• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 3 Royalguard vs Vergil

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
fricken loved it man its one of my fav games and i just wanna know why most people either dont know it or dont like it or if it recieved bad reviews or why its always so cheap:?

it gets repetitive and i like a big challange i didn't get that from it after i played through it and got the achievements i got rid as it became boring

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
it gets repetitive and i like a big challange i didn't get that from it after i played through it and got the achievements i got rid as it became boring

See i loved it on brutal gave the perfect amount of diffuculty plus it was fun for me love the whole game but yah after the achievements replay value is low

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I think that watching some really skillful players can help you both with timing and about what attacks you should look after to parry. The real trick about mastering RGing is knowing what attacks are easy to parry and what attacks can make the risks too large to afford, making it more safe to just dodge the attack instead of parrying it.

This video is a pretty good lesson about "how to parry Vergil" (note that he recycle most of his attacks from the first battle, so it's useful to practice with Vergil 1, Vergil 3 is more practical tho, because you go directly to the fight instead of clearing an entire mission if you kill him). RG being a my "main" style in DMC3, my advice to you would be to just practice, RG is a style that requires you to be learn almost all patterns and cues in the game, so just practice with different monsters in different missions. Bosses in general, have a lot of attacks that are pretty easy to parry (Beowulf is a good one to start practicing, i find him the easier boss to parry all the time, in the "first phase" of his battle you have pretty much free rage building from his three punch combo)

Two techniques that are useful too: roll-guarding and jump-guarding; both jumps and rolls give you i-frames (invincibility frames) that you can use to make your parries more efficient when you don't have the exact timing down to your muscle memory. I don't know if there's some video tutorial out there (in this video i embeded here it shows you examples of jump-guarding at 1:08 and 1:12), but i think as soon as you start practicing you'll understand what's happening: just roll before the monster attack come and press the guard button to cancel it, the same with jump; roll guards are specially useful against attacks such as Vergil's stinger or judgment cuts, as you can just evade it if you roll or parry if hit the right timing.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Dunno about you guys, but to me, I prefer the RG style moveset of this over DMC4's RG! I really love Ultimate as it restores my health for each hit done in front of me.

Top Bottom