told them that their father was the greatest swordsman and warrior that ever lived and that he once rebelled against his own kind (the demons) to save the human race. But all that came into question that how can such a powerful warrior fall to these demons now?
Ricardo: “DIE!!” he screamed as he killed last of the demons. “as I said weak scum”.
Demon commander: “who are you” he said in frustration
Ricardo: I am a follower of Sparda he may not have taught me but he is my mentor and so is he too my other brothers.
Demon commander: brothers? Your….
Ricardo: yes im Ricardo leader of “Sparda’s demon slayers ” and our mission is…. TO DESTROY EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU FROM EXISTANCE.
Demon commander: so the rumors are true. You and your brothers I hear from my men are very dangerous. “I AM DISGRACED” he was furious. “ALL OF YOU FEAR HIM AND HIS BROTHERS WHO ARE WEAK HUMAN’S.DISGUSTING”.
Ricardo: do not think of us to be weak just because we are humans. we are far more powerful than you would imagine.
Demon commander: HAH we shall see about that. Today Sparda’s demon slayers will end up without a leader. MEN ATTACK!!!.
He ordered about 50 of his men to attack.
Ricardo: NO THAT’S TO MUCH.I’LL HOLD THEM OFF AS LONG AS I CAN YOU THREE ESCAPE WHILE YOU CAN AND TAKE THIS IT’LL BE USEFULL.
He threw a book towards them and Dante caught it and put it in his bag.
Dante: common lets move.
Vergil: alright mother lets go
Eva said nothing and stood there like a statue. She was looking on at the massacre and was clearly in shock for what she had heard about her husband.
Dante: MOM,MOM COMMON LETS GO WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE.
Vergil: MOTHER SNAP OUT OF IT WE MUST MAKE HASTE.
Dante: SHE ISNT SAYING ANYTHING
Vergil: JUST GRAB HER AND LETS MOVE.
Dante grabbed her arm and they ran. She just ran as Dante was pulling her she looked as she was lifeless.
Demon 5: sir they are escaping.
Demon commander: yes I know, you keep him busy I’ll go along with the rest of the men and kill the three.
Demon 5: yes sir.
Demon commander: the rest of you after the wife and children of Sparda I’ll be following right behing you.
The demons ran towards the direction Eva Dante and Vergil went.
Ricardo: NO. I MUST FINISH THESE DEMONS OFF QUICK.
He started to fight very fast finishing off many demons as quickly as he could but one of them attacked him from behind and impaled him with his sword.
Ricardo: “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!” he screamed.
Ricardo fell to his knees and he was coughing up blood.
Ricardo: AHHH. Forgive me Sparda I’ve failed you.
Demon 5: HAHAHAHHAHA he’s dead lets join up with the others.
They followed the other demons to kill Sparda’s family.
Demon commander: is he dead?
Demon 5: yes sir.
Demon commander: HAHA as expected, go on find them.
Dante: Vergil I think they are coming we must get off the streets and hide.
Vergil: no that wouldn’t stop them they will destroy every last part of this town until we are found dead.
Dante: then what should we do?
Vergil stopped running he turned back and just stood there waiting.
Dante: hey not you too why did you stop talking.
He stopped to look back.
Dante: ARE YOU CRAZY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
Vergil: Dante take mother and get out of this town I’ll stay behind and join up afterwards.
Eva heard what he was saying and came back into her senses.
Eva: “NO VERGIL NO. DON’T DO IT I DON’T WANT TO LOSE YOU TOO” she screamed as she was crying.
Vergil: Dante control mother.
Dante had a tight grip on her mothers arm.
Vergil: Dante please try and understand we must protect mother I’ll be fine and so would you after all we are the son’s of sparda. Take mother and get out of here while you have the chance.
Dante: NO IT’S SUICIDE YOU CANT SURVIVE.
Suddenly one of the demons spotted them.
Demon 6: THERE THEY ARE.
Vergil: GO DANTE!!!
Eva: NO VERGIL NOOOO!!!
She screamed as Dante pulled her arm with all the force he had and ran
As Vergil stayed behind he unsheathed his blade.
Vergil: now face the power of the sons of SPARDAAAA!!!!
He charged towards the oncoming demons
As Dante and Eva ran and were almost out of sight from the demon they heard a scream. Eva fell to her knees and Dante had to stop.
Eva: “no” she started crying. “no I lost my husband and now my son”.
Dante was speechless he couldn’t say anything to his mother but he had to break his silence to get her mother up and running.
Dante: mom we gotta leave. We have to get out of here before we get killed as well.
Eva: yes……I know….lets g.. AHHHHHHHHHH
One of the demons spotted them and threw his sword which cut its way into Eva’s chest.
Dante: MOM NO, NOOOOOO.
Eva: RUN…..DANTE..RUN.
As dante saw the oncoming demon’s he was frightened and ran he saw an alley and ran inside and hid himself there. He peaked at what was happening on the street. The demons had stopped behind where eva was and everyone of them took there turns in cutting her to pieces.
Demon 1: DIE WHORE DIE
Demon 2: DO YOU SEE NOW SPARDA DO YOU SEE IF YOU TURN AGAINST YOUR OWN BROTHERS WHAT WILL HAPPEN.
Demon 3: THIS IS WHAT YOU GET BITCH.
Dante watched on in fear as her mother was being cut to pieces. tears started to run down his cheeks and he remembered what his brother said
“You are to weak Dante you cannot protect anyone let alone yourself”
Dante: he was right im to weak I couldn’t protect mother I couldn’t protect….you.
Demon commander: Enough!! Where is the boy
Demon 1: ummm he….ran away sir
Demon commander: AND YOU LET HIM ESCAPE
Demon 1: we are sorry sir we couldn’t help our self’s. every one wanted to cut this bitch
Demon commander: whats done is done then burn this part of the town down he couldn’t have gone far hurry MOVE!!!
Demon 1 2 3: YES SIR.
Dante: oh no I gotta get out of here.
Dante ran out the other side of the alley and thought of a way to get out of harms way.
Dante: AHHH where should I go,back to the road that leads outta town. no the demons are probably still there. common think think.
He looked around and saw a road leading to the town’s forest.
Dante: Yes I can go there and hide and I can climb the mountain to get to the other side and out of town, YES I MUST HURRY.
Dante ran and ran as fast as he could he didn’t look behind in fear that the demons would come out of no where. He was crying and the events that took place today were running through his head he was trying to make sense of it all but had no explanation to himself.
As he was halfway up the mountain he decided to look back and see what was happening.
He was shocked that half of the town was ablaze. His family and many other people died.
Dante: mom, dad….….Vergil
He wiped his tears.
Dante: I promise I will hunt down the one’s responsible. I promise to avenge your deaths.

Top Bottom