• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry: Conquering

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Vergil just made the DT more powerful. Nero DTd in DMC4 before he had Yamato. And if you're trying to say that Vergil was in his arm...then I disagree.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 4

And so the war finally starts with a small conflict between these three. Terrible that it will grow into such a bloody conflict.

Vergil exploded forward in a blur of speed, diving right into Nero, smashing and sliding against the floor before bouncing right back up into the air. Dante didn't think Nero would be capable of holding his own against Vergil, but he was countering the barrage of super-fast attacks that Vergil had him locked in.

Dante could barely see them, they were moving so fast, but in one moment, Nero yelped and Vergil was out of sight, leaving Nero to fall. It was silent until Vergil seemingly flew into Nero out of nowhere, crashing into the ground. Dante went to investigate, only to have it revealed that Vergil tackled Nero into the portal.

"Dammit. Well, here goes." Dante sighed and hopped into the portal, leaving it to close behind him.

Upon falling from the ceiling out of the other side of the portal, Dante landed in what seemed to be an organic room. It was vast. Dante trudged forward a few steps, glancing around. He couldn't see anything aside from the fleshy walls of the room, and the squishy, wet floor. However, Dante could hear everything. Nero and Vergil were still locking swords. The clanging of their blades rattled through the room, and the air whistled, cut by their sheer speed.

Dante listened until a split second when they right above him, and in that short frame of time, he jumped straight up, sticking himself between the both of them, "Come on now, guys, can't we just settle this kindly over a beer or two?"

Vergil jerked his head to both sides, rapidly looking all over the room, and then propelled himself off of Dante, landing on one wall, ricocheting off of it and onto the next wall, and then flew back into Nero and Dante from the side, tackling them. All three smashed into the ground together, creating a large crater.

Vergil growled in Dante's face, Dante chuckling until he noticed what was behind Vergil. A dome of Vergil's magic swords was floating above their crater, and in that moment, Vergil jumped away, and the swords came flying down into Dante and Nero. Nero gasped in pain, coughing up a small bit of blood, and Dante cringed, pulling one of the blades from his chest. It didn't matter. Vergil clinched his fist tightly, and all of the swords exploded into a magnificent, blue flame.

Feet gently touching down onto the floor, Vergil scoffed, changing back into his normal self. "Waste of time."

He turned, walking towards a gigantic, white marble set of doors, and pushed them open. This room was drastically different from the previous one, taking on the appearance of a kings palace. Marble pillars protruded from a white, tiled floor. Everything had a distinct shine to it. At the end of the room, a gargantuan statue sat.

Vergil strode up to it, "Mundus. Your death will be carried out by my hands on this very day. It is time for your short lived freedom from this shell."

A deep voice laughed, "Ha! You have no idea why I brought you here, do you?" Mundus sighed, "Son of Sparda...you are the gate through which I will invade and destroy Earth. Your body will be my weapon. You will once more be a slave to my will."

The statue's head began to glow, three bright, red circles appearing. A beam of energy shot out of Mundus' head, enveloping Vergil.

"Wha- What is this trickery?! What are you- AGH!" Vergil squirmed, unable to escape the cage of energy.

Mundus laughed, "No point in trying to escape."

Then Dante, charred and bleeding, walked through the door, Nero slumped over his shoulder. He frowned. "I knew I recognized this place."

Dante sat Nero down on the floor, looking at Vergil and then Mundus. "Let him go Mundus. You're not taking him from me again."

"Ah, Dante! Right you are. I'm not taking him from you. I'm becoming him!" Mundus chuckled.

The beam joining Mundus and Vergil started to expand, surging on occasion. Vergil screamed in agony, "No...you...can't... you can't do this to me! I will come back! Get out of my head! AGH...DANTE!"

Vergil flailed, attempting to escape before one last surge struck his body. The beam faded. Vergil laid seemingly lifeless on the ground. Dante limped over to his body, only to be blown back by an explosive wave of energy. Vergil's body floated into the air, and he turned to look at Dante.

His voice sounded different as he greeted Dante, "Hello, scum of Sparda."

"MUNDUS?!" Dante took a step forward, surprised.

"Yes, it is me, Dante." Mundus smiled wickedly through Vergil, "And now, I will destroy your home and your world, along with all of it's people, so that demon-kind may flourish in a new domain!"

Dante attempted to run forward so he could attack Vergil, but he missed as Vergil's body faded away. "****!"

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 4: Part 2

Has Nero died?

No. As I said before, Nero is far stronger than the other two. It will take something horrific to kill him.

I agree.

Sparda...you think that Nero is more powerful than both of your other sons?

I do. It wasn't even that long ago that he proved this to be true by unleashing the Devil Bringer. It was with him since he was born. All of us have something, a devil form, if you will. He has become so powerful that part of his true devil form has made itself a permanent feature.

Sparda, you never did tell us. Why did you orphan that boy?

It was for his own good.

But why?

When they were all born, I felt something from them all, but he was different. Something about him felt...pure. I only felt power from the other two. But Nero just seemed different. I don't know how to describe it, but I didn't want him to be like the other two would be. I knew they would develop in their own ways, but I had to make sure he was completely his own.

Sparda, you're not making much sense.

Credo, when you first met that young man, what did you see in him.

I don't know.

Yes you do. You don't want to admit it, but you saw a real, noble hero. We've seen what happened to Vergil, and Dante isn't exactly the perfect paragon.

Yes, this is true, but how is he going to stand up to Mundus?

Nero is more powerful than Dante, and you don't think he can defeat Mundus?

No. Not now. Mundus has gained more strength in these past few years than you could imagine.

It doesn't matter. We will fight at Nero's side, and we will all destroy Mundus.

Yes. Well, we'd best prepare ourselves. It will be very soon now. Before the moon rises, there will be blood spilled.

-----

"Come on kid! Wake up! The world is in danger and your ass is asleep!" Dante yelled, smacking Nero across the face a couple of times. Nero flinched.

"Dammit! Wake the hell up! Mundus is going to go kick the world's ass and you're taking a nap!" Dante said, almost begging. And then one of Nero's eyes moved.

"Dante...get off of me...you smell." Nero chuckled.

"Wow, you're one smooth criminal. You get the **** kicked out of you and you can still come out with a few classy insults." Dante laughed, pulling Nero up. "C'mon, we got get outta here. Mundus already left with Vergil."

"Well, let's go help him them." Nero nodded, edging over to the marble doors.

"There won't be any helping him. Mundus took Vergil's body over." Dante looked at Nero, shrugging.

"Well...ain't that something? We still gotta get out there. I have to make sure Kyrie is okay." Nero waved his hand towards the door, and jogged back outside.

"Where's the portal?" Nero asked, looking back at Dante.

"Mundus must have closed it when I fell through behind the two of you." Dante frowned, looking at the ceiling.

"How the hell do we get out of here then?" Nero glanced at the ceiling, asking Dante.

Dante scratched his head, and looked up at Nero, "How did Vergil do all of his ninja tricks?"

"Maybe he just concentrates really hard on a place that he wants to go?" Nero shrugged, doubting his guess.

"Well...it's worth a try." Dante grabbed Nero by the shoulder and shut his eyes. Thinking of the Devil May Cry shop, he imagined all of the things he owned, and where they were in the shop, and everything outside of the shop, and he thought of the convenient store and that fat lady behind the cashier's desk and...God did he hate her face. He could spend a whole hour listing things he didn't like about her, and-

Dante's thoughts were interrupted as he and Nero were sucked into a nothingness and spat out into one of the isles of the convenient store. Nero landed on his back, and Dante smashed into one of the shelves, knocking it's contents all over the floor.

The fat lady appeared at the end of the isle, "What the- where did you- why the hell are you destroying my shop you asshole?!"

Dante looked over at her, "Listen up...I've had one HELL of a day, and if you don't the shut the **** up, I'm going to rip the blubber right off'a your ass...so leave me the hell alone!" Dante dusted his jacket off and walked over to one of the coolers, pulling out two beers.

He walked back over to Nero and helped him up, handing him a beer, "Here, bottoms up." Dante smiled, and they both drank the beer right in front of the woman.

"Adios." Dante waved at her as he and Nero left the store.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I like the little dialogue with Sparda explaining about Nero to Credo... Nice. I don't think the others will like that you said Nero was stronger than Dante and Vergil, but I'm backing it wholeheartedly. :p Keep it going!

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 4: Part 3

You killed her! You son of a bitch, you killed her!

Nero and Dante walked down the street, glancing around at everything. Nothing seemed to be out of order. There were even a couple of bums on the side of the street. The sun was setting, leaving orange and purple streaks across the clouds in a dark, gray-blue sky.

And then it happened. All at once, over ten different explosions occurred throughout the city. Fire was quick to spread and burn down even more buildings. People came rushing out of every door possible, screaming in fear. Soon, the sky was black and red, and the city burned ferociously.

"See anything out of the ordinary yet?" Dante asked Nero, both of them still walking through town.

"What? Aside from a burning city? No." Nero shrugged.

A screech came from a nearby ally, followed by a woman screaming. The girl came running out, pushing past Nero, and following her on all fours came a demon. It looked like one of the demons they'd fought earlier, but it's body was white except for it's horns and the ends of all of it's limbs, which all appeared to be on fire.

Upon noticing Nero and Dante, the thing came to an abrupt halt. A gigantic scythe appeared in it's hands and within that very second, it lunged forward. Dante put his pistol forward and fired one shot. The demon hit the ground and slid, leaving a small trail of blood on the road.

"Demons lack style anymore. Weak ass." Dante smirked and continued walking.

"So...does that count for your concept of 'out of the ordinary'? Or do you need something a bit bigger and scarier?" Nero smiled.

"I think that oughta suffice." Dante looked around, "So...I guess we should split up. We'll have a better chance of finding Vergil and Mundus if we do."

Nero nodded, "Good idea...but before we go, don't you think we should handle those guys over there?" He asked, pulling his sword from his back, pointing at a large group of the fiery demons with it.

"Sure thing. Just lead the way, would you kindly?" Dante made a tiny bow, smiling.

"My pleasure." Nero slowly sped up until he was running, and then he smashed the tip of his sword into the ground, revving it up while he flipped over it and into the group of demons. Upon landing, he spun around, slicing through three of the demons, allowing the heated liquid to spew out and catch them on fire...completely.

Dante rolled in behind Nero, both pistols drawn, and fired in all directions while sitting on one knee. When one of them came too close, he quickly holstered his guns, and whipped out Rebellion, jabbing into the demon several dozen times until it was nothing more than a bloody mass.

"You know...this day just progressively gets worse and worse as we go." Dante shook his head, chuckling.

Nero sighed, nodding, "Yeah...that's very true. Now that that's done, you take the left, and I'll take the right."

"Let's rock."

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Mundus... what a pain in the @rse.
I think Nero could be stronger than the twins... even Nero himself doesn't realize he could be a full demon. In the game, i not sure that he knows what he is.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
BlueDevil;201988 said:
"You know...this day just progressively gets worse and worse as we go." Dante shook his head, chuckling.

I think it'd be more insynch with Dante's character if you changed 'worse and worse' to 'better and better', since Dante loves kicking demon butt.

Dante's voice rasped in response, "No...he's just getting started."
- Total EPICNESS!! :lol: :lol: Yeah, Vergil OWNED Nero - WHOOP WHOOP :D

This is very very good entertainment, and I LOVE that you're bringing Sparda into it too! Yayyyyy *happy fangirl squee* But the action is top notch. Keep it up!! :D

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 5

Credo ran through the golden tiled halls of High Realm, trying to get to the council room as quickly as possible. Upon bursting through the door, Sparda and Lord Evangel turned to meet him.

Credo walked over to them, glancing out of the balcony to see the ocean of clouds before them. Angels flew between massive towers in the distance, and gleaming rays of sunlight reflected off of the shine of the colossal, castle walls.

"Sparda, Lord Evangel, the time has come. Mundus' plan took effect much faster than we'd expected! He's already overpowered and destroyed a third of the planet! We must go NOW!" Credo plead.

Sparda removed the monocle from his eye, wiping it off, and placed it in the pocket of his newly sewn, purple jacket, "Credo, is the legion prepared?"

Lord Evangel stepped away from the balcony, "I took initiative and got them ready several hours ago, Sparda. All that needs to be down now is the summoning of the portal at the North Gate."

"Come then! We must move with haste!" Credo waved them to follow, and ran out of the door.

"Something about this doesn't feel right." Sparda said, concerned.

"Nothing seems right when millions of people lose their lives in the blink of an eye." Evangel said, trying to reason.

"I suppose that is very true. Come on, Credo will be there before we even leave if we stay in here too much longer." Sparda nodded, running from the room.

Evangel took one last look over the balcony, "Mundus...I guess a family reunion is due about now."

-----

Nero was sweating from the heat of all the fire. People were running past him in the streets, and even more were dead, laying still on the sides, or being carried off by demons. Nero hacked his way through a few more demons before coming to the edge of the street.

"What...the hell?" There was nothing but a decent into what looked to be fire. The road had been destroyed, ripped apart but some force of demonic power. All that was left was a blazing ravine.

Turning back to go the other way, Nero was grabbed by the collar of his shirt and kicked into a nearby building. "Looking for me was a bad idea, boy." Mundus' voice echoed outward from Vergil.

"You! I'm going to kick your ass!" Nero jumped back up, running towards Vergil.

"Catch me if you can." Mundus laughed, mimicking Vergil's body and jumping away. He faded in the sky.

"Ugh, dammit!" Nero glanced around, looking for Vergil.

"I'm behind you!" Mundus laughed again, disappearing once more, as Nero swung his sword around.

Smashing Red Queen into a nearby chunk of wall, Nero jerked on the sword, trying to rip it out. He looked around for Vergil "Damn you! Fight me!" Nero yelled angrily.

"You don't want that." Mundus appeared next to Nero, planting a knee in his gut with Vergil.

Nero fell back, coughing on his saliva, "Ugh, what the hell are you talking about?! Stop attacking like a coward and show me some skill! I thought you were supposed to be a God! You're just a weakling!"

"Boy-" Mundus laughed, "You wouldn't want me to fight you. I'd kill you in mere seconds."

"Why don't we test that theory of yours out." Nero frowned, finally managing to pull his sword from the rubble.

"Hmm...how about this? I release Vergil from my physical control, and you fight him instead."

"No, I want your blood!" Nero yelled.

"Well...if you actually did manage to kill me, you would never learn the location of your dearly beloved. Oh, did I mention that yet? I have your lovely, young lady stashed away. I did it just for you!" Mundus laughed, putting one of Vergil's hands on Nero's shoulders.

Nero jumped, startled, "Agh! What...how do you know her?! What have you done with Kyrie?! I'll DESTROY you!" Nero struggled, grabbing at Vergil. Vergil hopped away.

"I've been watching you and Dante for a very long time. Of course I'd know about Kyrie." Mundus paused after speaking, something in the sky catching his attention, "I must leave. I have business to tend to. I'll play with you later."

Nero attempted to punch Vergil, but he jumped back and bounced onto a building, hopping away. "Dammit! Come back here!" Nero screamed, chasing after Mundus.

Another explosion of fire knocked Nero back, creating another gash in the city. Demons began crawling out of the fiery pit, and Nero began shooting, slicing, and killing. "Get out of my way!"

-----

Dante had already been fighting off a horde of demons when a gigantic, golden gate appeared in the sky, "Oh what the hell could possibly come out of that thing? There's just too many of these guys today...but I guess this is good practice." Dante smirked, before backhanding a demon and then jabbing it with his sword.

After it was dead he placed Rebellion on his back and looked back at the gate. He could see little specs coming out of it, and squinted, trying to make out what they were. "Are those...Angels? Hmph, nice time to make an appearance." Dante chuckled.

All of the demons around Dante were dead, so Dante continued to walk down the street, right past Love Planet, which had been utterly destroyed. Still concentrating on the gate, Dante was stopped by a flash of light and a body shaking shock-wave. Taking a couple steps away from the dust that was kicked up from a newly formed crater in the ground, Dante's eyes widened at the sight of the figure that emerged.

"Dante."

"Dad..."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Holy crap is Dante gonna feel resent for his father... After all, he DID leave him when he was at a young and vulnerable age, so it's natural that he'd hate Sparda.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 5: Part 2

Nero cut through one demon, leading into another, and revved up his sword. The magma-like liquid helped him slice through several more enemies, cutting through them like butter. Nero was breaking out in a sweat, and he was almost at the point of insanity. He was becoming hysterical with worry for Kyrie.

A swarm of demons covered him, but he knocked them off with ease, his Devil Bringer arm flinging them off, "Get the hell out of my way!"

Nero began jumping over several of the large ravines in the ground when out of nowhere, he was struck to the side by a giant club, stretching out of one of the fiery gashes. He struggled to get back up, laying eyes on his predator.

"RAH, Son of Sparda! You will not take me so easily this time! Not like you did before!" The gigantic, flaming spider said, crawling the rest of the way out of the pit.

"I don't have time for this ****! Shut the hell up and get of my way!" Nero yelled furiously.

"You dare speak to me in such a way?! You will learn to fear and bow before the wrath of Phantom!" Phantom yelled, as what seemed to be a large, scorpion tail unrolled itself from his back.

"All of you big demons are the same! Large, stupid and annoying!" Nero said before jumping onto Phantom, attempting to gouge his eyes out from above.

Nero was unsuccessful as the giant tail swooped down, knocking him off and sending him crashing into a nearby dumpster. Nero hopped up, once more revving the sword, "LEAVE ME THE **** ALONE!" He screamed, images of an endangered Kyrie flooding his mind.

"Hah! You are conflicted. You may prove to be an easy fight this time!" Phantom laughed, speedily crawling towards Nero, leaving large, magma-filled cracks in the road. He clawed at Nero with his front two legs, attempting to beat him down. Nero just jumped above him, whipping out Blue Rose and unleashing a load of shots.

The spider demon screeched, once more using his tail to swipe Nero away. Nero smashed into the ground with a thud, but quickly rolled over, blocking another leg with his sword, releasing the fire-liquid, which did absolutely nothing. He struggled against the sheer weight of the demon, still thinking of Kyrie, and then lost his grip on the sword, the leg falling down and crushing him.

-----

"You leave...and then you have the balls to show up twenty something years later! Who the hell do you think you are?" Dante snarled at Sparda, shaking his head.

"I guess I deserve that for leaving you behind all of those years ago, but now is not the time for an explanation. Dante, the world is being taken over by Mundus." Sparda said.

"You don't think I know that? If you haven't noticed, this whole damn city is on fire, and nearly everyone in it is dead!" Dante scoffed, "I just...I can't believe that you're alive after all of these years."

"Son, I'm not. You have to understand that I died shortly after I left you. The only reason I'm even here right now is because of the peril the world is in." Sparda said, reasoning with Dante.

"Whatever, I'm going. This is starting to become a little too crazy for my tastes. I need to find the kid and make sure he's not getting himself into any trouble." Dante began walking, still shaking his head.

"You mean Nero?" Sparda asked.

"How the hell do you know who he is?" Dante turned around, surprised.

"I'll explain in a while. For now, let's go find him." Sparda nodded, and they both set off.

-----

The leg kept on lifting up and falling back down, continuously crushing Nero, who no longer had the power to fight. "Aha! Not so tough anymore, are you, Son of Sparda?!"

Nero replied in between every crushing, as best as he could, "Why...does...every...one...keep...calling...me...that?" Nero said, almost unable to talk. His vision started to fade when the beating stopped, and he heard Phantom scream.

"AGH, dammit! There are more...SPARDA?!" The spider demon yelled, being pummeled by two more of the white-headed devil hunters.

Nero almost passed out, and he could no longer hear anything, when he felt a hand on his face. A distant voice called out to him, "Hey...c'mon kid. Don't die yet, we've still got save the planet."

Nero attempted to wake up, but he couldn't, and several seconds later, he felt himself being slumped over something, a shoulder perhaps.

-----

"So, now that we've got the kid, you gunna tell me what the hell is up?" Dante looked over the passed out Nero on his shoulder at Sparda.

"Dante, you know just as well as I do that we still don't have time right now." Sparda shook his head.

"Well, dammit, you'd better start talking soon!" Dante said angrily, still walking off.

Sparda growled, "Let's at least get to shelter then."

"Take a damn look around, everything is on fire!" Dante snarled once more.

Nero shifted, and began to wake up. Dante set him down on the ground, and knelt down next to him, "Almost thought that big ass spider got you...sadly, I've kicked his ass before, so what's that say about you?"

Nero shrugged, "Shut...the hell up." Nero paused, getting his thoughts in order, "K-Kyrie! I have to find Kyrie!"

"Calm down. I don't think Mundus is going to harm her. At least not yet." Sparda said, trying to reassure Nero.

Upon looking at Sparda, Nero's eyes widened, "I...know you...but from where?"

"It makes sense-" Sparda said, "You're my third son."

Both Dante and Nero looked at Sparda, astonished, and said in unison, "What the hell did you just say?!"

"Yes. I am your father, Nero. I'm sorry, I would explain more, but the task at hand is just too important." Sparda explained, pulling Nero up from the ground.

Dante looked at Nero, and then at Sparda, "So...we're all family?" Then a thought came to his mind, "Wait! If you're still alive, then...is...mom?" Dante asked, almost reverting to a child-like facial expression.

"Yes, Eva is still 'alive'." Sparda looked back over to Nero, "As is your mentor, Credo."

"What?! Credo is still alive?!" Nero grabbed Sparda by the shoulder.

"Yes, and he is here. If you want to see him, I recommend we leave before we are detained by more demons." Sparda said, walking away.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
i love a family reunion. Its a shame it's under those circumstances though. Keep going, still loving it.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 5: Part 3

It didn't take too long for the trio to find Credo. He was not far from Sparda, fighting a few demons. They were easily defeated by Credo, and upon victory, Credo turned, smiling at the sight of Sparda and the other two.

"Credo! I thought you were dead!" Nero smirked, stepping forward.

"I am dead, so don't get too comfortable with me being around again." Credo snorted.

"W-whatever." Nero paused, "So, are we going to find this douche-bag or what? He's got Kyrie."

Credo's brow raised, "He has my sister?!"

Sparda looked over to him, "Yes, and I suggest we go find him before he decides he's done with her."

Nero grabbed Sparda's shoulder, "I thought you said he wouldn't hurt her!"

"I said he wouldn't for now. There's no guarantee that he'll keep her alive for too much longer though."

"Dammit, then let's go!" Nero yelled, running off.

"Wait, we don't even...oh it's useless when it concerns Kyrie." Credo sighed.

Sparda smiled, "It's alright Credo, we just have to keep up with him."

Credo nodded, and began running after Nero, followed by Sparda and Dante, who shook his head, "Crap, that kid sure is truckin'."

Nero rushed through the streets of the city, not even stopping to fight any of the demons that kept on crawling out to attack him and the others. He kept running until he set eyes on something, a giant, undead looking eagle. It's left set of rib bones stuck out, and over half of it's body looked charred and mangled.

It flew downwards, landing somewhere on the outskirts of the city. Nero assumed that if it wasn't torturing survivors of the initial attack, it was with Mundus, helping him achieve some evil plan. Nero ran in the direction of the demon's landing.

Dante stopped when he saw the demon bird, and scratched his head, "Man, what is this? A demon reunion? Every demon I beat the **** out of within the last decade making it's reappearance or something?"

It took a good ten minutes before they arrived at the location, but Nero was spot on. Upon arrival, he saw the gigantic bird and Vergil, who turned to greet all four of them.

"Ah, what a surprise this is! I thought I felt your presence, Sparda! And look, you brought kids." Mundus laughed, "Hey, little Nero, look and see what I've got."

He laughed even more, pointing at Griffin, who was carrying an unconscious Kyrie in it's talons. The bird flapped it's wings, and set off, leaving Mundus behind with Nero and the others.

"You son of a bitch! LET HER GO!" Nero screamed in anger.

"Aw, that wouldn't bring any fun for me though." Mundus chuckled.

"You're sick!" Nero said shaking his head.

Credo tapped him gently on the shoulder, "Come, Nero. We'll go find the demon and Kyrie. Sparda and his other son should be able to stall Mundus for now."

Nero nodded, and the both of them began chasing the other demon down.

Mundus stared at Sparda through Vergil's eyes. There was a cold, hateful silence for several minutes, and then Mundus' booming laugh echoed though the area once more, "Ah, this is just...absolutely wonderful! High Realm has finally decided to show itself, and all of the Sparda bloodline are here, at the same time!"

"You've overstepped your boundaries Mundus. This time, there won't be any going back to Hell. You're going to die for good." Sparda replied.

"You don't understand! I've broken my power's limit! With my last defeat, I became stronger than even you, Sparda! Now the world, humanity, and even High Realm will fear, and bow before the power of me! King of the Underworld! No one can stand up to me! With this vessel I now control, the whole world will feel my absoluteness!"

"Brother, you're in for more of a shock than you expected." Lord Evangel said, walking in from behind Sparda, his long, yellow cape fluttering in the draft of the city's destruction. His white suit shined with gold trim, and the large, thin sword on his belt exuded pride and strength.

"Evangel?! You were supposed to be gone! I erased you from existence!" Mundus yelled.

"No, you only imprisoned me for a number of years, but when Sparda defeated you, your spell broke, and I was released from my captivity into High Realm, where I became ruler." Evangel nodded, short-cut blonde hair bobbing with every tilt of his head.

"What?! You lead High Realm?!" Mundus asked in even more surprise, Vergil stepping forward.

"Yes, I do, and n-"

"It doesn't matter! You'll fall before me just the same! Prepare to worship that which is far greater than you will ever be! I will enslave every being in the cosmos, starting with you three!" Mundus screamed, rushing forward with Vergil, unsheathing Yamato.

Dante glanced over at Sparda and Evangel, "Let's kick his ass."

Vergil closed in, and Sparda, Dante and Evangel drew their swords, running right back at Vergil. A massive wave of energy burst outwards as all four blades clanged together.

Mundus yelled once more, "This will be the end of everything you are!"

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 6

Go...get em' kid...you're...the hero.

Nero chased down the giant demon all the way to the mountains outside of the city. It disappeared above the peak, so Nero started running up, climbing, using his Devil Bringer to reach high ledges; whatever he had to do to get to the top.

Nero was almost at the top when the rocks below his foot crumbled out from beneath him. He slipped, holding on by nothing but his demonic arm. "Dammit, Kyrie, I'm coming!" He yelled, pulling himself up, and climbing the rest of the way to the top.

At the top of the mountain was an old, battered down temple, looking a whole lot like a church. There was no roof, and the front side, along with a good bit of the right was completely gone. Nero could see a small waterfall trickling down the side of the mountain behind the church, leading down into a small river that was flowing away from the city.

"Ah, so you did come. Mundus told me that if I took the girl it would most likely divide your forces." The giant bird flapped down, landing in the middle of the church, still holding Kyrie.

"I am Griffin, one of Mundus' many demon generals." The bird still spoke.

"Yeah? Well, you look like a piece of **** to me! I'm so sick of all of these introductions and speeches. All of you demons just need to shut the hell up and die!" Nero yelled, shaking his fist. "Give me Kyrie!"

"Nero, I don't think we'll get her without a fight." Credo said, finally making it to the top of the mountain. He was in his devil state.

"He is correct, boy. I must not fail my master again, so unless I die, you do not get the girl." Griffin set Kyrie down behind him. There was a pause, and then Griffin's mandible-like beak spread apart, a fowl shriek erupting from it.

An immense rumbling shook the ground, and within seconds, Phantom burst through the ground at the side of the church, "Oh! Look who it is! I guess we're gunna have another go at it, eh?"

Nero and Credo glanced at both of the demons, pulling their swords out, and Nero stared at Kyrie, retorting, "Yeah, I guess we are. This time...no losers. Just winners!"

Phantom jumped into the sky, and Griffin flew up with him. Phantom fell back down next to Nero, and the two immediately commenced in combat, while Griffin began charging up a red beam of lightning in his mouth, which he unleashed at Credo, who blocked it with the remnant of his Aegis Shield.

-----

Dante had just been knocked away from Vergil, when Sparda managed to knock Yamato out of his hands. Losing his weapon, Mundus reverted to using Vergil's summoned swords, throwing them at everyone in sight. Dante managed to blast the ones flying at him away with his pistols, and Sparda deflected them with a sword that looked fairly similar to Force Edge. Evangel was the only one who was hit, but only one managed to cut him across his shoulder.

"I'm going to kill you all!" Mundus shouted, before rolling over to Vergil's katana and pulling it from the ground, devil triggering as he grabbed it.

"So you want to play rough, huh?" Dante laughed, smiling as he devil triggered as well.

Sparda came next, followed by Evangel. The three continued to clash blades for the next five minutes or so, releasing massive bursts of energy with every strike. It continued until Dante finally ran Rebellion through Vergil's gut, upon which Vergil, not Mundus, grunted in pain.

Vergil pushed away, and Mundus' voice came back, shouting at the three, "Ugh! Damn you!" The comment was followed by the retreat of Vergil, who began running in the same direction the Nero and Credo took.

-----

Nero revved up the sword, becoming so angry with the spider demon that he involuntarily devil triggered. No longer in possession of Yamato only changed the appearance of the spectre that normally helped Nero. It was no longer there, but Nero still glowed a bright blue color, and his eyes shined red. He put all of his strength into one swing, releasing the sword's heated liquid as well, and managed to cut off one of Phantom's entire legs. The spider demon screamed in pain and anger as lava-blood spewed from his new stub.

"Eat that you bastard!" Nero's voice rasped as he went in for another attack. It was interrupted by the arrival of a new enemy, Mundus.

Vergil's body came flying over the edge, and he landed gracefully on his feet, running into the church. Phantom fell back into the church as well, still grunting in absolute pain, and was followed by Griffin who unleashed one more wave of lightning bolts at Credo, who dodged them all, before landing.

Shortly following Mundus was Dante, Sparda and Evangel, who all came racing onto the top of the mountain as well.

Sparda stepped forward, "Mundus, you're trapped now. You've nowhere else to run, so this ends here!"

Vergil stepped forward, shaking his fist as Mundus spoke, "You haven't any clue of what I'm capable of doing! So keep your mouth closed Sparda, or I'll rip it off and keep it as a trophy!"

Evangel shook his head, "Mundus, Sparda is right. This place is where your life will come to an end. You might as well fight us with honor."

"With honor? What do you know about honor?! You who tried to steal my throne all of those years ago! You're nothing but a low life scum!"

Dante chimed in, "Even I've beaten your face in before, so you might as well give up. I'm getting kind of hungry, so it'd be nice if you'd surrender or die."

Credo and Nero both stepped forward, Credo being the first to talk, looking at Dante, "He will not surrender to us. He will only die before us."

Dante glanced back at Credo, "Way to ruin my fun."

Mundus yelled, "You're all a bunch of idiotic animals!"

He continued to scream at them, but something caught Nero's eye, "Kyrie?"

Kyrie, still laying at the back of the church, was beginning to move, and when she looked up, she saw Vergil, recognizing him as the man who captured her. She attempted to stand, struggling to walk, and picked up a fist sized rock. Stumbling silently over to Vergil, she held the rock high, about to knock it over the side of his head, when Yamato quickly and effortlessly slid into her stomach. The rock tumbled out of her hands and onto the ground, Kyrie following.

"KYRIE! YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Nero screamed, dashing forward and leaping into the air, Red Queen at his side.

"Kid!" Dante yelled after him, shaking his head and sprinting forward with Rebellion.

Credo's eyes widened, and he too followed into battle.

Evangel and Sparda exchanged quick looks, and rushed in as well.

Vergil smiled, mimicked by Mundus. Vergil, Phantom and Griffin charged into the oncoming five, and the battle began.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Mother of... Words cannot express the awesomeness, but one thing's been bugging me... Where's Nightmare? He's not dead, is he?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sweet! I hope he actually TALKS this time... The only time he made even ONE vocalization in the first game was that mechanical roar after you defeat him for the last time, and he begins to collapse.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Surprises, surprises, but he's still a good bit away, so you'll have to hold onto your trousers. Bwuahahahaha, cough cough....aaaah my kidney.

Top Bottom