• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 4 Unified Speculation and Theory Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobfigurz

I don't know why, but the more I Look at this illustration, the more I think its Nelo Angelo(Vergil).

But, this image is concept artwork, so its not a certainty that the Demon inside will ever be seen in its entirety.
But on looks alone, with no reference points as to what Nelo would look like in this generation of DMC, I can only find horns, which most Demons have that links Nelo to this image as well as colour, but by no means is am I saying for certain that Nelo is the possessor of Nero, I'm saying it just 'maybe' and you have to admit, who ever that Demon is, he looks like a formidable opponent for Dante.

nero_illust01.jpg

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
If it weren't for these horn-like things that come out from his hands and he looked a bit like armor I would also be convinced that this can be an improved(or just transformed to enter the new generation style)of Nelo Angelo.
But with those I don't know at all.

Perhaps this guy is the villain we're looking for?

Mobfigurz

I think thats the clearest sign (image) of the Possessor that we seek, if this image remains true and has moved from being concept into production, then I hope we see that demon.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
True. He looks pretty good in this art (which is a good thing since most of the other characters look about as 1/5 as they are with game graphics).
But that still holds many mysteries. Why possess Nero? He should be powerful enough if only his hand is the greatest weapon Nero has so why not come in this world in person? Because the gate is sealed? That didn't stop Berial though in his case he appeared through some sort of ancient thingy, and disappeared again inside it when Nero defeated him..

Mobfigurz

True, this brings up many questions.

Lets suppose this Demon is like what Sparda was back in the day:
Sparda + Mundus = Sparda comes out on top
Demon + Berial = Demon comes out on top

Maybe Berial, being conqueror of the fire hell is infact inferior, as we know from past experience, the Lords/Rulers and members of Demon 'royalty' aren't as strong as their titles suggest, we know all to well how Sparda defeated Mundus' Army and Imprisoned Mundus, the Prince of Darkness.

So, lets say we have a similar situation here, Berial being some what part of the 'Royal' hierarchy calls himself conqueror of the fire hell, but is infact inferior. But being as Mundus was, is able to come into the Realm of man, but is weaker in comparison to Mundus and the Demon that has possessed Nero.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Berial served Mundus. As can be seen here
by going to his profile.
But it says after his defeat he was somehow without purpose. I wonder which of the two defeats it means since the game is after DMC1 and Mundus is sealed for the second time. So he must be in some kind of hierarchy since he was a prince.

So the "Possessor" can/has been working in some sort of plan in his own. Or rather the Devils are looking for ways to enter the Human world without opening the portal. And each of them found his own unique way. f.e. Berial with that thing from which he came and the Possessor by using a humans body, a body that has enough strength to bear his presence, Nero..

But still, Berial is only the 1st boss. Or WE think he is. He could be less important than we think, but then again..?

Mobfigurz

Tony_Redgrave;44692 said:
Berial served Mundus. As can be seen here
by going to his profile.
But it says after his defeat he was somehow without purpose. I wonder which of the two defeats it means since the game is after DMC1 and Mundus is sealed for the second time. So he must be in some kind of hierarchy since he was a prince.

So the "Possessor" can/has been working in some sort of plan in his own. Or rather the Devils are looking for ways to enter the Human world without opening the portal. And each of them found his own unique way. f.e. Berial with that thing from which he came and the Possessor by using a humans body, a body that has enough strength to bear his presence, Nero..

But still, Berial is only the 1st boss. Or WE think he is. He could be less important than we think, but then again..?

It means the second defeat suffered at the hands of Dante, because when Sparda faced Mundus, he was only Prince and Sparda was a Knight of the Emperor, so by that I assume they are referencing Mundus' second defeat.

So I think the similarity lends itself very well to help me explain, or rather make sense of what i 'think' is happening.
The Possessor would be without doubt a Demon of Lesser Power than Dante but more Powerful than Berial, to come up with that conclusion I shall again state that the likeness is held within DMC1 - Sparda defeating Mundus who at the time was Prince and this Possessor taking on Berial, a Prince by right and defeating him in the first encounter.

Now, I would be surprised and happy if it were Vergil, but even if it is not, as I said before, the Possessor looks formidable and mean.

As for how these Demonic beings come to find themselves in the Realm of man is interesting, obviously they seek to conquer and flood Earth to rule and destroy humanity, but how do they get there, how are they able to move back and forth.
Berial it seems uses that Monolith/Portal and the Possessor uses Nero's body to enter the Human World.
Also, we have to note that even if the possession is complete and Nero is no more, if for a short period of time during the game, will the possessor be Evil or be Good like Sparda?
But even if Evil, as DMC history has told us, Evil fights Evil, Mundus tried to over throw the Emperor but failed, Demons struggle for Power among themselves also.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
From what I think the bosses in DMC1 were (logically) the most powerful adversaries Mundus could send to defeat the new Sparda that had come to obliterate him. Phandom looked important enough since he knew Sparda and all. Griffon even declared and proved that he served Mundus directly. And Nightmare was by far the hardest bio-weapon thing we've seen in Devil May Cry series.
Now Nelo Angelo was also among them. And he was by far the most powerful especially in the last battle where in higher levels you only need to take two to four hits to die no matter what life-bar you have.
Perhaps even in his being possessed himself state by Mundus his inner self proved to the other "High" demons that he's no pushover. Demons like Berial for instance.(If he could stay at human form I'd even say that he was the one that Nero is reminded off but I think he was in DT all the time like in DMC1). And now we could say that since Mundus is sealed and (if) Nelo Angelo is Vergil again that he could try to return. But that wouldn't make sense. Vergil wanted power. Okay. But after that? He did not seem to be one of those brainless villains that seek revenge, power, etc. always fail to grasp it and then retry the whole thing with a slightly different plan.

Vergil wanted power for a reason. I'm pretty convinced that he had some other motive in his mind.
And since himself chose to stay in the Underworld we can assume that before losing to Mundus he could probably wanted to try and become strong enough there in order to do it. So what I think is this:

If Vergil is the Possessor or in general tries to come back to the human world that means one of the two things:

1) He still needs more power for his plan so he seeks the Sparda sword and the amulet once again.
2) He the necessary power he needed and continues his unknown objective that's got something to do with the human world.

I really hope they don't make him come back seeking revenge to Dante or sth"-_- because that would make him look like a fool. But I'm sure thay too would realize that.

Mobfigurz

I think we're on the right track here, but we need more info to successfully formulate this theory.

But the Vergil scenario is feasible, and I agree that if he came back and sort revenge, that wouldn't place him in the best light as far as the storyline and fans were concerned, it would be very foolish indeed.
I hope its an attempt to gain more power before he re-enters hell in a bid to conquer his Fathers land, that would lead to more than one amazing sequels, one entire game dedicated to Vergil/Nelo.

Raziel

Devil bringer
listen to this here is how that demon who posses came the order worship sparda and that demon who is in nero's arm is sparda's arch enemy and capcom might show us a falsh back of their battle and how sparda sliced off his arm and and killed him and took that arm as a trophy in which that arm was kept as a some sort of a shrine or a trophy of sparda's victoriousness then one day nero was snopping around the order's HQ saw the arm wanted to cheek it out and when he touched it,it got stuck to his arm..then the arm is trying to take controlle of nero and take revenge on blood line of sparda..and so as the game progress history is reapeting it self nero would fight dante.

and this how who it would be nero reprasenting the demon in his arm and Dante reprasenting his father Sparda then they jump into battle and as the fight gets rough Dante turns to sparda and nero changes to the demon in his arm and...boom hardcore kickass epic battle:D

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yes probably. The only thing I can agree is that maybe something in the Order could be the reason for Nero's hand transformation but then again...

Mobfigurz

See, I'm not sure either way, there are so many factors, so many things to think about.

Could be that the Order invoked the possessor, you never know they may have ulterior motives for doing such a thing, other than using Demonic powers to combat demons, they be trying to do something which involves Hell and the Sparda progeny

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Plus in Nero's profile it says that he carries on the dirty work of the Order. What kind of dirty work can that possibly refer to?Annihilating demons?Or something we have no idea of?
Such a religious Order shouldn't do dirty works..

Mobfigurz

Indeed, so we may have ourselves some clues as to why Dante killed some of the Knights and the High Priest of the Order.
Cults have underhanded tactics at the best of times, but if they invoked the Possessor, what are they trying to to gain from such a move, what are their motives, if they openly fight Demons in the name of Sparda, why would they need an operative to do their 'dirty' work, and what does this 'dirty' work entail?

Interesting ideas

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I don't think they would be so foolish as to challenge Dante. It seems to me that Dante just learned of them on his own so a fight between them became unavoidable.

Mobfigurz

I dont think they want any confrontation with Dante, but from the trailer it seems they are unaware of who Dante is, Nero isnt informed about Dante and the Knights attack Dante only to be slaughtered after he has dispatched the High Priest.

I believe Dante is drawn to Fortuna by that which he wants returned to him, somehow he found out about what was taking place in Fortuna, or Nero/The Order has something Dante seeks that is rightfully his.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Oh, yes I forgot about that thing that he wants back. So they should have known that he would find them sooner or later. But can they be so stupid as to not know who he is?:p
Every demon who's important enough knows him. And these guys are supposedly knowledgeable about the Sparda story, so they should know that Sparda had two sons (as Arkham did know).
And putting aside this. I wonder what'll happen to Nero if he seeks to battle Dante but accidentally challenge Vergil instead:ninja:

Mobfigurz

Thats what I find strange, if they did know who he was, why did they approach him and try to fight, before they could spit on him he had cut through them and why was Nero so oblivious to him and if they did worship Sparda, why was Nero standing on the statue of Sparda with Dante?

Im sure we will see Nero and Dante face off at some point in the game, but it would definately be amazing, as you say, if Nero challenged Vergil, that would be cool

"When I came to this World 2,000 years ago, there was no such Human as the likes of you"

Is what Berial says to Nero, just after Nero extinguishes the Fire Berial starts in the Ghost town upon his arrival.

So the story gets more interesting, was berial sent as a General or Scout 2,000 years ago to oversee Mundus' attack on Humanity and the Realm of Man.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
True and also said to him after the battle that Nero's just like "he" was. Without explaining who was that. The usual guess would be Sparda since Berial is into that 2000 years stuff and Nero has white hair etc.
But usually demons say Sparda's name with pride/hatred/fear etc. Never before have they said "he" or the "one" or "betrayer" just like that. Which may mean that he COULD be referring to someone else. Since that someone else "was" so probably now is dead or...

btw: Mobfigurz I merged your posts to eliminate the double posting;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom