• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 1 coming to the Switch (And now 2, as well (and 3, if you hadn’t guessed))

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
The 2 new features revealed for the Switch are related to Switching.

1st - Style SWITCHing
2nd - Weapon SWITCHing
3rd - ???????? SWITCHing

What else in DMC3 can be changed to be SWITCHed on the fly?

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Well Local BP Coop was confirmed today, so all in all these things can be done on the pc version already (still want an official patch though)

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
They should put all this feature in dmc 5, especially bloody palace co op

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well Local BP Coop was confirmed today, so all in all these things can be done on the pc version already (still want an official patch though)
It was? Where?

Edit:
Found it.

I got to talk to the staff about the way the twitter links always get chapped when we post them here.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What? It's in there... online. This is just expanding what was or is in there.

DMC5 doesn't have co-op in Bloody Palace. Not online and not locally. Closest thing is a mod on PC.

It kind of irritates me that DMC3 gets an actual co-op in BP nad 5 doesn't. I get that local would have probably been too much to ask for, but they could have done it online. They already have a working framework for it (Cameo system) just like they did in DMC3 for local (Doppelganger made local co-op possible even back in the PS2 days).

Whatever you say, Capcom. As if all these nice things for DMC3 being exclusive to Switch wasn't bullshit enough.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Does anyone know what's going on with that stream? It was supposed to be on now on their official youtube page but there is nothing there.

Found it

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
DMC5 doesn't have co-op in Bloody Palace. Not online and not locally. Closest thing is a mod on PC.

It kind of irritates me that DMC3 gets an actual co-op in BP nad 5 doesn't. I get that local would have probably been too much to ask for, but they could have done it online. They already have a working framework for it (Cameo system) just like they did in DMC3 for local (Doppelganger made local co-op possible even back in the PS2 days).

Whatever you say, Capcom. As if all these nice things for DMC3 being exclusive to Switch wasn't bullshit enough.
Okay, I understand Bloody Palace doesn't have co-op, but it's in single-player albeit weak, it's kinda there.

Vergil95

Okay, I understand Bloody Palace doesn't have co-op, but it's in single-player albeit weak, it's kinda there.
Co op isn't in dmc 5, we only have cameo system, not local co op or online co op either, especially for bloody palace

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Co op isn't in dmc 5, we only have cameo system, not local co op or online co op either, especially for bloody palace
The cameo system is sort-of co-op. Not completely, but it was Capcom's way of putting you in the same lobby as your partner. Why do you think the game kind-of slogs along...? Did you not notice framerates dropping? Especially one of the stages where you're literally next to your cameo character?

Vergil95

The cameo system is sort-of co-op. Not completely, but it was Capcom's way of putting you in the same lobby as your partner. Why do you think the game kind-of slogs along...? Did you not notice framerates dropping? Especially one of the stages where you're literally next to your cameo character?
Yeah i know there is cameo system, but it's not the same things as co op or local co op, i cannot even invite friend of mine in game.... Didn't notice any frame rate dropping during cameo system

By the way i was just thinking that this 3 mechanic are some sort of testing for a dmc 6 or dmc 5 special edition, especially the co op bloody palace

berto

I Saw the Devil
So, the game is released tonight at midnight but midnight where? Is it dependant on your system or will they release it all at once everywhere?

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah i know there is cameo system, but it's not the same things as co op or local co op, i cannot even invite friend of mine in game.... Didn't notice any frame rate dropping during cameo system
It's the same idea, except the local co-op. I know you can't invite your friends. I am on PS4 and I do notice the framerates drops. Odd you didn't.
By the way i was just thinking that this 3 mechanic are some sort of testing for a dmc 6 or dmc 5 special edition, especially the co op bloody palace
Actually, the other way around. DMC5 is the basis for the Switch version of DMC3. Capcom didn't plan the Switch version. Nope. They wanted Dante to be in Smash, so this version was conceived and bonuses were created at the same time. So, don't be surprised if DMC3 Switch shares at least some assets as DMC5. Yes, RE engine and DMC3 engine are different, but they probably learned from DMC5 to do DMC3 Switch quicker.

Vergil95

It's the same idea, except the local co-op. I know you can't invite your friends. I am on PS4 and I do notice the framerates drops. Odd you didn't.

Actually, the other way around. DMC5 is the basis for the Switch version of DMC3. Capcom didn't plan the Switch version. Nope. They wanted Dante to be in Smash, so this version was conceived and bonuses were created at the same time. So, don't be surprised if DMC3 Switch shares at least some assets as DMC5. Yes, RE engine and DMC3 engine are different, but they probably learned from DMC5 to do DMC3 Switch quicker.
I don't think they use asset from dmc 5 since it's a completely different engine, an engine of 15 years ago
Since they are planning a dmc 6 right now and probably a dmc 5 special edtion , it's more likely that they put this new feature in dmc 3 special edtion to see people reaction about weapon rotation and local co op, so they can better decide if they want to put them in future game

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't think they use asset from dmc 5 since it's a completely different engine, an engine of 15 years ago
Since they are planning a dmc 6 right now and probably a dmc 5 special edtion , it's more likely that they put this new feature in dmc 3 special edtion to see people reaction about weapon rotation and local co op, so they can better decide if they want to put them in future game
I mean the foundation is there... but I digress. If that's how you feel, then I will just stop right here. No sense trying to convince you otherwise.

When I say something, it turns out right. But people continue to ignore my predictions.

Top Bottom