• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 3 Royalguard vs Vergil

VeRgiłMuSSStDiE

I use royal guard in Vergil battles but i just can't seem to master it.I always end up with that glass getting broken(let's call it that).He always blocks me but i just can't block him.
Any tips?

aoshi

Yeah, Its hard to block all attacks of vergil. So its better to choose which attack we want to block and jus roll dodge any other attack that you find hard to block. Basically, create yourself a 'window of preparation' for anticipation of a well known attack.

Lets analyze mission 13:

For example, when you attack, he would block and quickly initiate his next attack. It would be hard to anticipate his next attack cuz it would be real fast and once one attack connects a combo follows which then is very hard to antcipate and block the combo(if not impossible) until the very end of it. So i would suggest to roll dodge his first attack, now you are in a safe position to anticipate the next attack cuz he would try to complete a combo. Take a couple of steps back and block his diagonal-beowulff attack(Sorry don't remember its name). Be careful to avoid getting under bell shaped thingies cuz they would block you from jumping away if necessary and also mistime your antcipation for diagonal attack. Also, In devil trigger mode, his diagonal-beowulff attack is a lot faster than his human mode.Once you start creating these anticipations, you will be able to shorten the window and block his swifter attacks.

Though, i find Mission 20(on DMD) to be lot easier to block vergil's attacks compared to mission 13(on DMD).

And it goes without saying, To roll dodge spiral swords than trying to block them(though it is possible to block them). Cuz they will break your window of anticipation if you don't successfully block them and vergil will follow it up if he is in close range. Same goes for judgement cuts.Try blocking them after you are confident of clearly anticipating such attacks.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
what difficulty are you on? i find in most except very hard or dmd he does the same pattern of attacks and once he is open jc killer bee on him and it destroys his health also use dte on him duing the attacks , he usually does a series of attacks a diving kick from beowolf and judement cuts if you dodge the judgement cut you can attack his side beowolf and rebellion attacks do best once he blocks after a few attacks back off and keep your distance til you get an opening

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
agni and rudra can be effective too or cerberus with swordmaster just air hike over his diving killer bee you have invincibility frames when you jump

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
In DMD mode, where Vergil is using Spiral Swords and Helm Breaker at the same time, jump and use Royal Release (you have to time it right) right when Vergil is about to hit you. The "Perfect Air Release" will allow you to evade both of Vergil's moves simultaneously.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i use quicksilver or trickster and beowolf jc air trick rolls or sky dash have invincibility frames as does quicksilver if you use it just before the attack hits use kalina ann when he surrounds himself in a sphere with spiral swords and wait for openings

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I fight him completely differently lol because i dont jc(yet) i pay close attention to his movements i usually dodge and roll untill he leaves himself open and them dt and combo as much as possible then back up and shoot to provoke him to get closer then rinse and repeat lol im much meaner when i use vergil however as summoned swords and his darkslayer style dodges allow me to make the cpu look hilariously dumb

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
there are numerous,ways to defeat him but on dmd the fight is different even on very hard it is the geryon fight on very hard seems more challenging than it does on dmd

looking forward to both either way lol also wtf happened to the site lmao its all black and cool looking

MKH Spartan

While it looks cool, it also won't let me open up any of the forums, the only way I got to this page is it is in my watched threads, which it let me open for some reason, but every time I try to open up one of the forums eg DMC3 forum, it just gives me a 404 Not Found error, it's infuriating. I hope that gets fixed sometime soon, do you guys know of any way around it at the moment?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
While it looks cool, it also won't let me open up any of the forums, the only way I got to this page is it is in my watched threads, which it let me open for some reason, but every time I try to open up one of the forums eg DMC3 forum, it just gives me a 404 Not Found error, it's infuriating. I hope that gets fixed sometime soon, do you guys know of any way around it at the moment?

nope im still waiting to create a thread about a xbox 360 game called dark sector and see if anyone else has played it(cuz i just did brutal mode and i fell inlove with it again) and see why its always like 4.99+hst at the stores and if it recieved bad reviews and why:(

Top Bottom