• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry movie discussion thread

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Such as???
Maybe Dante fighting an actual god or really powerful demon?

Are you certain on the cgi part? I do love cgi and anything (I would've killed to have seen a cgi Enslaved film) but I think part of me would like to see DmC as a live-action.

And sorry if I'm diving in amongst a convo, but here's a question I want to put out there. Who would you want to star as Dante?

I think Ian somerhalder might make a good classic Dante and Reuben Langdon actually looks like DMC3 Dante.

Vergil is trickier.

Someone shuld've told Tameem that. Too late ..
DMC does have dark elements that could make for gritty storytelling such as Dante being a mercenary back in the light novel which you don't get to be by going to colege.

KtWtWiS43

Maybe Dante fighting an actual god or really powerful demon?

I think Ian somerhalder might make a good classic Dante and Reuben Langdon actually looks like DMC3 Dante.

Vergil is trickier.

DMC does have dark elements that could make for gritty storytelling such as Dante being a mercenary back in the light novel which you don't get to be by going to colege.

Going to college directly affects how gritty the storytelling is for the light novels? Your comment is confusing.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Going to college directly affects how gritty the storytelling is for the light novels? Your comment is confusing.
I meant, you don't go to college to become a mercenary.
So Dante at some point in his life was a ex-con,ex-cop or ex-military.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i think 3 and 1 are the only stories you have to adapt for the screen in its entirety.

the rest are relative as the light novels are optional, no point adapting the manga since it doesnt give you anything you need to know, and as people dislike 4,2, and the anime you can do whatever you want to them.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
well i don't mind movies but Hollywood gonna needs A LOT OF effect to play Dante, Nero,...

What type of effects? for if they can create giant fire breathing scorpions, alien blue people using real human modeling/actors, gigantic mechs, and Hellboy......they can literally do anything.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I would cast Tim Burton as director

I don't know why.

I just like Tim Burton

Just as long as we keep Johnny Depp as far away from Dante as possible.

God knows what horror that would end in.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
I would cast Tim Burton as director

I don't know why.

I just like Tim Burton

Just as long as we keep Johnny Depp as far away from Dante as possible.

God knows what horror that would end in.

dude seriously F*ck tim burton as the director. the man never tries to keep to the source material. hes always about turning everything into his own style. sure its worked in the past. but when he interprets somethings they just end up terrible.

mrrandomlulz

dude seriously F*ck tim burton as the director. the man never tries to keep to the source material. hes always about turning everything into his own style. sure its worked in the past. but when he interprets somethings they just end up terrible.
Right

Because Christopher Nolan was SO damn true to the Joker character

788Masri

Right

Because Christopher Nolan was SO damn true to the Joker character

the joker has no origin or past. thats the best part of his mythos. hes just a madman in clown face. whether or not its removable has varied (tho for the past 30 odd years its been the later)

mrrandomlulz

the joker has no origin or past. thats the best part of his mythos. hes just a madman in clown face. whether or not its removable has varied (tho for the past 30 odd years its been the later)
Didn't Batman create the Joker?

But I was talking about overall attitude, In the Nolanverse, Joker didn't even try to act like his comic book counterpart, which he did in the Burton films.

788Masri

Didn't Batman create the Joker?

But I was talking about overall attitude, In the Nolanverse, Joker didn't even try to act like his comic book counterpart, which he did in the Burton films.

the joker was probably made by batman like i said he has no difinitive origin. even when alan moore wrote one. the joker openly says that one day he thinks origin A is the truth then the next he thinks its origin B etc. his mind is just that messed up.thats the key thing about the joker. hes just extremely mad. mad to the point you cant tell what he'll do next. he may laugh or stab you in the neck. thats what he is. nolan followed that up well so i say he remains true to the character. if you want to see more into the jokers character read alan moores the killing joke. as for burtons i think his joker was brilliant also. however the burtons creative input was heavily restricted in the first batman film. in the second one he was given free reign...and we all know what happened there.....

mrrandomlulz

the joker was probably made by batman like i said he has no difinitive origin. even when alan moore wrote one. the joker openly says that one day he thinks origin A is the truth then the next he thinks its origin B etc. his mind is just that messed up.thats the key thing about the joker. hes just extremely mad. mad to the point you cant tell what he'll do next. he may laugh or stab you in the neck. thats what he is. nolan followed that up well so i say he remains true to the character. if you want to see more into the jokers character read alan moores the killing joke. as for burtons i think his joker was brilliant also. however the burtons creative input was heavily restricted in the first batman film. in the second one he was given free reign...and we all know what happened there.....
Well maybe that's true.

But none the less, if they can't get Reuben Langdon to play Original Dante,

Get Ryan Reynolds to do it.

Hear me out.

Ryan was the No.1 choice for Deadpool because he has shown how good he is at wise cracks in the Blade Trilogy.

And Deadpool is basically the insane version of Dante, so it would be the perfect casting attitude wise.

As long as it is not the origin story but instead DMC1.

Top Bottom