• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 2 remake or Devil May Cry 5?

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
Would you rather get a redo on DMC2 or DMC5? I personally would like both. But I would really like to see Rueben Langdon give us a true DMC2 Dante. At the height of his power. When he first meets Lucia. And an actual final boss battle against Despair Embodied. That final cutscene was great. But holy crap what a boring fight. Thoughts?

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
Unless they completely redid the gameplay (and possibly story) then I'm not interested.
I'm tired of all these "remakes" just being the graphics tuned up to HD.

Yeah I would want a complete redo on everything. Voice acting, gameplay, polish the story to make more sense and so on. DMC2 brought a lot of cool ideas to the table, but fell really flat as a DMC game.....at least for me.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Im cool with both but i rather get DMC2 resolved before moving on so im more for a DMC2 remake if we get more work done (im talking top to bottom rehaul)

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
personally i have no real problem with DMC 2 it was what it was
could it and should have it been better definitely
but what we got wasn't that bad certainty not as bad as many fan's claim it to be
i'd love an actual DMC 5

but redoing DMC 2 maybe with a closer to DMC 4 aged Dante could be just as awesome
would help make thing more consistent with his age
every new game has his age leaps around
first he's around 25 then around 40 then 19 then around 35 (not saying that's official but you know what i mean) just give Dante a nice age he could stick around get older more slowly if at all

and redoing DMC 2 could have Lucia interact with more then just Dante if they redo the story completely no reason lady Trish and Nero can't be there

i personally love when character slow down and just talk for a bit
maybe Lucia is struggling with what she is and Trish says something along the lines of
"i used to be like you hell even worse i actually tried to kill Dante"

definitely has some good possibilities

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
They could always take the Star Fox Zero/Tomb Raider: Anniversary route, and reimagine the game and inject into the series as the canonical place-holder

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
I say DMC5 first. It's been 7 years since 4 and we need something new NOW. A full remake of DMC2 is something I've wanted for a while too since I think if you look below the surface, Lucia's story is one of the best in the franchise and really goes all out with the series' overarching nature vs nurture theme. But even so, we need DMC5 first. Then go back and redo 2.

Vergil Crosse

I don't care which game they make as long as the game is well made, balanced, and fun to play. DMC has THE most robust combat mechanics of any game out there, and I enjoy the hell out of them all!

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
I'd obviously prefer a DMC5, but I would greatly enjoy a remake of DMC2 if they fixed the story, dialogue, and overall gameplay.

I've always thought that Bolverk and Argosax were strangely interesting, but the game didn't really tell us much about them.
It'd be cool if they did remake the game and gave them really interesting backstories and dialogue.

And of course, as The 4th Snake said, Lucia's story was one of the best in the series and there's a lot more they could do with that.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Im cool with both being released but I wouldnt mind if DMC2 was remade with a different character interacting with Lucia instead of Dante like Trish or Nero or Vergil.

Im a bit burned out on Dante and this game isnt a sacred cow so i thought it be interesting to use it to test the waters to see how people would really react not having Dante there.

Ideally the story would focus on Lucia but Trish and Vergil are playable with their own arcs and goals. They would act as foils for each other in a nature versus nurture way and Lucia would forge her own path by interacting with them and internalizing their points of view.

not exactly neccesary but it could be worthwhile.

Top Bottom