• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante's appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil Bane;243031 said:
^They have one thing that is common.[With all the meaning of the word.]Their voice.Sephiroth and Dante...just how much more "broken" can Morikawa get?

Are you trying to say that Toshiyuki Morikawa is the voice actor for Dante in DMC anime and Sephiroth in FFVII games and Advent Children? If so, what do you mean by "broken"? To me, his voice is perfectly fine to me.

It is amusing to see that majority of people like Dante's DMC2 attire, since it is the worst game in DMC series. Nevertheless, the costume is wickedly cool. :D

Osaka

trollololol
Devil Bane;243031 said:
^They have one thing that is common.[With all the meaning of the word.]Their voice.Sephiroth and Dante...just how much more "broken" can Morikawa get?

Oooooh! Yeah, Morikawa sounds perfect for both characters. In fact I can't stand listening to sephiroth with George Newbern's voice but I don't mind listening to both japanese and english for dante.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Chaos Master;243034 said:
Are you trying to say that Toshiyuki Morikawa is the voice actor for Dante in DMC anime and Sephiroth in FFVII games and Advent Children? If so, what do you mean by "broken"? To me, his voice is perfectly fine to me.

It is amusing to see that majority of people like Dante's DMC2 attire, since it is the worst game in DMC series. Nevertheless, the costume is wickedly cool. :D

Yup,his voice is awesome and he fits the role.What I mean is that his "character powers"[the charcters he voices] are pretty broken and awesome : Dante,Tekkaman Blade,Kyosuke Nambu,Sephiroth,Kurosaki Isshin to name a few.

But since I'm a good guy here :

COOKIE RAIN.

*Started raining cookies.*

Everyone can have one.

Osaka

trollololol
Thought I'd look up who else he's voiced from wiki:

• BioShock (Atlas)
  • Brave Story: New Traveler (Kee Keema)
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (Sephiroth)
  • Dissidia: Final Fantasy (Sephiroth)
  • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Radio drama) (Adramelech)
  • Kingdom Hearts II (Sephiroth)
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (The Prince)
  • Namco × Capcom (Heishirō Mitsurugi)
  • Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 (Kimimaro)
  • Persona 2: Batsu (Kei Nanjo)
  • Plasma Blade and Star Gladiator (Hayato Kanzaki)
  • Rival Schools (Roberto Miura)
  • Sengoku Basara 2 (Katakura Kojuro)
  • Soulcalibur (Heishirō Mitsurugi)
  • Soulcalibur II (Heishirō Mitsurugi)
  • Soulcalibur III (Heishirō Mitsurugi)
  • Soulcalibur III: Arcade Edition (Heishirō Mitsurugi)
  • Soulcalibur Legends (Heishirō Mitsurugi)
  • Soulcalibur IV (Heishirō Mitsurugi)
  • Street Fighter series (Ryu, Charlie)
  • Tales of Phantasia (Dhaos; PlayStation Portable version)
  • Tales of Symphonia (Yuan)
  • Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Yuan)
  • Tales of Vesperia (Toki wo Kakeru Otoko)
  • Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (Tekkaman Blade)
  • Tekken 4 (Kazuya Mishima)
  • Tekken 5 (Kazuya Mishima)
  • Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (Kazuya Mishima)
  • Tekken 6 (Kazuya Mishima)
  • Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion (Kazuya Mishima)
  • Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness (Japanese Edition) (Kurtis Trent)
He's even dubbed Tom Cruise and Will Smith lol.

aoshi

1)Bit more muscular dante with a gym in the shop.
2)Rebellion ofcourse.
3)More moustache and beard.
4)DMC 4 Attire.

Niloufar

he would appear as cool as he always has been!
i hope he would be the main character again, not nero.

Demon619

Deadman walking
Of course he needs his red coat, Rebellion,and Ebony & Ivory. But I'd like to kind of a cross between his DMC2 and DMC4 style along with the personality of DMC3/DMC4.

MrGore

if it's a game following DMC he could be like with his upper clothes all shredded, long hair and that unclean shave look, sorta seeming he has been fighting demons in hell for months

Eien

Shotgun
For 5, I want something ala DMC2. I liked the costume in that a lot and it suits an older Dante. I hope they do not go over the top like they did with DMC4. Four buckles, leather pants, chaps, and boot things were too much. Should have had 2 buckles, and choose between the chaps and boot things.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Devil May Cry 2 Dante was just plain hot. Nevermind that the game stunk - if looks alone could save a game, his would. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a HD return of that Dante, but I think I'd prefer a sweet hybrid between 1, 2 and 4. With wardrobe options from all three, along with some stylish new threads. The iconic red longcoat is a must for the posters and cover, but who says it has to stay on the whole game? :p

I think it would be wise if they started going with the ambiguous age route that several ongoing series have adopted - with Dante sporting a mid-to-late 30's appearance and never confirming how old he is. It would allow the series to continue without having to deal with his inevitable mortality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom