• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry: Conquering

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
PROLOGUE

No...you...can't...you can't do this to me! I will come back! Get out of my head! AGH...DANTE!

Dante wasn't easily aroused from his sleep, but the nightmare had sure done it's job. He gave the room a quick one-over, and slipped into his jacket. It smelled like pizza and gun-smoke, a coupling of smells he could deal with.

Glancing around the room one more time, he grabbed his pistols and Rebellion. "Dammit, I'm gunna have to find some kind of medicine." The thought was one of sadness and humor, for Dante was just too strong for any medicine to really take effect.

He sighed, and headed for the door. It was the longest dozen steps he'd ever taken in his life, and even as he made it to the door, it became longer, for he hesitated, looking back at his shop. Standing still for two minutes, he decided that nothing was out of place and walked out.

An immediate, powerful wave of rain started pecking at his dark red vest, and the jacket below it. He never thought he'd wear one, but he went ahead and slipped the black hoodie's top over his head. Dante put it on before he put the jacket on...actually, he'd fallen asleep in it.

Dante trudged through the empty back-alleys of the town, until he came upon a small convenient store. Slipping his pistols into his jacket, and making sure that his sword was firmly secured in it's guitar case, he walked in.

A rather large lady with curly, dark blonde hair pulled back into a bun, and a huge, black mole on the left side of her nose snorted behind the cashier's desk and gave him a raised brow. Dante returned the look with disinterest. He strolled down the isles until he was standing next to the alcohol. He popped open the fridge containing the drinks, and grabbed a beer. It was lite, but whatever...it was still beer.

He walked back over to the lady and set the bottle down on her desk. She sat there, typing away on a computer that was undoubtedly less than twice the size of her plump hand. "Ugh...lady? How much?" Dante huffed.

She glanced up at him, but only for a second, "Honey, can't you see I'm tryin' to do somethin' real quick? Just hold onto your trousers."

He sighed, thoroughly annoyed by the fact that it had been five minutes since she told him to wait, but still, he waited. And waited. And waited. "Miss, seriously, I'd like to buy the damned beer and get outta here. Is it really so much of a hassle to get up for one minute, and take some money so I can get on with my life too?"

She looked at him, eyes squinted, almost to the point of being shut, and turned back to her computer, "I told you to hold on."

That was the last draw. Dante grabbed the beer and walked towards the door. As soon as the fat lady stood up, Dante raised his middle finger at her, "Not a word."

Outside, the rain had calmed down quite a bit. At least enough to where he wouldn't be bothered opening his beer and drinking it out here. And so he did.

Sighing with satisfaction, Dante chucked the bottle into the nearest dumpster and went on about his business. It was late night, Dante presumed it to be about eleven o'clock or so, so he was not late to get his new job. He quietly walked down the street to the dance club, water splashing up a little with every step he took.

This man that he was going to go meet didn't give him a name, and under any other circumstance, Dante wouldn't go to see an unnamed client, but something about the man's voice intrigued Dante, almost to the point of sounding familiar. He would find out soon enough.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
WOAH! I can tell that you put some SERIOUS thought into this! Great job! I'll read the rest once it get's posted!

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 1

And we were supposed to be twins.
Right...

Love Planet is what they called that oh so popular dance bar. It seemed more like a strip club to Dante, but that didn't matter now. Dante waltzed right in through the front doors, hit with the aura of sex, lust, money...and yes, even drugs. Little fat men smoking joints, paying tips to women in skimpy leather outfits. Smoke everywhere. Heavy techno thudding throughout, vibrating the walls and tables. Yup, this was Love Planet.

Perhaps the reason Dante's contact was so easy to find was the fact that he was the only one in a suit. And there was something about his eyes that caught Dante's attention...something new...yet familiar. Dante was starting to feel uncomfortable with the fact that this person had so many similarities with...whoever it was. That glimmer in his eyes though...that silver glimmer. It sent a shiver down Dante's spine.

A quick order to the bartender for a beer which was chugged down upon arrival, and Dante sat in the booth next to the man. His eyes had been locked onto Dante the whole time, but only now did they really seem so terrifying to Dante. Aside from the eyes, the only noticeable feature about the persons head was his pitch-black, sleeked back hair, a single bang protruding outwards. "Hello, Dante."

"Hello mister man. I'm guessing that you're going to tell me whatever it is you want me to do now...right?"

"Well, of course. Why else would I meet such an important person face to face? Surely not to waste their valuable time." The man gently smiled at Dante.

Dante waited several moments, taking in everything he could learn by looking the guy over. "Alright, let's get down to business then, shall we?" Dante flipped the bottle cap from his beer up into the air and caught it with his teeth, fidgeting with it as the man began to speak.

"You. You're a very known person among the demon world...as are all of your friends, Trish, Mary...or Lady as you call her, and Nero. We even have tabs on your brother, Vergil."

"What the hell did you just say? Are you telling me that Vergil is still alive?!" Dante spat the cap out of his mouth as he spoke, leaning forward, putting both of his hands on the table.

"Alive and well...but only in a sense. Of course you know that all demon's souls are trapped within their weapons once they 'die'." The mans smile was ever persistent on staying right there on his face and mocking Dante in his surprise. It had never really occurred to Dante that Vergil would be stuck in Yamato. The very same sword that Dante left in Nero's possession.

"But if he's alive...who the hell was that on Mallet Island?!"

"It was your brother. Yes, I know. Even I don't understand how Mundus managed to take Vergil prisoner, when his sword came under the Order's control."

Dante shook his head rapidly, "Just...whatever. What is it that you're wanting me to do?"

"Get your friends, all of them, together. You're going to need them, because the mission I'm sending you on will alter the interaction between the demon world and the human world forever." The man's smile finally faded away.

"Been there, done that." Dante leaned back.

"No. You're going to kill Mundus. Kill him." The man crossed his arms, and stared Dante in the eyes with a very cold look.

"That shouldn't be hard. I've already...wait, how in the hell do you even know who Mundus is?!" Dante wondered why he hadn't asked the question already.

"Dante, there are many things you will never know about me. But for now, you must trust me. It is, believe it or not, particularly urgent." The man leaned forward and looked past Dante, waving his hands. Something in the back crashed down and broke. Dante, turning to see what it was, saw that one of the waitresses dropped a platter of alcoholic beverages. As Dante turned, the presence of the man was gone, leaving him cold. Dante was alone in the booth.

One of the other waitresses walked over to him, "Hello sir. My you're a cute one...can I get you anything special?"

"No thank you."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 1: Part 2

Power. Give me more power!

The short walk back to the shop ended in a very tragic manner, for as Dante opened the door, it came off of it's hinges and fell into the mucky road, and thus the rain commenced on battering it with the merciless intent to make the wet dry.

Dante hissed, because he was tired...and fixing the door was work. He pulled the door back up, and propped it into the entrance at an angle. Rain still got through in tiny quantities, but it would do the trick for one night.

A snort and a sigh, a visit to the fridge for another drink, and Dante was out on the couch.

Of course, the next morning, he woke up groggier than ever, extremely grumpy. He attempted to remember what'd happened last night, and at the thought of the strange man in the dance bar, Dante hopped over to the phone. Strangely enough, it rang as he pulled away from it's base. His ears now rang as well, and he silently cursed the phone.

"Hello, this is Devil May Cry. Currently unavail-" Dante was cut short by the irritated voice of Lady.

"Dante, I'm coming down there today...and you'd better have a pile of money on your desk for me, or else there's gunna be hell to pay." Dante never remembered Lady sounding so ticked before, but he still ignored her anger.

"If I can even find any extra money, I can assure you that it will be going towards materials to help me survive my lonely days in this shop." Dante made sure to emphasize 'lonely' and 'survive'. Not to get the point of being a helpless guy across to Lady, but rather to annoy the **** out of her.

"Shut the hell up! I'm coming." And so the phone clicked and Dante knew there probably would be hell to pay.

"One down, two to go." Dante let himself know before dialing Trish's cell phone number.

Her answering message gave Dante an unpleasant hello, "Leave a message, I'm not here right now."

It was just so vague and...and...depressing. Trish really had to work on socializing, even through a cell phone's answering machine. Dante would have at least thrown a few words in there to make it seem like whoever was calling was getting into a 1-900 situation. The thought made Dante chuckle.

As soon as he was done leaving Trish a message, it was onto the kid. Nero would sure be the most difficult to convince to do anything. As far as Dante knew, Nero was trying to make a decent living with his redheaded treat. But Dante would give it a try. He dialed the number. A phone rang. Nero pushed over the broken door and walked into Dante's shanty shop.

Dante frowned, looking at him, and plugged the phone back into it's base. "Ever heard of knocking, kid?"

"Ever heard of a real door, smart guy?"

"Ever heard of a...a...uhm, shut up!" Dante threatened with a raised fist.

Nero shrugged, "Running out of the ol' ****y gibber gabber I see."

Dante snarled, "Boy, I oughta beat the white right off'a you!"

"Whatever, you called right before I walked in, so what do you want?" Nero looked at him, confident that he could best Dante in this secret situation of cat and mouse, or Dante and Nero...Nero being the mouse, Dante liked to think.

"What do you want, seeing as how you barged in my shop before I invited you."

"A drink. They don't have beer in Fortuna, and I also want to knock out two birds with one stone and annoy you." Nero smirked.

"Well, little Niwo-" Dante mocked, "-I'm fwesh outta da good stuff." Of course it was a lie. Dante still had two cases of beer in the fridge.

"Liar, I bet you still have at least two cases in your fridge." Damn he was good.

Dante sighed, giving him a beer, when Lady came in, kicking down the other door that provided half of the entrance. It was bright, early morning outside. "What the hell, woman! I have one broken door already! Why didn't you come through there?!"

"Because it's fun to make someone who owes you money suffer." Lady retorted in a very bitchy manner.

Dante sighed, "My friends...who hate me. How wonderful."

Nero and Lady laughed, and then there was Trish. "Oh look who it is. The third musketeer, here to make your life...a living hell." Lady smiled.

"Most likely." Dante replied, annoyed.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 1: Part 3

Just keep it together, Dante.

It was when Trish took a seat so uncomfortably close to Dante, that he became so completely fed up with the day, he just about felt the need to flail and babble incomprehensible things at everyone, but he held back. It was for the best. Dante simply shoved Trish away, and she frowned.

"Oh, Dante, what's the matter?" Trish said, trying to sound like his sweetheart.

"Woman, you don't even know." Dante replied, almost wheezing from the amount of current stress.

Nero leaned over the back of the couch, close enough that the air coming out of his nostrils lightly tickled the top of Dante's head, and spoke in a rather arrogant manner, "You know, Dante, this bad attitude you've been copping with us recently won't get you anywhere."

Then Lady propped herself over the arm of the couch, and whispered into his ear, "He's right honey-bun, and that especially doesn't fly with me, what with you owing about five thousand dollars to me and all."

So the day had finally come. Every single terror that really got on the raw side of his nerves...was on the raw side of his nerves. Damn, they even had Dante surrounded at that! And he twitched. "I'm going to royally beat the flippin' hell outta you guys one of these days." He sighed, taking a few deep breaths. "But, now that you're all here, we can get onto business!"

"Business? What's going on, Dante?" Trish quietly asked, a smirk on her face.

"We're all gunna go to hell...hopefully tonight." Dante smiled with closed eyes, leaving a quite confident look on his face.

"When did you get all emo on us? I never heard of anyone wanting to go to hell, mkay." Nero was quick to insult.

Dante's smile flipped itself upside down, "You ass, and you ass...and you know what? Just for good measure, Trish, you ass, too...I mean I got a contract. It is apparently a matter of world security."

Lady, irked by the previous comment, managed to squeeze out a question, "What's the contract all about?"

"Well...you bunch o' asses, we've all been hired to go kick the hell out of Mundus, and kill him." Dante smiled again.

"You seem to be taking this in a very care-free manner, Dante." Trish actually looked worried.

"Well, I already beat him down once...whose to say all four of us can't kill him?" Dante asked.

Trish was now full on frowning, "You expect us to go into his domain and kill him there? May I point out the thorough difference in power he will have? Plus, why now? What's going on that it's so important to do now?"

Lady, Nero and Trish all stared at Dante, and Dante looked back, "Hell if I know. It's obviously important to someone, and I'm positive there'll be a big ass payday."

They all exchanged baffled looks with one another and then looked back at Dante, and said in unison, "No way."

"You ass, you ass...and oh wait...you don't count anymore because of the aura of fail that surrounds you." And so one by one, they all left his shop, leaving Dante with two broken doors and a sense of loneliness.

"Whatever, I still have my beer. Now for pizza." He sighed, for later tonight, he would be embarking on a heroic journey by himself. Or so he thought.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 2

You can feel my presence, boy. I know you can.

Nero had been walking away from Dante's shop when the voice stabbed into his head. He froze in the middle of the street, still wet from the rain the night before. His arm stung, and it began to burn uncontrollably. He whimpered a bit, but held it together.

Glancing around, there was no one in sight, so he pulled the sleeve up from his arm. Much to his surprise, it was glowing a bright, lucid orange. It was so bright that Nero had to look away, eyes burning slightly.

A sudden pain shot from his arm to his whole body, and he buckled over in absolute agony. "AGH, what...how is this...what's going on?!"

The voice responded, "You've carried me for two years now. And in this time, I have been sleeping, but now I am awake, and you will help me return."

Nero twisted, squinting in pain, "But...who...what are you?"

"I am the soul and power of Yamato, a Son of Sparda. I am Vergil, and you will be my instrument."

Nero's eyes widened, and he opened up his Devil Bringer arm, allowing Yamato to materialize. The sword pulsed with heat, glowing a very faint blue. It almost felt as if the blade was trying to pull Nero. "What is it you want from me?"

"Freedom, and the ability to carry out my revenge."

"Revenge? On who?"

"Mundus."

Nero, still in pain, attempted to stand up and make a quick trip back to Dante's shop. Perhaps he would need to go with him after all.

-----A little while later-----

It was shortly after Dante had consumed the first half of the mini pizza, that Nero came barging back through his propped up shop doors, knocking them down yet again. "Ah C'MON MAN!"

"Shut the hell up, Dante...I'm coming with you." Nero said with labored breaths in between every word.

Dante paused, raising a brow, "What happened to you?"

Nero stuck his arm out for Dante to see. It was still glowing orange, and then Yamato materialized in it, the same as it was a few dozen minutes ago. "He's...talking to me. He's awake."

Dante stood up, observing the sword, and took it from Nero. An immediate sense of reconnection filled him. "Vergil."

"Dante." The voice of the sword filled the shop.

"This is something else." Dante smirked. He chucked the sword back to Nero and crossed his arms, "I guess we ought to go ahead and leave right now, eh?"

"That'd be nice." Nero responded.

This is when Dante realized, he didn't exactly know where to go. Sure, there were plenty of ways to get into the demon world, but the place was like a maze, and there was always the specific one you needed to enter to get to the place you wanted to be. "Just, uh...let me find out how to get there first."

The sword spoke once more, insulting Dante, "You oaf. You can never do things correctly on your own." And with that, a strange, blue, fluorescent light appeared below both Nero and Dante, and they were sucked into it.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 2: Part 2

This **** is crazy.

Upon arriving at...where ever they were, Dante was hit with several different smells, all of them relating to the distinct stench of the dead.

"Dante, this is where I must be freed. In this place." Vergil had once more spoken through his blade.

"As soon as I figure out where the hell we are." Dante glanced around, and then looked at Nero, who'd broken out in a small sweat. Nero shrugged.

"We are in the place of my ultimate burial. Mundus found little use in me after our encounter in the island castle, Dante, so he had me buried here...or rather, my body." Vergil snorted, irritated.

Nero looked around, "So...we're in the demon world."

Dante nodded, attempting not to smell the place. It was a futile attempt, and Dante gagged, inhaling more air than he meant to. There was only one thing he had to look forward to down here, and that was the ability to stroke his skin from the clean cut shave he'd given himself yesterday morning. It always took a while for the tiny hairs to erupt.

Dante and Nero observed their surroundings cautiously, and began their trek through the dull place.

Vergil started back up again, "You've grown since we last really met eachother. I wonder if I'll look as terrible as you do..."

"You know...you're really annoying. You should pretend to be a sword...oh wait, you are! You should pretend to be a better sword, and shut the hell up." Dante huffed, looking at the walls, which were devoid of any sort of detail.

Nero stared at Dante, and then Yamato, raising a thin brow, "So...you two are really brothers?"

Both Sons replied in unison, "Yes."

Nero was amazed...more shocked perhaps, but none the less, it was still a bit surprising. He shrugged and continued with following Dante down the large corridor until they both entered a room. It was a dainty room, not much bigger than a bedroom, and it had a door on every side minus the one they'd come from.

The katana rattled wildly, "The door on the left leads to my burial."

Dante looked at the door on the left. It was a wooden door, reminding him much of his shop doors. Pushing thoughts of how many times his shop had been destroyed, he pushed the door open, and walked though, an anxious Nero following him closely.

"Not much farther. Soon I will be free."

"Shut it down, fool. I'm not in the mood to listen to your ranting on and on about freedom and death." Dante was becoming fairly annoyed with the fact that Vergil was more talkative than that pair of demonic swords, Agni and Rudra.

Much to his pleasure, Dante saw that they were getting closer to another room, candlelight illuminating the hallway leading into it. An eerie, purple glow pulsated from the room, and as they stumbled in, a large coffin made it's rightful appearance on the far side of the room.

"Jesus Vergil...I didn't know you'd become a vampy after you died." Dante chuckled.

"If this foolish child-speak continues, I will be forced to hurt you, Dante." The sword rattled once more, the faint glow becoming more vivid.

Nero looked at the sword, and at the coffin, "So what do we do now?"

"Walk over to my coffin and open it. If my body is in their, which I'm certain it is, I wish you to push Yamato into me."

As soon as Dante opened the coffin, the cold presence of the dead body...the once living Vergil...filled the room. Everything was as Dante remembered about Vergil before seeing him as the dark knight on Mallet Island.

Nero tossed the sword over to Dante, and as Vergil had said, Dante pushed the sword into him. Everything began to glow. The purple aura emanating from the coffin turned a bright blue. Candles glowed intensely. And Vergil's body, along with his blade, lifted from the coffin, burning with such a bright color, Dante almost couldn't see.

A bright, blinding flash filled the room, and when Dante and Nero could see once more, standing before them was Vergil in the flesh, holding a sheathed Yamato.

He stretched his arms and back, and popped his neck, fumbling with his jacket until it was how he wanted it, and then he looked at Dante and Nero. "Finally free of that boy's possession."

Dante stared at him, "Man...you are one ugly sum- bitch. I think I liked you better as a silent weapon of absolute...silentness." Dante pulled himself into a comment he couldn't think to finish, and now he would surely pay the price. Vergil swatted him across the head with the hilt of his katana.

Dante rubbed his head, mouthing curse words at Vergil, and then turned to look at Nero, who looked absolutely astonished. Glancing back at Vergil, Dante felt the need to make one last thing painfully obvious to everyone.

"Goddamn, this was the most boring thing I've ever done in my life. Vergil, next time I save your ass from...whatever the hell you've been doing, you'd better make sure I get to have a little fun in the process. Seriously, this whole place is a little bit boring, even for the demon world. And there weren't even any guards...can we at least rob a bank in the process or something, next time?"

Vergil simply gave Dante the stink eye. "Shut up."

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ass, ass, ass. LOL. I actually laughed when Nero knocked the doors over again and Dante went 'ah C'MON MAN!' Heheheh, Vergil and his vendetta against Mundus - I like :)

Luv your signature,btw. -murder of Dante- rofl XD

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I haven't been on here for a while, but started reading this and I'm totally hooked - fantastic - can't wait to read more.
:D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I liked the part where Nero comes back to DMC and knocks over both doors. Dante was like "Ah C'MON MAN!" And then when he was calling them asses and when he pointed at Nero he said he didn't count because of his "aura of fail"... That is pure Dante. You're very good at analyzing characters!

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 2: Part 3

"So...like, Vergil...like, what the hell man...like, where are we going? Like, do you-" Dante's annoying rant was put to an abrupt halt.

"SHUT THE HELL UP DANTE!" A vain bulged outward above Vergil's right eye.

"Jesus Christ...don't be so bitchy."

"How would you act if you just officially came back from a nearly ten year long dormancy?" Vergil's brow raised, purely ticked off at the moment.

"Me? You askin' me? Well! I would embrace being alive again, and par-tay."

"So juvenile. To be expected. Ugh, just be quiet." Vergil shook his head and continued on with walking.

"...soooo, where exactly are we going?" Dante posed the question once more, and in a less annoying manner this time, in hopes of an answer.

They had gone through one of the other doors after waking Vergil, and they'd been walking for what seemed like half an hour now, in the same, dull, gray corridors that they'd been in for at least an hour now.

"You'll never ease up will you?" The vain in Vergil's head had faded away, but it was slowly reemerging.

"Nope."

And then Nero chimed in, "Hey! If you won't tell him, feel free to tell me."

Vergil glanced over at Nero, "You...are nothing more than a child. I don't even care to talk to you."

Dante clucked, "Tsk, tsk...guess you'll just have to tell me, won't you?"

"We are going to retrieve an artifact that I know is here. It will help us into the demon world."

"What is it?" Dante asked.

"The Staff of Hermes." Vergil squinted, nostrils flaring.

"Hey, what?! I used that thing back on the island where I kicked the **** out of you!" Dante smirked, "Why's it here?"

"You don't think you can just destroy demonic artifacts...do you? They all come here once they're deemed 'dead'."

"So...what, we're in a big demon museum?" Dante scratched his hair, ruffling it a bit. Specs of white fell out.

Vergil gave Dante a strange look, still flaring his nostrils.

Dante flared his back.

"Yes...we're in a-" Vergil couldn't think. Dandruff was still sprinkling out of Dante's hair. "Good grief, use some conditioner or something! Anyway, as I was saying, we are in fact, in the equivalent of a demon museum, yes."

Dante's eyes were wide open. "God, I didn't know you were such a freak." Vergil's nostril still flared. "What're you sniffing at?!"

"Don't you smell them too?"

"Smell who?" Dante honestly didn't smell anything.

"The guards. We're not alone." Vergil snorted.

"Sweet action!"

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 3

Vergil has returned? Is this correct?

Yes, and the damned fool is practically giving Mundus what he wants.

A personal quest of revenge will be perfect for him. Mundus will take the opportunity to escape the demon world once more, and this time, he will be prepared to fight the Sons of Sparda.

What about the new one...Nero?

The boy holds more potential than that of Dante and Vergil combined.

I wouldn't hold him that high, Credo.

It wouldn't matter anyway. With what Mundus is planning, all three of them together couldn't stop him.

There's going to be a war.

Indeed. We may have to risk revealing ourselves.

Even if we did help, there would still be a terrible amount of loss.

We will most likely have to.

Yes, but are we sure that turning Earth into a battlefield is the best plan to overcome Mundus?

Dammit...yes! It is the only way he will be stopped. Ever since the incident on Mallet Island, he has been gathering a substantial amount of power. There's no way around it. Mundus is just too powerful. He will undoubtedly invade when Vergil releases him, and we will have to intervene.

Are you sure.

Are you not listening?!

Yes...it's just...nevermind.

You're too attached to your boys. You have to accept the fact that no matter what happens, there is a possibility that they will die. Sparda...are you listening?

Yes. I have been listening the whole time. It's just as you said. I've never even had the chance to really meet them.

Hmm...we shall hold a vote...just the three of us. Credo, do you wish to carry out with the anti-invasion plan?

Yes, of course. It's the only-

I didn't ask for a reason. Just a yes or a no. Sparda...what say you on the matter?

...I relay forth an honest vote. No.

Very well. I myself, vote yes. Two of three votes are yes. The anti-invasion plan will be carried out at the first sign of Mundus' attack.

Lord Evangel, may I ask a question.

Of course, Sparda.

What if Earth and the High Realm fall to Mundus.

Then God be with us all.

You both worry too much. With our combined efforts, the High Realm, along with all three of your sons, will be more than enough to wipe out Mundus.

I hope you're right, Credo.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 3: Part 2

"How many of these bastards are there?!" Dante yelled out at Vergil as he chopped and hacked through three more of the demonic guard, their purple blood spewing about from the gashes and tears left in them.

"Less talking. Concentrate on the fight." Vergil replied as he slid his katana through one of the enemies. It fell with a shriek. Vergil continued his barrage of attacks by releasing a large force of seething-hot blue swords. He sprayed the area, killing a dozen more.

"You'd think that there's a whole damned army in this one room!" Nero grappled one of the demons with his devil bringer arm, spinning it around, pummeling several others in the process, and then hurled it across the room, where Dante leaped into the air, slicing into three.

An endless swarm of the horned monsters was pouring out of every door in site. They all carried small weapons of sorts, ranging from sickles to short swords. Their purple, scaled skin was no match for the weapons of Dante, Nero and Vergil. Unfortunately, if the fight lasted too much longer, it wouldn't matter. The three would be overcome by the sheer amount of demons.

A distant thudding pulsed through the floor and into the feet of the three devil hunters. Dante paid no mind to it. Nero took notice, but continued his massacre. Vergil was the only one who stopped. He allowed the vibrations to fill him, thoughts flooding through his head.

"Something very, very big is coming." Vergil spoke, almost sounding slightly worried, as a demon reached for him. A quick swipe, and the demon slid apart at an angle.

"So what? We'll beat the daylights out of it." Dante said, confident at the moment.

The thuds stopped. A monstrous roar filled the room. Nero looked upon the fattest demon he'd ever seen. It looked relatively similar to the ones they'd been fighting...just a few feet taller, and perhaps a good dozen-hundred pounds heavier. "Dante...I think you may want rethink what you said."

Dante turned to look at the giant demon, standing in the corridor across the room, jerking his sword from the chest of a demon. His mouth fell open, "Oh...daaay-uuumn! What a fat, tubby lookin' demon he is. Oh my...I'm sorry, guys, but I have to take a moment and name it."

"You're not serious...are you?" Vergil questioned, decapitating another of the guards.

"Of course! Now then...what should I call you." Dante spun his sword through a few more demons and then placed it on his back. "I got it!" Dante drew Ebony and Ivory, leaping into the air, using one of the other demons as a fleshy springboard. As he made it midway to the larger demon, he yelled out, seemingly stopping his fall, "I'll call you Teddy!" And then he unleashed a swath of bullets into it's head. Gunfire roared throughout the room, as Dante kept pounding bullets into it's head.

The demon howled ferociously as Dante landed on the ground, holstering his pistols and dusting off his jacket. He looked at the big demon, and smiled, "Aw...fatboy havin' some slow-mo issues?"

The demon fell with a boom, squishing a few other demons not smart enough to move. And then the fighting resumed. It seemed like a whole hour went by before the fight ended. Upon Vergil swiping the last demon into several layers, the three continued their search for the Staff of Hermes.

"When you see it, tell me." Vergil snorted.

"Yes Lord Vergy." Dante chuckled, replying.

"Don't ever say that again." Vergil paused. "I will hurt you in ways you never thought possible."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"Hey...would this be it by any chance?" Nero waltzed around a corner and was staring right at the staff. Vergil and Dante appeared behind him.

"Yes, that would be it." Vergil's mouth formed a crooked smile. "One step closer to watching you die, Mundus."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Chapter 3: Part 3

Dante slowly walked circles around a seated Nero, looking at Vergil, "So now that we have what we came for...what do we do?"

Vergil narrowed his eyes at Dante, "We find a gate into the demon world. But we may need more than just the staff."

"Wait-" Nero paused, "Aren't we already in the demon world?"

"In a matter of speaking, yes. But, we're not in the correct part. This place is actually a separated part of their world. There's no way to get there from here unless one of the-" Vergil's speaking was cut off by a loud humming noise.

"What the hell is that?" Dante asked no one in particular.

Vergil stepped around the corner with a rather surprised, but pleased look on his face. "Unless one of the demons opened a portal into here."

Nero and Dante followed Vergil around the corner to look past the pillar, "Wait...what...we did all of this work searching for that damned staff for NOTHING?!" Dante shouted angrily.

"Indeed we have, Dante." Vergil shook his head smiling. "That fool, Mundus, wants me to come kill him."

Dante paused, "You know, now is a good time to talk about who's going to be doing the killing. It's going to be me. I'm getting payed to kill him."

"No...you're not, because if you're referring to the man who gave you the job, I sent him." Vergil nodded, "You didn't even see him in his true form. I sent you a Doppelganger for a client."

"You bastard! You just got us to join up so we could free you and help you with your vendetta against Mundus!" Dante stomped his foot against the ground and shook his fist.

"Yes, that's exactly what I did. Now to answer the next question-" Vergil was once more cut off.

"Tell me this! Why didn't you just open a portal to their world yourself! You brought us here." Dante's brows furrowed.

"As I was saying before you so rudely interrupted me you half brained twat! To answer your question, I simply did not have enough power to do so." Vergil sighed, finally done with speaking his piece.

"Well, he obviously wants us to go, so what are we waiting on?" Nero asked.

"We shouldn't be waiting on anything now. Let's go." Vergil said, looking at Dante.

"Well, the sooner we get this done, I guess the sooner I can get back to my shop." Dante shrugged.

"When we're done with this, there may not be a shop for you to go back to." Vergil smiled.

"What are you saying."

"I'm saying that once we confront him, he will be released onto Earth." Vergil spoke, eyes narrowing even more than they already were.

"Are you...stupid?" Dante's face actually looked serious. "You want to release Mundus on Earth?"

"Yes. Him and the army that he's been massing. It will be the only way for us to fight properly. A battlefield worthy of Gods." Vergil's smile grew more crooked and evil every second.

"No. I won't allow you to do this." Dante shook his head, stepping forward.

"I didn't ask for your permission brother. You don't have to come if you don't want to." Vergil looked at Dante, and then at Nero, "What about you. Who's side are you on. Mine or his."

Nero looked at Vergil, and then stepped next to Dante. "I don't know who you are, but I'm with Dante on this one. You're insane."

"Well, then I must tell you that if you choose to interfere, rather than just walk away, it will result in the death of the both of you." Vergil snarled, stepping towards the portal that had opened in the floor.

"You're full of ****, Vergil. You're not going to release him." Dante stepped after him.

"I am. Try and stop me." Vergil said, knowing that Dante would.

"Kid, you with me on this?" Dante questioned Nero.

"Of course. I'm not ready to see our world get trashed." Nero replied, stepping forward.

Dante nodded, pulling Rebellion from his back once more. "This seems slightly familiar." He rushed forward, jumping into the air, sword above his head.

Nero speedily followed, running below him, Red Queen at his side. He growled, charging after Vergil.

Vergil turned, unclicking Yamato from it's sheath. "Too familiar." He said, deflecting the other two blades simultaneously.

Nero and Dante unleashed an ungodly amount of attacks on Vergil, who effortlessly blocked them all. Then Nero grabbed Vergil with Devil Bringer. "Bad move." Vergil smiled, reversing the grapple and hurling Nero into Dante.

Nero kicked off of Dante's shoulder and flew into the air, pulling Blue Rose it's holster. He fired the double barreled revolver at Vergil. Dante flipped away, pulling his pistols out as well, and unloaded in Vergil's direction.

Yamato began spinning like a fan, sending the bullets in all directions. When the sea of ammo stopped coming at him, he faded and immediately reappeared next to Dante, bashing his jaw with the hilt of his katana. Vergil then sliced through Dante's gut, and kicked him down, impaling him. Dante grunted, "And now, things kick off into the next round."

Dante grinned as a red cloud appeared around his body. He glowed, and his body brightly flashed for a second. Dante's clawed feet were planted on Vergil's stomach, and he kicked him off.

"So you've already reverted to your devil form, hmm? You do things too soon. I'll just have to-" Vergil was bashed across the back of the head by Nero's fist. Vergil flew back into Dante, who grabbed him, and smashed him against the wall. Grabbing him by the face, Dante spun around and threw him back to Nero, who grabbed his jacket collar, and fired a shot from his gun into Vergil's chest. Vergil flew into the wall.

Everything was silent. Nero landed next to Dante, who was still in his Devil Triggered state. "Is he dead?" Nero asked.

Dante's voice rasped in response, "No...he's just getting started."

A rumbling sound and a violent shake revealed this to be the truth, as Vergil erupted from the hole he'd made in the wall. His skin was blue and scaled, and his eyes glowed a bright yellow. "Big mistake, boy."

Top Bottom