• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dante walking into a bar

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It may been his opinon. But he sure as hell didn't word it that way.

And there may be a double standard on Kamiya and Tameem.

But Kamiya has nothing with Tameem to do just like Tameem has nothing with Kamiya to do.

You can't say:
Hey Kamiya was bad, so its ok for Tameem to be bad.

You can discuss the double standard, and people would respect you.

But dragging Kamiya into a discussion where we'r talking about Tameem is unrelevant stuff.

Yet here he is. And here we are discussing the comic that has to do with Tameen getting blasted for a comment, while others get the whatever or okay treatment.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Meanwhile....
Untitled.jpg

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people

[IMG]
wg-devil-may-cry-2-1.jpg

IncarnatedDemon your picture actually proves why they needed to redesign Dante, not in terms of his hair since we know he gets that at the end so that is relevant, but in terms of clothes. In casual wear Dante would fit in more into the modern setting than what he's known for looking like.

8187436.jpg

So yes, he would have a high chance of getting laughed at walking into a bar, because nobody dresses like this.

Or this:
Dante_4.png

Or this:
designing-bayonetta-20090813021707209_640w.jpg

Or these
finalfantasy_kotakubr15.jpg

Outside of fantasy, you don't have people dressing like the above.

They look more like this fellow:
James_Profile.png

Or her:
beyond-two-souls-screenshot-death.jpg

Or this woman
tomb-raider-2013-outfits.jpg

So fitting Dante into a contemporary or western setting (the setting DmC Dante is in now) isn't complete bullshit. And just because the originals were in a fantasy gothic world, doesn't mean they have to do the exact same stuff all over again, because it is a reboot, not a remake, a reboot.

I'd rather see Dante dress and act more human, than continue with the one-dimensional character the demon hunter winded up becoming in DMC4, where he couldn't even respond to pain or moments of danger.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
Trust me ive seen people wear weirder stuff at bars...I mean look at tameem and his crazy haircuts he didn't need to go to a bar and people laughed at him regardless

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
Trust me ive seen people wear weirder stuff at bars...I mean look at tameem and his crazy haircuts he didn't need to go to a bar and people laughed at him regardless
Exactly. It doesn't matter what you wear, people will laugh at you if they feel so inclined to.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Still it's not the point, or what message he was getting across.

good-eats-pink-pony-bar-people.jpg

Tampa%20Sports%20Bar%20People%20and%20their%20Teams_full.jpeg

AstorBar-people2-940x626.jpg

special-people-behind-bar-only-please-pucklechurch.jpg

file-photo-of-people-drink-at-a-bar-in-mumbai-mumbai-may-be.jpg

People%20in%20a%20bar.jpg

bar_03.jpg

sinnotts-bar-dublin-people-fan.jpg

Most people walking into a bar, don't dress like Dante.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
[IMG]
wg-devil-may-cry-2-1.jpg

IncarnatedDemon your picture actually proves why they needed to redesign Dante, not in terms of his hair since we know he gets that at the end so that is relevant, but in terms of clothes. In casual wear Dante would fit in more into the modern setting than what he's known for looking like.

8187436.jpg

So yes, he would have a high chance of getting laughed at walking into a bar, because nobody dresses like this.

Or this:
Dante_4.png

Or this:
designing-bayonetta-20090813021707209_640w.jpg

Or these
finalfantasy_kotakubr15.jpg

Outside of fantasy, you don't have people dressing like the above.

They look more like this fellow:
James_Profile.png

Or her:
beyond-two-souls-screenshot-death.jpg

Or this woman
tomb-raider-2013-outfits.jpg

So fitting Dante into a contemporary or western setting (the setting DmC Dante is in now) isn't complete bullshit. And just because the originals were in a fantasy gothic world, doesn't mean they have to do the exact same stuff all over again, because it is a reboot, not a remake, a reboot.

I'd rather see Dante dress and act more human, than continue with the one-dimensional character the demon hunter winded up becoming in DMC4, where he couldn't even respond to pain or moments of danger.

Well Dante isn't human (neither is the new one).

Well Dante really didn't need to worry since he apparently had everything under control but I guess staying calm and collected in the face of adversity isn't a human characteristic. Plus its been stated since the first DMC game, that Dante had a high tolerance to pain.

I guess while we're at it I guess we should change the appearance of the Avengers or any western superhero cause no one wear giant capes, heavy metal armor, or skin tight outfits for they'll get laughed at or don't fit in a modern/western setting.

BatmanChristianBale.jpg
Superman.jpg
200px-Hawkeye01.jpg

Hear that Batman, Superman, and the Avengers (and every other Superhero). You guys will get laughed at so change into something more modern and normal if you want to fit into your modern day American settings.

Also, I thought that Capcom dropped the reboot term long ago and replaced it with re-imagining/retelling or an alternate universe. Plus a reboot doesn't only refer to tossing aside everything to start over in a fresh new take or alternate setting. I mean the Tomb Raider reboot actually somewhat (I think they said this) takes place before the actual original TR series and is meant to bring TR and Laura to her roots and reboots the series by starting over and be a stand alone story that either leads to the original TR (maybe more DMC fans would appreciate the reboot more if it was like that) or a new direction (if Square Enix saw fit). Alex Jones said DmC was meant to be a retelling of Dante's origin story of how he became the iconic Devil Hunter (something DMC3 was).

DMC was always fantasy because of the dark/supernatural tone created because of the existence demons and how they affect this rather normal human day setting and as for gothic its hard to say the DMC universe isn't gothic since we've only seen like 4 settings (1 which was a demon possessed island that abandoned human life thousand years ago, another which is a seclusive religious society which do still exist today, another which was a metropolitan city designed by a businessman as well as an old school village located in an irrelevant/uncharted island) we've never been a location in Asia/Africa and of course Fortuna being located near Europe would have a gothic style buildings considering gothic styled buildings are common in Europe(England, France, Italy) (a western location). DmC is no different due to the existence of both demons and angels and some holy war as well as Limbo which shape shifts the environment to create rather surreal locations. Sounds like fantasy/supernatural to me, unless if you believe in demons and angels. The real difference is that DMC takes place in the 70s-80s and DmC takes place in the 21st century.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I guess while we're at it I guess we should change the appearance of the Avengers or any western superhero cause no one wear giant capes, heavy metal armor, or skin tight outfits for they'll get laughed at or don't fit in a modern/western setting.

Hear that Batman, Superman, and the Avengers (and every other Superhero). You guys will get laughed at so change into something more modern and normal if you want to fit into your modern day American settings.
Sorry, but that's another point altogether. Superheroes don't go into a bar dressed AS superheroes. Spiderman faces everyday life dressed as Peter Parker, then changes his clothes when he has to do supehero stuff. Dante does not change in "normal" clothes when simply hanging around (we see that in the anime). So there's a difference.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
If my Uncle still owned a pub/bar and I could afford Dante's cosplay, I'd definitely walk into a bar dressed as him :p

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Sorry, but that's another point altogether. Superheroes don't go into a bar dressed AS superheroes. Spiderman faces everyday life dressed as Peter Parker, then changes his clothes when he has to do supehero stuff. Dante does not change in "normal" clothes when simply hanging around (we see that in the anime). So there's a difference.

Some superheroes do wear the same outfits into certain locations such as Blade and not all superheroes hide their identity (in the Iron Man movie Tony went to a Starbucks..or was it Dunken Donuts in his suit).

images
images

I never seen them wear anything normal...maybe they did and I missed it.

Wait what we're we talking about again?

Oh yes Tameem statement.

If Dante walked into a bar in Tokyo dressed as he is in DMC4, it can go anyway since cosplaying is normal/common in Japan and out of all places Tokyo......
Akihabara.jpg

1224299632706_1.jpg
japan.jpg

DMC4 Dante would fit right in but now if this guy walks into a bar in Tokyo.

images

Minus the guns and sword, they would probably think he is a classless Gaijin...or a douchebag.

If DmC Vergil walked into a bar in New Jersey/Alabama he would either get jumped or questioned for his fashion sense.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people

I think you're missing something important, superheros don't wear their costumes 24/7. They dress like average people outside of their crime fighting lives, because they are human beings, their costumes are a means of hiding their identity. Even those in the films like the Avengers, Spiderman, Fantastic 4, Iron Man, Catwoman Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Daredevil wear normal clothes. The only guy that comes to mind who doesn't take off his costume is Doctor Manhatten from Watchman, and that's because he doesn't wear clothes o_o

That's why Chronicle got brought up before, they are people with supernatural powers, but through the film they don't use their gifts for doing the usual superhero thing we see in Marval. The only time any one of them comes close to dressing up is Andrew when he puts on a fireman outfit.

chronicle_review.jpg

And need I bring up this show that's pretty much about the same thing.
heros-group-team-together.jpg

Even so, shows and films like Chronicle and Heros are in similar but different boats to Marval.

Top Bottom