• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4 Xbox 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rottweiler

Mobfigurz;26114 said:
WRONG!

As I was saying before, the PS3 still has the upper hand, graphics and power wise,

As someone who is workingon both the 360 and the PS3 hardware, neither of them has the upper hand. If any of them have the upper hand it would be the 360 and its GPU

and now you shall see it has the upper hand price wise.

Check this out.

$479 black HDMI-enabled XBOX360 Elite
$179 120GB HDD add-on to be sold separately
Total of $658 before Tax!

Then factor in Controllers and rechargeable battery kits with the same hue will have to be purchased separately, adding to the total cost.

Also, boasting about HD-DVD didnt get them anywhere, 'the external Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive would not be available in the Elite's black finish for the foreseeable future', it doesnt even have an onboard HD-DVD drive.

The fact the Elite is only $20 less than the 20GB PlayStation 3 and does not have next-generation video format playback did not go unnoticed by Sony. "We think every PlayStation 3 owner should have an 'elite' experience, which is why we include an internal hard drive and HDMI output in every PS3 we sell, along with the 50 GB of storage capacity on a high definition Blu-ray disc," said Peter Dille, Sony Computer Entertainment's senior vice president of marketing. Sony also issued a series of talking points asserting that the release of the 360 Elite "further validates the PS3 business model, which [Microsoft] criticized at launch."

The Elite that has no HDD is only $20 less than the PS3, so there you have it, think your gettin a better deal from MS, think again and quit talkin so much crap about the PS3

Please do your research before posting false infrmation.

The Xbox 360 Elite inlcudes

Console
120 Gig HDD
Componet Cables
HDMI Cables
Headset
Wireless controller

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13111/Microsoft-Unveils-Xbox-360-Elite/

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/776/776448p1.html

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6168182.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;7

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158254

For $479.99, here's what gamers will get (in black -- see picture):

Xbox 360 Elite console. The console is equipped with a premium black finish and three powerful core processors capable of producing the best in HD entertainment (up to 1080p), 16:9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound, HDMI output and DVD playback with upscaling capabilities right out of the box.

Xbox 360 120GB hard drive. The 120GB detachable hard drive allows gamers to save their games and store television shows, movies, music, pictures, trailers, levels, demos and other content available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.3 The hard drive is sold separately for an estimated retail price of $179.99 (U.S.).

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (black). This award-winning, high-performance wireless controller, now in black, features the Xbox Guide Button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of 30 hours on two AA batteries. It is sold separately for an estimated retail price of $49.99 (U.S.).

Xbox 360 headset (black). Now available in black, the headset lets gamers strategize or trade taunts while playing games and send voice messages to friends on Xbox LIVE.

Xbox 360 HDMI cable. New to Xbox 360, HDMI allows consumers to get HD video (up to 1080p) and multichannel surround sound, all from one cable. (Editor's Note: The component/composite cable already included with the Xbox 360 is also in the Xbox 360 Elite box).

Xbox LIVE Silver Membership. With this, gamers can chat with friends online, collect achievements and gamerscores, send and receive voice and text messages, and access Xbox LIVE Marketplace content such as game demos, HD movies and TV, as well as the best in downloadable games from Xbox LIVE Arcade.

One-month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold. An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership provides a complete online entertainment experience. Those who subscribe to this premium service can engage in competitive online multiplayer matches, tailor their matchmaking via feedback and accomplishments, chat with more than one person at a time, and take advantage of unique privileges in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and Xbox LIVE Arcade.

So no PS3 still doesn't have the price advantage

Well... I guess I do get the last laugh now...While I have been gone, they have annouced that DMC4 WILL IN FACT be going to the xbox 360, along with another game, Final Fantasy 13 and vs. so umm... yea... I have answered my own question how sad. O well. Have a good day. WOW it feels good to be a 360 owner.

Lady_0989

#1 For Goodies
When did they announce FFXIII for the Xbox 360?:O
Wait they didnt. I dont know where you got your info from but its still exclusive, next you try to brag get your info right, otherwise you look like an idiot:lol: ;) ^_^ :p

Lady_0989;27237 said:
Wait they didnt. I dont know where you got your info from but its still exclusive, next you try to brag get your info right, otherwise you look like an idiot:lol: ;) ^_^ :p

Actaully I am right becuase I can resevere it at my store and yes Capcom and Square Enix annouced this about a week ago or so. Get with the program.

Mobfigurz

Rottweiler;26373 said:
As someone who is workingon both the 360 and the PS3 hardware, neither of them has the upper hand. If any of them have the upper hand it would be the 360 and its GPU

Please do your research before posting false infrmation.

The Xbox 360 Elite inlcudes

Console
120 Gig HDD
Componet Cables
HDMI Cables
Headset
Wireless controller

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13111/Microsoft-Unveils-Xbox-360-Elite/

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/776/776448p1.html

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6168182.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;7

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158254

So no PS3 still doesn't have the price advantage

Are you blind?

In the 'quote' you just provided it states, just as mine did that the 120GB HDD is sold seperately for $179.99 and the Black wireless controller is $49.99, also sold seperately.
Grand Total of: 709.97 before TAX

Do you even know what you are talkin about?

False information was it?
Thats funny, you posted the same info, the info which I got from an interview with an MS employee in regards to the Elite launch.

And what do you mean your working on 360 and PS3 hardware?
Are you a developer?

Also, you said none is better than the other, yet you contradict yourself in the next sentence, it looks like your a 360 fanboy with that contradiction

Dark Drakan

Admin
Lady_0989;27237 said:

They havent 'Yet' as its still being discussed along with MGS 4 but it is still a possibility.

Albion Knight

DMC n00b
Premium
With the release of the Xbox 360 Elite and considering the things you get with the 360 but not the PS3 :O
The value is closer than I realized

Here is a good cost comparison from 1up

Better Value? Sony's PlayStation 3 or Microsoft's Elite 360 news from 1UP.com

Actual Cost of an Xbox 360 Elite with everything offered by PlayStation 3:

$849.95

This number declines sharply if next-gen disc formats (subtract $199.99) aren't a priority to you as a consumer, or if consumers have no interest in wireless connectivity (subtract the cost a WiFi solution -- $79.99-$99.99 of the solutions we listed).

Actual Cost of a PlayStation 3 with everything offered by Xbox 360:

$857.80

Obviously, this number declines sharply (to $754.95) with the purchase of a Logitech headset and an HDMI cable from Monoprice.

Makes you realize everything you get with the 360

One thing to think about is the flexibility in choosing what components you want HD drive, HDMI Cable, Wireless headset. All of these Up the cost If you want it and don't get it included or don't want it but it is included. This article shows that if you want all of it the "Cost" of the 360 Elite is slightly lower. Value is a separate argument HDMI 1.2 vs 1.3 Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD etc etc

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
can't we just leave it at this:
both consoles have their pros and cons, and both have interesting unique features, but the xbox360 is in a much more realistic price range. there, i've said it.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
pinky750;29324 said:
can't we just leave it at this:
both consoles have their pros and cons, and both have interesting unique features, but the xbox360 is in a much more realistic price range. there, i've said it.

It is as simple as that. All these other extras that everyone is mentioning are all well an good, but most people are just looking as the price of the consoles, nothing else. I love Playstation and the PS3 does have better graphics than the 360, which I think we can all agree on. But when shopping for a console, things a mostly cut and dry. I can get DMC4 on 360 for at most a little over 500 dollars, or i can get DMC4 on PS3 for at most a little over 650 dollars. That's under normal circumstances, for a person who can't afford the PS3 right now.

Mobfigurz;26114 said:
WRONG!

As I was saying before, the PS3 still has the upper hand, graphics and power wise, and now you shall see it has the upper hand price wise.

Check this out.

$479 black HDMI-enabled XBOX360 Elite
$179 120GB HDD add-on to be sold separately
Total of $658 before Tax!

Then factor in Controllers and rechargeable battery kits with the same hue will have to be purchased separately, adding to the total cost.

Also, boasting about HD-DVD didnt get them anywhere, 'the external Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive would not be available in the Elite's black finish for the foreseeable future', it doesnt even have an onboard HD-DVD drive.

The fact the Elite is only $20 less than the 20GB PlayStation 3 and does not have next-generation video format playback did not go unnoticed by Sony. "We think every PlayStation 3 owner should have an 'elite' experience, which is why we include an internal hard drive and HDMI output in every PS3 we sell, along with the 50 GB of storage capacity on a high definition Blu-ray disc," said Peter Dille, Sony Computer Entertainment's senior vice president of marketing. Sony also issued a series of talking points asserting that the release of the 360 Elite "further validates the PS3 business model, which [Microsoft] criticized at launch."

The Elite that has no HDD is only $20 less than the PS3, so there you have it, think your gettin a better deal from MS, think again and quit talkin so much crap about the PS3

And no, the hard drive comes with the elite. Check the xbox website.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox360elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom