• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry movie discussion thread

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Bleach is easier to do than DBZ but main problem is what are you gonna do for the third film because the Aizen Saga is too damn long to condenze into one film.

Best bet is to write a third film that is the aizen saga condenzed and wrapped up and quit while your ahead.

Or do what harry potter did, and make two parts.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Or do what harry potter did, and make two parts.
true but I don't feel its necessary in all cases to do that. It wasn't necessary in twilight and I don't feel its necessary in Bleach's case.

But they might wait and see how good the first two do to see whether or not splitting it is worth it.

I would say rewrites for the third movies are still because the arranger saga couldn't keep up the momentum and with a whimper, not a bang.

With the classic series, I rather they just create a different story for the films that were just other jobs Dante did in Between games.

The series spans decades, I'm sure Dante has done other jobs than the ones we have seen.

DragonMaster2010

true but I don't feel its necessary in all cases to do that. It wasn't necessary in twilight and I don't feel its necessary in Bleach's case.

But they might wait and see how good the first two do to see whether or not splitting it is worth it.

I would say rewrites for the third movies are still because the arranger saga couldn't keep up the momentum and with a whimper, not a bang.

With the classic series, I rather they just create a different story for the films that were just other jobs Dante did in Between games.

The series spans decades, I'm sure Dante has done other jobs than the ones we have seen.

That's what I'm thinking. What would be the point of just copying the games piece by piece when you can go for something you're not tied down to. Probably after DMC1, a story of Dante doing his job, big enemy appears, human trying to be god, summons mundus, mundus betrays him, Dante fights him, end of movie. And GOD, NO CORNY LOVE SCENES!!>_<

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That's what I'm thinking. What would be the point of just copying the games piece by piece when you can go for something you're not tied down to. Probably after DMC1, a story of Dante doing his job, big enemy appears, human trying to be god, summons mundus, mundus betrays him, Dante fights him, end of movie. And GOD, NO CORNY LOVE SCENES!!>_<
I would say start with 3, do three stand alone and end with 1.
Quit while your ahead

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Why not the guy who directed Priest(Scott Stewart) or the Blade live action movie(David S. Goyer or Guillermo del Toro)?

Both have themes rather similar to DMC and doesn't end with a cliche ending love scene.....well as far as the main character is concerned.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Why not the guy who directed Priest(Scott Stewart) or the Blade live action movie(David S. Goyer or Guillermo del Toro)?

Both have themes rather similar to DMC and doesn't end with a cliche ending love scene.....well as far as the main character is concerned.
Well del toro is notorious for taking to many projects and abandoning half of them plus he might not be interested in DMC given the Pretty boy anime aesthetic.

I think he might be more at home with the horror monster nature of Hellboy. Besides he might just do hellboy instead of DMC similar to how Team ninja would just do Ninja Gaiden instead of rebooting DMC.

Well goyer is more known for his writing skills(he cowrote nolan's batman with the Nolan brothers) so he might write it instead of directing or just do both.

But DMC as a movie should take notes from the Hellboy movies rather than try to be dark knight.

I guess Stewart and Goyer could team up for it.

Hellboy had a huge romantic component but it was better told than DMC's one love story.

I think it would be easier to bring in aspects of the reboot into the movie verse than in the games itself.

There are 8 stories in the DMC universe counting all the games, the 2 novels, the manga and the anime and you are gonna add content and rewrite most of it to make it all fit.

More standalone, I'm sure Dante and sparda has fought other enemies besides mundus and his brood. We can come up with something more unique than old guy trying to be a god.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well del toro is notorious for taking to many projects and abandoning half of them plus he might not be interested in DMC given the Pretty boy anime aesthetic.

I think he might be more at home with the horror monster nature of Hellboy. Besides he might just do hellboy instead of DMC similar to how Team ninja would just do Ninja Gaiden instead of rebooting DMC.

Well goyer is more known for his writing skills(he cowrote nolan's batman with the Nolan brothers) so he might write it instead of directing or just do both.

But DMC as a movie should take notes from the Hellboy movies rather than try to be dark knight.

I guess Stewart and Goyer could team up for it.

Hellboy had a huge romantic component but it was better told than DMC's one love story.

I think it would be easier to bring in aspects of the reboot into the movie verse than in the games itself.

There are 8 stories in the DMC universe counting all the games, the 2 novels, the manga and the anime and you are gonna add content and rewrite most of it to make it all fit.

More standalone, I'm sure Dante and sparda has fought other enemies besides mundus and his brood. We can come up with something more unique than old guy trying to be a god.

Such as???

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Info was put in another DMC movie thread that the movie would tie into the new game and it would be in cgi.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Are you certain on the cgi part? I do love cgi and anything (I would've killed to have seen a cgi Enslaved film) but I think part of me would like to see DmC as a live-action.

And sorry if I'm diving in amongst a convo, but here's a question I want to put out there. Who would you want to star as Dante?

DragonMaster2010

Are you certain on the cgi part? I do love cgi and anything (I would've killed to have seen a cgi Enslaved film) but I think part of me would like to see DmC as a live-action.

And sorry if I'm diving in amongst a convo, but here's a question I want to put out there. Who would you want to star as Dante?

For classic Dante, obviously Reuben Langdon.
reuben_langdon_as_dante_by_candycanecroft-d3hht9n.jpg

As for New Dante, Tim Phillipps cause He looks like Dante, is his voice actor, and is his motion capturer.
tim-phillipps-nirvana-300x210.jpg
images

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I just dont understand why they want to make a live action film. The franchise just doesent quite work with real people Imo.
If they just stuck with CG from DMC4, but upgraded the look with Unreal Engine 4, The film would blend video game and motion picture all into one beautiful unpresedented package. Then we wouldnt have to worry about finding the perfect actor who probably doesnt exist.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
For classic Dante, obviously Reuben Langdon.
reuben_langdon_as_dante_by_candycanecroft-d3hht9n.jpg

As for New Dante, Tim Phillipps cause He looks like Dante, is his voice actor, and is his motion capturer.
tim-phillipps-nirvana-300x210.jpg
images

Totally that dude for the classic Dante XD

And New Dante, that would be so cool if Tim Phillipps could play him in the live action. If he couldn't though I'd gladly settled for that lead guy from Jumper (but I might just be saying that because he dresses like Dante and has the haircut a little lol). But there's probably a handful of actors out there could play that character, Classic or New Dante. I just hope they'd picked someone good.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
More like Avatar really if you consider motion capture. Just without the live action sections.

Wait how will that work....heck how would that look.....I know DMC already used motion capture but for a movie.......for Avatar it made sense for the scenes when they were aliens but what are we going to motion capture the human characters as well.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Well they wanted to do that for an Enslaved Odyssey to the West film, have it done like motion capture that was done in the game. If a cgi DmC film had that, it would pretty much be like how they've made the video game, but on a larger budget and graphics to the level of Avatar. Why not animate humans? Tintin had that and they pulled it off pretty well ^_^

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well they wanted to do that for an Enslaved Odyssey to the West film, have it done like motion capture that was done in the game. If a cgi DmC film had that, it would pretty much be like how they've made the video game, but on a larger budget and graphics to the level of Avatar. Why not animate humans? Tintin had that and they pulled it off pretty well ^_^

Okay but what I see is DMC with better graphics or a more realistic look and no not DmC.

But the main issue is the amount viewers it want to pull in....I'm sure this movie won't be a box hit seller like Harry Potter, the Dark Knight trilogies, and many other American classics but it gotta have some sort of viewer ship total....I mean there is at the most 1 million DMC fans will be willing to pay to watch it then. IMO then the age rating must be PG-13 (for DMC's case) to attract enough viewers if the movie looks good enough to attract not even non fans but gotta be rated R (for DmC's case) cause DmC actually looks like it can pull in more American viewership than DMC.

Top Bottom